Did Berserk get nerfed?

They really should just make raze do maul dmg. Kinda stupid to have a capstone end up being a direct loss in dmg. No other tank deals with that so why should the worst tank have to, ya know.

If it was maybe in place of vicious cycle just randomly in the tree then fine whatever have it be a downgrade in single target but as a capstone that just feels so bad.

2 Likes

Yeah… I don’t know why blizzard forces us to make sacrifices to obtain talents. The talent point spent should be the sacrifice. Choosing this talent means not being able to choose another. Thats it. Not…. “Hey, your maul does aoe now…. But your ST takes a huge hit. That’s poor design and a common theme amongst Druid talents. (Like 2x lifebloom.)

Raze should work like rampant ferocity.
Maul hits your main target and a percentage of that damage is converted to a cleave.

Simple. No sacrifice. Everyone’s happy.

3 Likes

My thinking is blizzard is making us pick to either do decent ST damage with Maul with TnC proc or do crap ST damage with raze and meh damage with AoE so that’s their agruement with “well you given you the choice and option to pick”.

They could do something like kept the damage maul does on ST with TnC proc with encless cycle and rework the raze talent so it goes something like “Raze - replace Maul for each stack of trash you on your target it does 50% more damage and hits every enemy within 5 years with raze damage reduce beyond 8 target”

So now you have an intresting talents that works on ST and AoE and you can do massive damage with it. It also iteracts with trash so you want to wait till you have 3 stacks of trash and use raze to do massive damage and since it also apply a shield it will kinda of bandaid fix guardian surivially a bit better.

Is Raze not uncapped? Reading up on it it’s an uncapped frontal. Does this not amount to more than Maul?

I think it says “three targets” or did that change?
NVM it says all, just looked. “all enemies in front of you, reduced for >5”

1 Like

That already exists through rend and tear.

Kinda redundant.

I like my idea better.
Copy paste from a tried and true talent that’s working just fine for ferals.
Short and simple.

Why complicate things. I just want maul to cleave. Hard pass on ramp up time as a tank.

That choice already exists.

Pulverize for ST
Raze for aoe.

It was nerfed because apparently the druid dev is still at their position and still was not reformed by higher ups or colleges even after the series of F tier work they did with this class so far(with very small exceptions).
Just look through the changelog from the start of the beta till today on each spec. Some of the lines could honestly be used in some kind of standup comedy show.

Really, no need to look for any deeper reason. I cannot even remember when was the last time a class dev was this much out of touch with both the community and his own work too.
I honestly could not even sleep if I would give such trash out of my hands for clients who intend to pay for it or already did. Disgrace!

1 Like

What’s interesting is that if it’s still that one guy doing Druid and Priest, he’s also the guy responsible for Shadow Priest.

/cringe (And I’m from the 80’s, It takes a lot for me to use that word)

If you look at rouge talent blade furry. It doesn’t make it so you do less damage to your primary target. It makes it so you hit up to 5 nearby target for 40% attack damage. What raze currently is doing is make it so you hit less than maul to your primary target. Why do we have to pick between doing too ST damage with maul or take raze and do stupid low ST damage and meh AoE damage. Why can’t it does good ST damage and ok AoE with raze.

That’s not much a choice they given us is there? When other class don’t have to give up their ST damage to do well in AoE.

That’s like giving prot the choice with revenge to do good ST damage and 0 AoE or Poor ST damage and meh AoE.

Why can’t they at least design raze like prot pally avenger shield where

Hurls your shield at an enemy target, dealing (60.28% of Attack power) Holy damage, interrupting and silencing the non-Player target for 3 sec, and then jumping to 2 additional nearby enemies.

Protection
Deals (7.077% of Attack power) additional damage to all enemies within 5 yards of each target hit.

Then they have a talent that make is either do more ST damage to the primary target or hits 2 more target.

That right there is a good talent since it doesn’t make it so raze is doing less damage but also have a talent to buff ST damage or hit more mobs (in raze case it can be change to a choice node to do more ST damage to the primary target or more damamge to everyone).

Not his gimp version of raze we have now.

So…. What I said then?

Make raze do the exact same thing.
It won’t replace maul, so our ST remains as is. Then have it cleave everything else for 70% of what maul does.

This would be nicer to view on logs as well, as you can differentiate what damage went where.

2 Likes

Or just simplify it:
Raze: Your maul hits all targets in a frontal cone.

And just not mess with it more than that.

1 Like

I mean…. Yeah. If maul just cleaved that would be cool beans.

I guess we’ve been given so little for so long that just the thought of it felt like we’re asking for too much.

Bad comparison as Outlaw Rogue doesn’t have a spammable AoE.

At this point I would even think a new mog for bear form is a win for us(not even thinking of class or talent changes or even number tunings). Maybe blizzard will be nice and fix our bugged talents.

Our sammable AoE is Swipe and does very little damage. The other spammable AoE is moonfire that does no damage upfront since is a DoT and it applies only to two target if we talent into it.

We’re also not a DPS class. Still a bad comparison

Chris-rock.gif

I do enjoy the summoning ritual. If you need blood next time, just ask. I think I can find some spare packets of ketchup. :smiley:

Better yet, make it Beetlejuice-esque, and make em say it three times before you appear! Just post the count of times said LOL

1 Like

To be honest he is always defending blizzard bad decisions even when druid is in a bad bad state he would always come and try to spin the changes to something great. Feels like he works for blizzard or something. Is fine to like a class but is another to mindless argue is great when things are not great. Having one guardian durid in the top 200 in tank ranking (not even now) is not great.

Is like saying instead of using your RTX 4090TI you use you GT 1030 to game in WoW COZ HEY guess what GT 1030 still works. Yea it works but at a much lower fps if you turn the graphics up or you play with the lowest settings and your game look like crap. But it will still run the game just game right. That’s the arguement here. We have better tanks that’s way better than guardian druid. Sure it works but is not great and we all are asking is for blizzard to make us better.

I’d say he doesn’t attack developers for just doing what they’re paid to do, yeah. But I also think how we approach feedback as a community sucks just as bad, if not worse, than design decisions. How many people complain, and then jump right back on, change specs, or change characters? Nobody takes their own feedback seriously and stops paying… That’s how to make a difference.

I learned many years ago to actually pay attention to Tical, because you may be able to learn something.

1 Like

When my sub runs out i am didn’t resub left my comment as to why I am cancelling.

The community was super unhappy due to the fact we have over 1000’s comment and feedback during alpha and beta and they were not even address or anything. Then before 2 weeks DF launch blizzard knew Guardian druid is in a bad spot and gave us a 50% arua buff to physical damage to prop it back up. I don’t think I ever seen a game where it does this kind of massive buff. This to me just show blizzard doesn’t know what to do and they ran out of time so to put some bandaid fix they buff the only thing they can think so. Buffing damage is easier than say trying to buff our def or mastery.

Also is not just druid got end of the stick if you look at other spec like SV hunter it was left in the dust and need several buff to prop it into a meh meh state. Same with alff lock it was doing so so bad when DF launch. Furry and Arms warrior also got a few buff which still not enough.

I feel slike the devs just don’t like admitting they are wrong even though they know they are and would rather keep their mouth shut. Is simple just admit you did something wrong and where it went wrong and what’s the plan to fix the spec or what buff they are planning to put out.

Instead they nerf berserk to the ground in this patch didn’t fix the bugged that was known in 10.0.5 PTR and were told aobut it. Went live with bugs and wasn’t fix till yesterday.

Thats tired and old.

I dont have knee jerk reactions to change if thats what you mean.
I “defend” the class I love from hyperbolic cry babies who reject spells/talents before they even understand them. Last summer the entire community was against using maul and marked me as a pariah.

Look at them now.
Couldn’t see the forest for the trees.

The current state of guardian is inconsequential to the content you and I are currently running. Nothing about the class is holding you back in any way shape or form.