Did online Blizzcon seem padded and sad?

Yeah I am as well. If anything hopefully 9.1 will become available on the PTR in a month or two from now in the least.

Hold up.

There are smaller companies absolutely crushing it in spite of Current Events.

TBF, I think we’ll finish strong, but I don’t hold my breath.

You’re completely right. There wasn’t much for them to talk about. So why did they dedicate half an hour to it?

You know that homework assignment you dreaded and put off to the last minute.
Yah that was the world of warcraft panels for me.

Celebrating a 30 years ?

It was like watching paint dry.

4 Likes

they didn’t it was 25 minutes and they replayed the opening cutscene to eat into that time.

1 Like

Yeah, but what else would you expect with Bobby Kotick in charge?

Yeah I was just about to say. Normally I would be excited for a revamped D2 but after what happened with WC3… oh good lord…hic!

Almost a waste of development time. I wonder how many weeks of preparation went into Blizzcon that they could’ve used to work and get things done faster

…and then this one time in Zangarmarsh…

Blizzcon was ALWAYS a marketing too and they used it to show what they are selling.

In this case the expansion for WoW. The new collection for those classic games.
An expansion for Hearthstone.
Hyping up OW2 and Diablo 4(even though it probably wont be out until 2022 or 2023).
Diablo 2 remake and Diablo Immortal.

Purely based on number of games this Blizzcon is about on part with the number of games they normally hype.

Yes, they are clearly extremely behind schedule and this means content drought.

1 Like

What IS even considered content anymore? Cant help but feel sorry for the devs on screen,some looked tired AF especially with having to balance appeasing not only the higher ups but try to please a crowd during a pandemic and has become more finicky by the year and seem to WANT the devs to lose their livlihood and WANT the company to die.

They had an additional three months to put it together, with everything but the Q&A portion pre-recorded, and they showed literally nothing about their upcoming patches.

“More of the same, one new area, some pets and mounts. We haven’t decided on anything else yet lol”

2 Likes

I don’t care if you consider them special or not. That’s not the argument.

The statement was “There is literally no content coming out in 9.1” and I pointed that out as being blatant, hyperbolic nonsense. That’s all, nothing else to be gained or said.

Are we adding stipulations now to the original comment?

Well the reason why i say “i wouldn’t call them anything special” is not in disagreement to your statement, but to also surmise on why they say “there’s no content”, because were at a point where major patches always come with a raid and possibly a dungeon, maybe a mega dungeon.

Yes, Dungeons and Raids are content and that person is incorrect in saying there’s no content.

It seemed fine to me. There were reasonable updates across many titles. If you only care about wow, than obviously there’s not much there, but that’s true of many blizzcons.

I wasn’t actually planning on watching at all, but I peeked in now and then, and some highlights for me:

bc classic announcement (even though I have no interest in it)
starcraft legends event
d2 announcement
d4 rogue announcement

Obviously, blizzard leaked the wow stuff early which wasn’t ideal, but I wouldn’t say it’s significantly worse than some other blizzcons (although certainly not the best).

The leak kind of took the wind out of the sails for me, and it was light on content, IMO.

That being said, reading the reactions around here really detracted from the experience. Friendly community my eye.

but wow classic was fine and so was broodwar, so who knows.

not to mention that they cut content that we all hoped to hear such as customization, all this blizzcon felt like they backing off of alot stuff that has been planned

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/blizzard-are-you-even-listening/877830

It was a gigantic cringe fest. I don’t even know what that was. Supposed staff on zoom calls with nothing to talk about but stuff they did years ago, some cooking weird stuff, cringe D&D, it was horrible. Free was too expensive.

2 Likes