Did retail patch 8.2 bring the forums down?

So, I was not expecting the final classic WoW test to bring the forums down last week due to “extreme load”. The forums were pretty much overwhelmed during most/all of the Classic stress tests.

Did the same thing happen with the 8.2 release? I don’t remember it happening, and I live on the forums since I can’t play WoW from the office.

2 Likes

Nope, that was the first time I saw that “Extreme load” message for the forums

Either this new forum is bad as usual or Blizzard are trying something new.

1 Like

:roll_eyes:

Nice veiled Classic hype thread. You’re in the wrong forum, though.

People like you have convinced me not to touch Classic with a ten foot pole.

27 Likes

This is more of a, Classic hype reality check thread because I’m genuinely curious if patch 8.2 brought these forums down as well since I don’t recall that happening at all.

Classic… possibly the most overhyped WoW related thing in history.

13 Likes

10 foot pole?
Please… One Mile Laser Pointer, even.

4 Likes

I’ve gotten the extreme load error a couple times but they weren’t exclusive to the stress test.

Please…

I wouldn’t look at Classic from a 15 billion light-years distance using the Hubble telescope.

6 Likes

Oh, yeah?
Well… Well… Something, something, big bang, something, background radiation!

2 Likes

I wonder how long it will take for all of the classic lunatics to go insane on their forums claiming Blizzard ruined their game.

7 Likes

Some have pretty much already done this saying blizzards damage/whatever values are wrong. Um, no, the private servers they’ve been playing on are wrong.

4 Likes

I find the disdain for Classic fascinating. BfA is a dumpster fire, but the passions for the certainty that Classic WoW will bomb are even hotter. It’s getting almost fanatical at this point.

2 Likes

You could cut the irony with a knife.

13 Likes

When I was doing the stress test this weekend people were noticing missing, some outright said they wouldn’t be back if that’s what it was like.
Me I’m going to level a lock and hunter there, for nostalgia, I had fun and I will have fun but I know what I’m getting into. I won’t be logging in for a few days after launch no shared tagging sucks, so the herd should thin out by then.

2 Likes

I figure it will be fun, but some of those guys are absolutely insane.

I am looking forward to seeing all the old world dungeons again before they were changed in later expansions.

Filthy retailers!:eyes:

2 Likes

Not to long I will guess. Maybe a week or so.

1 Like

You’re so precious

Its also getting fanatical the crap Classic fans are spewing about how its going to bomb Live and how anybody that doesn’t jump on the bandwagon of Classic is clueless and a White Knight for BFA.

2 Likes

Many have already done that. Check out the threads on layering.