Did they just totally give up on PVP?

I am truly asking. Seems like PVP is a thing of the past with WOW.

• You have class balance way out of control and no fixes. The old WOW team would never have let it go this long. ( I mean hunter in PVP is embarrassingly OP)
  • No new BG maps in forever.
  • At least 25% of the time a BG will start with one side at 7 players and doesn’t get filled until the game is over.
  • Healers are almost non existent
  • People absolutely begging for blacklisting again and no responses…
  • Speaking of responses, has anyone seen a blue post recently regarding anything Substantial with PVP?
  • Broken MMR.

I mean, it might be nothing more than a 20 year old game in its final years.

5 Likes

It was never one of the games core focus points. I’m pretty sure pvp in wow was always just the passion project for a relatively small group of devs.

I find it fun and while new maps would be great I accept that they’ll never really focus on pvp as an expac revamp feature.

2 Likes

You’re about 8 years late to the party.

1 Like

Doesn’t stop them from using it as an excuse to not give us new glyphs and take away lock pet skins :expressionless:

5 Likes

Wait OP are you pretending that classes have ever been perfectly balanced? :rofl:

I mean you can go play Classic right now and tell me how that works out for you.

You can see how good your “old WOW team” was at this lol

5 Likes

No,I’m sure they not giving up on it but more likely dream up some idea to include it in some pve content to please the pvp people.

I get that. What I don’t get is, around the middle of this whole game (10 years or so) they had a gold mine on their hands with PVP. It was and still is, functionally, the best PVP of any MMO ever made imo. Where they went horribly wrong is ignoring it. Now its functionally amazing and probably one of the worst games for balance. The balance between classes isn’t just bad, its embarrassingly bad.

What are you talking about? Blizzard has been more frequent with PVP tuning than ever in DF. Did you not play previous expacs that if a class was busted it was busted that way until the next major or minor patch?

2 Likes

Classes have never been perfectly balance and I posted this before reading your post…

Lol. Lmao, even.

Meanwhile FFXIV PVP is amazing. Just finished grinding out my seasonal pvp series level to 25 last night :heart:

You’re either trolling or just got rolled by a hunter and came here to post some emotional nonsense.

1 Like

Better balance? I agree, FF is amazing for that but…
The feel isn’t, well, WOW which I personally believe is the best.

With the exception of a few outliers such as the initial ret re-work and the introduction of aug, class balance is probably the best it’s ever been.

2 Likes

I never understand why they do this. Most PVPers I find don’t want anything PVE related in their PVP.

2 Likes

It feels great getting a “win” in Solo Shuffle (3 or more victories) and coming out with +0 rating and -1 MMR.

1 Like

Agreed, Blizz has used pvp as an excuse to do some of the most ridiculous things to the game.

Honestly,I don’t either I always thought they were separate for peace of mind. If I wish to pvp it shouldn’t be including in or with it.

Long a go we had two camps of player battling on one ground now it’s one camp fight the same. Social media is what ruin the pvp nothing else is more upsetting than cheating.

1 Like

Amazing as in gutted and homogenized with no consequences for failure? Actually pouring one out for the Feast.

I mean it’s been on a downhill slalom since the end of MOP imo

2 Likes