Did the BFA Story Make You Change Faction?

Ariel literally said “most relevant / most lowerful”… you know as in BOTH. Precisely so people like you wouldn’t use the “buut, buut!!! Not the most OP!!!”

Sometimes side material tries (and fails) to sell characters as most powerful or most relevant to the story cause when one goes and actually experience the game, one finds different characters actually being represented much better or more often (giving the idea they indeed are ultimately the actual best at the job). Lore in a tale could come tomorrow and say Rommath is more powerful than Jaina, but I’ll bet you people WILL use all the game development and side material regarding Jaina to contest this argument. THAT IS THE POINT I’M TRYING TO MAKE REGARDING HUMAN RACE PORTRAYAL. Lore can try to imply all you want that Velen or random Orc hero are better Priest/Warrior, but fact is both the game AND side material like novels gave the actual edge to the Wrynns.

When one supposedly underdog race in a game ends up with a cast full of prominent or even downright OP characters, it kinda becomes hard to justify its underdog status in the first place.

Btw… Lucan Foxblood. Check him. You’ll understand then.

2 Likes

You evidently aren’t aware of my writting style… Typical angry midget, I suppose.

You said “fulfilling the “best” spot”. You didn’t say “best and most relevant”.

Don’t backtrack now.

Go back and re-read… I’ll wait.

How many more times I do need to quote your own post back to you, Ariel?

I don’t think anything would cause me to change my main’s faction.

My main will always be my Night Elf Druid. So unless the Night Elves are forced out of the Alliance and into the Horde, it’s not happening.

1 Like

Wouldn’t that be great though. Maybe if we switched sides we’d stop having our characters ruined and be more than just slaughter fodder.

Doubt it.

It would just be ruined in a completely different way.

3 Likes

/sighs

Apparently as many times as you need to actually go back and read what I posted

3 Likes

In case you haven’t noticed he loves to cherry pick and only quote snippets of other people’s posts to try and frame their argument differently to be something he can more easily refute.

1 Like

Hehehe, I´m pretty aware don´t worry… I just want to see how will he try to get away from the direct quote…

1 Like

Maybe I didn’t focus on the ‘most relevant / most powerful’ bit for a reason. Just because in your eyes they’re the same thing doesn’t make it true. It’s clear what you meant.

BFA’s story has made me want to stay on the Horde side more than ever. Due to faction pride I can barely stomach being in Boralus for any more than 5 min, hell I can’t even bring myself to fight back when random Horde players try to gank my Alliance alts.

NOTHING will ever make me switch to Alliance. Id sooner quit and play FFXIV full time.

Interesting observation:

The players who like what’s going on with the Horde and want to stay Horde are (generally) elves.

The players who dislike the story and are crestfallen with the current direction it’s going in are (generally) orcs, tauren, and trolls.

Hrm.

4 Likes

On the Horde side, I play (in order of creation) Belf, tauren, troll, and goblin.

I am beyond cresfallen at this expansion’s storyline. I’m just not on board the Saurfang Revolution train either.

I faction changed to unsubbed. There are a lot of other games out there I’ve discovered, and paying money to be lied to by the devs and insulted by the story team is just too much.

I’m done as of the end of the month. I sincerely doubt that the story team has any chance of solving the problem they’ve created.

1 Like

I have not changed, but I decided to bunker down and level up a Belf Warlock to max, really experience the red side first hand. I’ve grown more tolerant to the Horde than I had been, but my hatred for Sylvanas has only grown. Every time she speaks I say, sometimes out loud, something to the effect of “shut up, you absolutely vile b*tch”! I’m also growing tired of Nathanos pretty quickly too. The dude just seems to hate the player character for no real reason (that I can see)

“Champion of the Horde…hah!”

Like alright dude, WTF, what do you want from me? Do we gotta tussle? You think you’re better than me cause you’re Sylvanas’ lap dog-cuck?

I’m digging the Zandalari more than I thought I would though. Bwonsamdi is a real treat I never got more than a glimpse of on my main. Overall having a good time, but I still support the Alliance 100%.

No. I still play Horde because its the ideal faction for raiding.

No idea how you came up with this observation or why its relevant at all. I’ve seen plenty of belf-facing posters (such as Carma, Ariel, etc.) being crestfallen with this current narrative and very very few (if any) Horde posters in general being satisfied with this narrative.

Not sure how undead posters fit in this observation of your’s but folks such as I and Sam have already unsubbed.

Edit: Even this thread has more belf-facing posters being unsatisfied with the current narrative. Where does this observation of your’s come from?

5 Likes

Like most of your observations in this thread, this one is a bit simplistic and irrelevant.

I play this Troll as my main. And I love the current Horde.

I happen to play on a Blood Elf and post with one. But I am a Troll player as well. People are not locked into one character per account…

That aside, Elves are the most played race on the Horde. They would represent a larger portion of IRL Horde supporters since they are the most played Horde race. But being a Blood Elf Player does not preclude one from also being a Troll or Orc player.

3 Likes