Did Sylvanas betray The Horde?

Yeah I think he was referring to the part where Lor’Themar wanted to join the Alliance in Mist. To be fair the Blood Elves kinda have a loyalty that goes as far as themselves go. So I wouldnt entirely blame it on Lor’themar but I think thats what he was going after.

1 Like

Oh yeah. I guess Garrosh does tie into that as well, but it was mostly about just him trying to leave the Horde. Thanks for the correction.

Oh so more lame 4d chess then.

You know, she is not even a corpse. She is a Banshee Queen. She may be able to ditch the corpse and float around.

If honor means something to the living, and nothing to a corpse, imagine what it means to spectral disembodied creatures like Banshees.

1 Like

A spiritual war isn’t the same as a literal war. Regardless of if you agree with his justification or not, he still murdered Horde forces to help the enemy in direct opposition to the Warchief. Until his rebellion succeeds, that’s treason.

Nathanos would do anything for Sylvannas, even if it means he’s death, but also he knew he’d survive at least because of the dagger. Perhaps he was promised a port out from N’Zoth/Azshara? But of course we killed her so that went wrong.

The 2 can cross and mesh at times, as even spiritual wars can have that physical component. I’ll also point out that the only Horde that were killed by Baine were those that fought to the death. On the ship? a fair few ran once you got them low enough health wise.

Here we agree, the thing is some that follow Sylvanas seem to forget that even she was a traitor to Garrosh. The thing is, a lot of rebellions can be considered treason until/unless they succeed. The Horde rebelled against Garrosh, but everyone that did, including Sylvanas, was a traitor until they won.

2 Likes

When you decide to commit treason to support your spiritual war, you become a traitor.

So, you’re saying it’s OK because he only killed the ones that were dedicated to their duties and their Warchief?

Well he’s undead, so he doesn’t need to breathe, and his new body is pretty durable, so he stood a decent chance of surviving, but he’s not indestructible. He could’ve been captured by Naga, eaten by a giant sea monster, impaled on a spike,etc. Plenty of ways for him to die, and even if he didn’t, he’s still stranded in the middle of nowhere where access to portals and teleportation is/was blocked. I’m not sure if the dagger had anything to do with him surviving, it’s never really brought up after its brief appearance in the intro cinematic.

No, but I did say

and you and others say Baine “murdered” Horde troops. he did not. Murder means killing with premeditation. Murder would be what Sylvanas was planning to use Derek for against the Proudmores in a non-war situation.

I am sick and tired of the ones against Sylvanas being painted as the worst kind of traitors ever, killing Horde without discretion and without remorse. I am not saying what they did is “right” or “OK” but trying to return it to the proper perspective and the events as they went down. If I am pointing things like I did out, make sure you did not use language that paints a different picture then what actually happened.

1 Like

If you done horde said. It was a trap. That no one know about. The horde like always just takes advantages of it. Nathanson can not admit he wrong or week. So he just says something to make you feel secure.

That being said. I never seen a alliance admit anything involving the horde. They still blame current war chief for broken isle. Even though she was following orders of the then dying war chief. Among a host of other things.

I might add this. If story continues. It is highly possibly that blood elves go neutral or to alliance. The night borne are almost certainly going to alliance. This based on the story directions.

Now for Baine. No matter how paint it. He got on ship to free one guy. He dispose of many horde troops. because he felt it was betraying forsaken rules. The problem with this and much of the writing. If anyone played forsaken as long as I have. This has been done. The forsaken not only supported, they say it was a good tactically move. Not sure if writers know this or pay attention to wow history.

Baine did this all on his own. He never consulted any forsaken but the new ones. The one was new. The other let just say she been a problematic character.

So you’re arguing on semantics. Well, it’s good to know we’ve reached a dead end at least.

Never gunna happen. Ever.

Read the dialog. In mop they almost went over. The on going them is pointing this way again. I hope you are right. Still in two video’s he indicated it. There are almost no blood elves in this war. In fact the bulk of it is goblins and orcs.

Wouldn’t happen for far too many reasons, both meta and lore wise. They can’t just upend a significant portion of the Horde player-base and just make them Alliance magically, no matter how incoherently night elf rpers, male human paladins and high elfers screech and whine. Also, Lor’themar is/was fairly tight with Vol’jin and the Kalimdor Horde and still harbors a grudging respect and admiration for Sylvanas. I don’t see him jumping ship after risking his own hide to help Baine. The alliance with Jaina felt like it was borne more of desperation than anything else. They’ll go back to hating each other soon enough, trust me.

Then need to watch ending of the new raid. he planning on going to war against her. He joining them. Like I said I hope right. So far in this expansion they show very poor judgement.

I’ve seen the ending of the raid, it’s just the typical “let’s team up against the expansion baddie and focus on the greater threat” plot point. Don’t really see it as anything else.

Weird. What I saw we need to stop this war. We need to stop her in it. That pretty much says they joining up with others.

Oh he didn’t vanish. So, funny story, when the Horde fell into Najatar, Nathanos kinda got pinned down by some ship in a trench. I was going to let him stew for a bit, but then there was that whole thing with Azshara and the Eternal Palace, N’Zoth, I got caught up with Pathfinder and then I went to Mechagon and well, long story short By the time I got back…

points into trench

Nathanos: cackles madly I am the prettiest sea pony! The sassy suncrabs tell me so! Yes yes yes, the suncrabs tell me the sweetest nothings. They all want my delicious liver pearls, but they shan’t touch my beloved Banshee Queen! Nathanos licks a crude drawing beside his form Ooooh Sylvanas. You taste of sea salt taffy and lime!

At this point, I thought it would be better to exorcise him, but every priest I’ve brought here has seen that and refused to get close enough to lay hands. The situation has deteriorated and I have no idea what to do.

Hrm. I think the only choice we have left if to bury him in debris until we can’t hear him anymore and then tell everyone he died in the crash.