Did you all see the Final Fantasy 16 Trailer?

Looks like DMC.

Not really sure I like the way the franchise is going. I personally didn’t like 15’s gameplay much, although FF7 remake gameplay was a lot better.

It looks like Game of Thrones first episode to me, that trailer was exceedingly boring zzzz.

I really want to love this but it doesn’t look like an RPG it looks like an action game with XP and levels, and I don’t particularly care about those.

I miss old-school FF games with fully controllable 4-man parties, the classic jobs and turned-based combat. But the modern ones that feel more like action games than RPGs, not so much.

3 Likes

The tales games, while incorporating action, still hit all the same spots as traditional jrpgs.

This stuff that we got in 15 and 7r is kind of thing that makes me want to yell at clouds

Not a fan. It’s DMC + FFXIV. The older dude with the white hair legit has the SAME exact style from XIV. They’re unfortunately straying away from what FF use to be.
I really rather not play a single player FF14…But we’ll have to see more on it. I’ve pretty much given hope on SE making any good FF games and they seem to bork up remasters and crap. (Hi, FFCC…) but I did love FF7R. I say for them to go back and remake the older games now. Like FF1/2 and 8 maybe?

I am actually happy they went in more with a Fantasy route this time. I will be keeping my eyes on this game. I have mainly played FF games for the story so if its good I could care less about turn based vs action however I do prefer action based combat.

I have GBF for a turn based gameplay.

“The following content is captured on PC emulating the Ps5 experience”.

Well that’s a red flag if i ever seen one. :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

"Hey guys, we’ve recorded this game on the PC to show you what might the PS5 possibly be running at… Might. Also i know we said it’s a PS exclusive, but were showing it to you on PC… But-but-but, it a PS exclusive, because… it’s impossible to port it on the PC, the engine… wouldn’t …allow …it, or we don’t …have the talent… ummm…:thinking:… We have half of the kingdom fighters characters in there as free DLC! you like that, don’t you? :upside_down_face: "

It’s actually coming out on PC as well, so I was mistaken

Oh. Then what the point of the–

…Wait a minute. Hold on.

Notices IGN’s logo at the bottom :face_with_monocle:

Oh… IGN. :expressionless: That explains everything.

https://www.pcgamer.com/final-fantasy-16-release-date/#:~:text=Final%20Fantasy%2016%20is%20real,version%20is%20on%20the%20way.

Final Fantasy 16 is real, and it’s coming to PC. The game was announced during a Sony livestream showing off upcoming PS5 games, but FF16’s debut trailer clearly stated that a PC version is on the way.

1 Like

I remember playing Final Fantasy 2 on Super Nintendo in like 1992…I beat that game…it was amazing.