Did some Alliance Helves become Void Elves?

basically no elf that wasn’t present when the ethereals attacked umbric and his followers should be turned into a void elf.

even alleria, someone who’s been practicing void magic for hundreds of years isn’t a void elf.

the reason the void elves are, well, void elves, is because the ethereals tried to forcibly turn them into more ethereals, but we stop the process before it’s complete during the unlock scenario, so unless the void elves are going to do the same thing to others, there should be no new void elves.

13 Likes

So are there more void elves canonically now than High elves or what? I can’t imagine Umbric had more followers than the entire Silver Covenant.

yeah, the void elf population is something that annoys me, I’d assume there shouldn’t be more than like 30, but I guess there’s enough for a playable race? so maybe there’s a few hundred maybe?

maybe they are mutating other elves into void elves, who knows.

I’d assume there’s more high elves, but blizz seems to be really fuzzy on their population as well.

1 Like

They put those high elves there to twist the knife. I don’t even want high elves and I know that much.

6 Likes

The void actually makes them breed at about 16 times the usual rate.

1 Like

Keep the High Elf talk in the High Elf Megathread please.

Unchanged High and even Blood Elves can be seen in the Void Elf areas. They might be curious but haven’t committed.

If there’s enough to kill in world quests, they’re most likely turning those pilgrims into void elves.

it’d be funny if they pulled a forsaken and forced the void onto blood elves, then gave them to option to join the Ren’dorei or be consumed by the hungering void.

3 Likes

That would actually make them really interesting

it certainly would, submit light-infused heathen :smiling_imp:

Don’t threaten me with a good time

2 Likes

The Elven race is so annoying lore wise. Okay, so Arthas’s attack on Silvermoon was a huge offender. A large population was killed and then they had the separation of ideology, traditionalists(Helves) VS elves that must move on and use fel magic(Belves).

Then we have some Elves that became Death knights and some San’layn. Then we have that group that dabbled with the void in secret that never really aligned with the Horde. Not to forget the Dark rangers that serve Sylvanas are also still there with the Horde.

So we are forced to believe that this random group can justify a race even though the tiny group of Helves are more in numbers at this point. But i digress i understand blizzard was throwing lore and typical race validation rules out of the window to stop the Helf fans roaring at their throats. But also not to offset the Horde. Very neutral choice by blizzard but makes both sides more or less upset.

TLDR: Yes, any sub-culture can be an AR it’s up to player imagination at this point when it comes to justification.

Not! You do not become radioactive or learn to emand radiation by storing cesium isotopes!

You would not become a void being by studying the void!
Priests become void beings when using spec shadow?

I think not!
Void belves arose from an accident, in a process that no one can recreate!

Did you speak to a dev who said that’s why high and blood elves are with the void elves? I’d love to hear all about it.

• There are some high elves in Telogrus, yes, but none of them is marked as Silver Covenant nor uses any gear set worn by Silver Covenant NPCs.
  • Void elf lore is so shallow that the only possible answer to your question is: “We don’t know”. Hell, we don’t know even if there are any new void elves after the first batch, nor how they make more of themselves or select new recruits.
9 Likes

Considering this thread is more about Void Elves.

5 Likes

Aside from the Silver Covenant there aren’t many Alliance high elves left, however
we would assume they are. There is a scenario where you see void elves showing void stuff to Alliance high elves near the mage tower in Stormwind. Though many players are claiming they can’t convert more, there is nothing in game to suggest they can’t and there is a dev interview that sounds like they can or soon will be able to. Both the number of remaining Alliance high elves and total population of Void Elves is also left vague. I think Blizzard likes to leave some things open to interpretation which is also part of the problem.

2 Likes

Oh ho yes she is LOL. You watch her eat a VOID Naaru. Lady’s a High Elf in the streets but a void elf in the sheets.

5 Likes

Alleria is something… unique. I’d say she qualifies as Ren’Dorei (child of the void), but she is most certainly NOT a Void Elf in same respect that those who were transformed by that interrupted ritual are.

2 Likes