Did they change the honor cap to 500k?

Yeah… but SoM is dead, and the only version of “vanilla” is Era.

But this shall apply to that future “SoM” too. Should be fun.

I’m not a fan of changes to Era specifically but I’ve decided, after thinking it over for a while, I’m ok with this one because it’s made people happy and excited for Era PVP again.

I don’t really have an opinion on the number so I didn’t comment when citing the blue post.

Every time I read this it’s like someone acting like they made this great discovery that they went out in the rain and they got wet, so they need to tell everyone. Even though anyone over 3 already knows this.

Yes EVERYONE already knows that the ranking was based more on time than skill. I’ve been in hundreds of these threads and people say this but it’s literally the same as the getting wet in the rain scenario. The exception is that being more skilled players, in both game skills and social skills (the second being just as important in an MMO IMO, even though many undervalue real skills like the ability to work as a team, socialize and network for some reason), would get into premades that could out-grind solo lone wolf types. Premading will still be faster.

1 Like

Should be interesting, IMO even with the nerfed honor system the “System” is still a bigger grind than any of the dungeons / raids in “vanilla”, and it will still be easier to gear in PVE than PVP.

Overall tho it very well may have a positive impact on PVP because with the limits of sanity set at levels that mere mortals can achieve, more players will turn up because its accessible making the PVP Q’s more numerous and games more numerous in turn making the PVP experience better overall.

BUT this is all speculation and only time well tell for certain.

1 Like

Hey do you know when they changed the out of combat timer in “ERA”??

Asking because I just realized its different from Classic 2019, and is using the TBC version… Back in Classic 2019 and even “Vanilla” when you kill a target in PVP combat, you’re instantly out of combat, there was a bug in Classic 2019 that would do this mid combat, but that was a bug and fixed not long after it cropped up.

I find this semi annoying because instant out of combat AFTER the target is dead was also how it works in PVE, and mechanics in vanilla were basically universal…

So what happened?

Yes, it is annoying.

Hmm…
I know what you’re talking about but I don’t know when exactly this changed because I haven’t really been actively playing Era the whole time. I do know that when SoM came out there were a bunch of bugs that occurred in Era and Blizzard took a long time to fix them. Maybe someone else knows? I did a bit of research but was only able to find a thread from July 2020 which is before TBCC so that wouldn’t count. Maybe there’s some relation though so I’ll share: Combat state persisting for far too long in PvP - WoW Classic / WoW Classic Bug Report - World of Warcraft Forums (blizzard.com)

1 Like

The thing is with stuff like this it’s a double edge sword.

I’m playing a rogue rn, gonna go to r14, I’m happy to get to grind less and get dope weapons, but will it be as memorable as when I grinded to 12 when it was hard? Not it won’t be.

It comes down to what you’re asking for from your game, if you want to complete your character, this is good. But in the long run I don’t want classic to be warped to much.

Idk about everyone else, but how I find meaning in life is usually working towards a goal and achieving that goal. If all the goals that actually feel like a struggle are removed, the game loses what makes it worth the time.

Exactly right, it isn’t a skill based achievement it is just how much time you can devote to rolling randoms in BGs per day.

I have well over 500k HKs on my old main from my RP-PVP days and know all about the people who get the idea that spamming BGs makes them “better players”. It’s going to be fine “bro”.

1 Like

Im talking about pvp’rs who DO NOT RAID.

Sure people who pve in full on raid gear in classic can be good but more than likely they are not.

I cleared raids in vanilla afk watching netflix and I HATE PVE. I think they need tier 2 3 and 4 pvp weapons to keep on par with raid patches tbh

Your easy and my eays might be completely different. Sure raiding is sub iq 60 levels of easy but id MUCH rather BG dall day every day and world pvp than have to sit half awake in a raid for a night or 2 every week.

They should’ve created some entry level pvp gear and mid-level and finally r14. But, pvp has always been an afterthought with blizzard.

Yeah, I only want to raid on one char and pvp on alt. =)

1 Like

I agree with this. I do think people are still achieving a goal though, even with the new ranking system.

Ranking to me in the past was kind of like running a marathon, of course running a marathon is better for health and the body, but I mean that ranking was like an endurance test. One with people you cheer on doing the same thing, where you see them when they are sleep-deprived and cranky but you help them get through it.

Few people really saw it this way though. They just saw it as something they couldn’t obtain due to obligations. They also don’t seem to see success after enduring as valuable, and instead, they stereotype and name call, which says a lot about them as people and reads as weird jealousy. I had someone go off at me in a real life way in another thread just for talking about how I ranked during covid when I couldn’t go out and do much, and they seemed to be really angry about something deep down and venting it to me in a way I’ve never had anyone do to me before on here. I wish more people would just be a bit more open-minded but that’s a huge pipe dream, they like their hard-set opinions too much to ever learn and grow as people.

Anyway, it’s going to be like a rep grind now where you kill other players instead of mobs, where grouping with friends still helps. A long one though.

To me, the part about being able to group with friends and play against other teams is still the most fun part. I’ll have to see how satisfying it feels at the end, but that probably won’t be until the next season for me. Maybe the whole group ranking at the same time together will be just as fun where the end goal is just as satisfying.

1 Like

If you don’t dedicate an extreme amount of time to the game, there are some things you don’t deserve and that’s perfectly acceptable.

5 Likes

This all sounds SO familiar. Is this your alt?

1 Like

There was a poster on a demon hunter (retail) that sounds very similar as well.
Sockpuppet fiesta!

1 Like

So when I ranked to r12 a little while ago, I saw an alliance hunter from faerlina getting the r1 spot each week with about 140k honor…

oddly enough, he’s lying.

TBC released on January 16th 2007.
Netflix released on… January 16th 2007.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Netflix#:~:text=Netflix%20was%20launched%20on%20January,video%20on%20demand%20streaming%20service.

4 Likes

I got rank 13 and the only times i ever got ahead of 600k honor were during av weeks.
Went from lvl 56 r7 to 60 r13th in a month. The only time i legit had to spend an imbecile amount of hours were the r13 week and would need more 2 weeks to get r14 which i said no thanks, the rest honestly fine timewise, it didnt alter my schedule althought sucked i had to do pvp and couldnt spend time pveing due decay and standings.

Anyway anyhow nothing in classic is about skill, its just time investiments.

That being said, the major issue with the new system is crystal clear, a lot of the content may get obsolete, the easier to get r13 gear and r14 weapons mean the less reason you have to do anything else in the game and it will have consequences, why waste time going for t1/t2/ and even t2.5 when aq40 equivalent gear is pretty much more easily tangible and requires less timeframe to achieve than geting a full 2.5 gear.
As i sated i mostly played solo making friends along the way and took me 1 month.
I dont know any paladin that got full t2.5 in a month although im sure its possible fi everything is funneled @ you.

This inevitaly leads to people that dont want to pvp, HAVING to pvp and thus dont want to keep playing the game anymore. The drama with the mop legendary questline which demanded 2 bgs to be done caused damage, imagine whole dungeons and raid tiers dead lol
So be careful witht he rose tinted glasses cause cutting content to 3 bgs is hardly something posetive.

If blizzard is willing to reduce pvp timeframe i dont see why pve also shouldnt get it, be larger amount of loot dropping or more raids to do each week… or both. Else you gonna funnel a larger amount of the playerbase in a content they dont wanna do but feel like they have to else they gimping themselves.

1 Like

What server and faction did you play on?

To go up from r7 to 13 in 4 weeks would mean you would of had to been in the top bracket every single week effectively slowing down the progress of everyone else trying to from r13 to 14 during that same time period.

500k cap is great especially for wsg and ab weekends. And even av weekend considering on mankrik during classic people were pushing 900k on av weekends.

Whitemane alliance, something you could see while replying me lol.
I did sit in bracket 12 playing 4-5 hours a day basically spamming bgs.
You dont get better rewards for breaking brackets either, i dont know why people believe playing 14 hours a day every day to go from 7 to 9 70% will benefit them than instead playing 5 hours to go from 7 to 9 60% lol. There was a dude in bracket 13 playing 9 hours a day which was rank 2 some weeks ago, he went to 6 and complained and got burned out after doing the same thing to go from 6 to 9.
Both times he exploded the softcap insanely just because he never understood RP gain.
Rn there is a drama at alliance side because one dude firmly believes only one person can be gm every week, its quite funny too.

Anyway, Just use the calculator and set it to SoM/era we way past the 1.12 method.

1 Like