Did the BFA Story Make You Change Faction?

Free to 35, and the standard edition is often randomly free on steam and other places. Due to how the game lets your character level all the 30ish classes at once, you could play an absurdly long time with the 35 limit if you really wanted to.

1 Like

Nope no faction changing for me though I have for once found I enjoyed the Alliance story as well. Basically I try to see it through my characters prospective which are varied but boil down weā€™re loyal to the horde not the present warchief. My warlock is more open to things but sheā€™s a little (ok maybe a lot) deranged and doesnā€™t care if the world burns sheā€™ll throw gas on the fire. My human pally is disgusted with the horde but Day is kinda ehā€¦ Iā€™m stuck here Iā€™ll fight for them so long as they dont go after my people. Touch Quelā€™thalas or a perfect hair on Lorā€™s head and Iā€™ll send you screaming to the void. Oh and I pretty much disregard most of the war campaign as OOC.

You do realize Sylvanas torched his kingdom and killed his son, with the intent of raising every Gilnean into undeath, right? Just because we joined forces at the broken store doesnā€™t mean old wounds are healed (as we can so clearly see).

You hate Genn for wanting justice in spite of the broken shore, but donā€™t hate Sylvanas for blatant genocide in spite of the broken shore?

Teldrassil just makes Genn look righteous.

9 Likes

No, pretty much Horde for life. Story would never make me faction change since Iā€™ve been playing with the same people on Horde for 10~ years.

4 Likes

Nope, still Horde main for life. It doesnā€™t matter how much they trash the Hordeā€™s story, I still love my faction and consider it my home.

8 Likes

nope! i am gilnean for life. i will never be a slave to sylvanas

2 Likes

No. Iā€™m a Horde boy. My Death Knight has been Alliance for the past four or five years, but not because I like the Alliance. Itā€™s because the human model is the most dignified when wearing full armor. Thereā€™s no bones sticking out. Thereā€™s no ears or eyebrows.

I donā€™t really like the Alliance very much outside of Genn and the Dwarves, but Blizzard does what it does with models so whatever I guess.

1 Like

You mean Taelia? Thatā€™s not Maisie Williams. Sounds like her though.

Bummer, Aryaā€™s my favorite.

1 Like

No, but it made me play the Horde even more. Playing Alliance just feels wrong as a Horde main in a story about faction war.

That said, I do maintain an Alliance alt for the collectables and the ā€˜Two Sides to Every Storyā€™ achievement. I just donā€™t care for them much.

4 Likes

I wanted to switch over to the Alliance after the War of Thorns. Honestly the only things keeping me from switching is the cost to buy 6 faction changes and the love I have for my guild despite the fact they drive my sanity and patience into a black hole.

5 Likes

Just make an alt to experience Drustvar. Drustvar is very cool.

drustvar is the best zone in bfa, especially if you use the inky black potion

Burning Teldrassil made me wish faction changes were cheaper just so I could change all my Alliance toons to Horde.

11 Likes

Much as I donā€™t like the current story all of my guilds are Horde and they at the very least play the Horde like itā€™s Thralls Horde. I just donā€™t read the quest text anymore

Kinda cheating on wow with eso though, if only because I really do love the Elder Scrolls.

Oh my mistake, i meant Meera Reed.

1 Like

Iā€™m an Alliance player at heart but I have more Horde alts I care for than Alliance ones. It helps when youā€™re an rper that can ignore half the story as you make up your own. It also helps when half of my characters are some level of crazy, self serving, and or evil.

WoW has turned me off Night Elves though. Only way I can stomach the narrative is by making mine outcasts.

HOLY CRAP, TAELIAā€™S MEERA REED!!

1 Like

Who?
10/char

Not quite.

I donā€™t want to leave the Horde. I donā€™t want to abandon my main that Iā€™ve played since I started WoW. I love my guild and the friends Iā€™ve made Horde-side. And, well, despite how downright awful the story is, I still love the Horde. I care about the Horde races and despite the writersā€™ best efforts, I like the Hordeā€™s cast and premise, malformed as they are currently.

But, Iā€™m not gonna lie, when my guild took a break over the holidays, I got two Alliance characters to max level and there was something relaxing about it. There were certainly moments that made me sigh (Umbric preaching about how heā€™s glad he wonā€™t be using the Void for the Horde because they can never do anything good, the Forsaken bosses that are happy youā€™ve killed them, that one dwarf NPC in incursions that drives me up the wall). I found myself rolling my eyes a lot when dealing with a good chunk of the NPCs. Shaw was beyond grating. But, it was also kind of nice? To just be able to do quests without NPCs moralizing at you. To do things in game and feel like youā€™ve accomplished something that the story doesnā€™t immediately take away from you.

And, yeah, clearing that beach of goblins felt good and no one said a thing about how Iā€™d just murdered two-hundred people. I liked being able to just have fun doing dumb quests in an MMO like that.

I canā€™t say I like the Alliance or any of its races with any of the passion I have for the Horde. I struggle to find any real investment on the Alliance end of things for various reasons. I find the over-saturation of humans (a race Iā€™m very much not interested in) rather stifling. And yetā€¦

If my guild had died like I was kind of expecting it to, I was really thinking about whether Iā€™d quit the game or just take a break from the story and actually put effort into finding an Alliance guild that I could enjoy being in and raiding for a bit on my Lightforged instead. Not because I enjoy the Alliance story more, but because it felt like I wasnā€™t constantly being dragged into story content where I watched characters I used to like become characters I canā€™t even recognize. Because so much of it didnā€™t feel like I was waiting for another shoe to drop.

11 Likes

How do you think Taelia got strong enough to lift that huge mallet of hersā€™? Dragging Bran around DOES have itsā€™ benefits.

2 Likes