Did someone forgot to change the Darkmoon faire variant?

Since more that one month ago, this was reported on forums, wowhead…etc

I know that Blizzard staff was on vacation for the last 2 weeks but that doesn’t mean like any normal enterprise that a skelleton staff is required or that an issue reported several times before their time off could be avoided.

There’s not a response why the darkmoon faire wasn’t trigger for the first weekend of 2022, it’s like the variant that triggers this event in the code only checks for years before 2022…

This is a concern, because if small things like this happens, how can we trust on their response time for other bigger issues reported by the community?

1 Like

I think this has something to do with the extension of Legion timewalking. Now there are two timewalking events at once and the calendar is confused! We should help it.

As you can see on post from EU paste on the OP, the missing faire was reported on Dec 8 when Legion TW wasn’t extended yet.

Perhaps they coded the dates of these events by hand, not using a formula because they didn’t know how to code “first sunday of every month.” It’s also possible that they didn’t think that WoW would make it to 2022 when they started, good news for me I guess!

that’s what i mean maybe the code only has a range until 2021, I know about this because i’ve to set date ranges for triggers at my job, there’s programs and task that must be trigger against those values and when we don’t have a finish year for a task, we use 9999 as last year. The main concern is how this was reported by players and not changed, they should have a skelleton staff or someone to reply on the forums about the issue.

Blizzard doesn’t communicate with the player base, even if they don’t have the personal for fix it, just do a blue post and people will know that they notice it.

3 Likes

Out of curiosity, how could they do a “first sunday of every month” thing? Would this work?

(Day of week indexed 1-7 sunday is 1)
For dayOfMonth = 1 … 7
(
If dayOfWeek = 1
DarkmoonHappensThisDayOfMonth = dayOfMonth
break
dayOfMonth++
)

Well, basically as you mentioned you must iterate from the first date of the month and check if that date is equal to sunday “1” as you mentioned taking Sunday as first day of the week and once it finds the first sunday for a month, it should increase the month by 1 and trigger the event, so it can check against in next month.

1 Like

There was a blue post on CS forum about it. Said hopefully today.

1 Like

Thanks i just notice:

I think they should post this to the general forums like other news or just do a blue post besides the response to a specific post.

Thanks Reptar.

Not personally a concern of mine as long as it gets fixed :man_shrugging:

It’ll get fixed, but from my POV this small things not getting checked properly are as importan as covenants issues since 9.0 fixed 1 year later. It reflects a level of attention from their side that must be improve.

1 Like