Did 11.0.5 Forget Priest?

I think you’d be hard pressed to find people who agree with this. Apparitions is probably the most universally loved mechanic of shadow since it’s inception.

4 Likes

I’ve been doing M0 and the amount of Mind Soothe skips is insane. You can skip half the trash in a lot of these dungeons. Shadow is def gonna be meta in M+.

Obviously Shot will have to tell you the specific ideology behind the original use, as they are the one who posted the original, but it’s not about us thinking it will work to pressure blizzard into doing something. It’s just a matter of having a centralized phrase to consistently communicate that this class as a whole isn’t being designed with the same level of attention and standards as any other class in the game.

I’m slogging through content on my priest, because I’m stubborn and I truly love this class, but it feels miserable to play compared to my monk or evoker.

#priestsdeservebetter started after we were told we weren’t allowed to have any fun or useful things because other classes were being given those, and the changes we’ve seen since then have been bandaid stop gaps, numerical tuning to keep us relevant, and the constant degradation of our utility.

We get half baked mini reworks, and then the temporary power that’s propping those things up, even if that rework is enjoyable, gets removed and never replaced.

This philosophy has to change, and we can’t force blizzards hand, but still, having a centralized callout to show that we are unhappy isn’t a bad thing.

8 Likes

This 100%. It’s about having a uniform voice and expressing discontent with the current state of the class relative to others.

8 Likes

#priestsdeservebetter

2 Likes

Could be purely because of the Voidweaver tree. People being drawn in for the cool visuals and theme.

Once they see that
A ) It’s the weaker spec in every aspect,
B ) Blizzard ignores Priests every single patch,
they’ll probably go back to their previous class.
Or Elemental Shaman.

I do like the ghosties, but I will admit it does suck that it takes so long for them to travel.
I would be okay if they were replaced with more of the cosmic-blue stuff we have for Voidweaver.
I know I keep repeating myself in a lot of threads, but I firmly believe Shadow would be much cooler and differentiated if we used the cosmic void, while still maintaining a bunch of the psychic/mental features, rather than just purely purple-black insanity stuff. It’s fine to have, but I think the blue cosmic stuff should really show our mastery of it and how we’re using it for good.

Also, I don’t think the class has enough Fears. The deep, dark, cosmic voidy expanse can be horrifying and break the mind. I think it needs to be a stronger theme.
I feel like our AoE (if it ever got changed) should have a chance to cause a 1-second fear, similar to how Shaman have a quick trip on Earthquake.

Oh, also Door of Shadows and Cascade.
I think we need those.
Cascade is a fan favourite.
And it seems to be completely normal for every other void caster to travel via portals but Priest is the only class not allowed to have mobility?

5 Likes

Don’t forget spectral guise, which was thematic, fun and powerful.

They did find time to nerf Holy’s Oracle PoM - which is probably fair for dungeons, to be honest, but has to leave the spec even more light years trailing Archon for raid, I should think.

People like the Apparitions, because they add visuals to a class that has none.
Nobody likes them because of the insane gameplay they enable.

They are pretty much PL with a visual. They work pretty much the same?
I mean the more I think about it the crazier it is to me.

Probably the reason some people suggest to get rid of Apparitions .
I’d say get rid of PL since we already have pretty much the same mechanic with Apparitions. Secondly, they are way easier to tune in AoE vs ST.

1 Like

People are constantly talking during testing periods about how to incorporate more of our kit with apparitions, make them more interesting and involved.

People want that to be a focus of shadow, or are at least open to the idea so I’m not really sure what point you’re trying to make here?

My point was, that in there current iteration they are useless and could as well not exists.

I wouldn’t want them to be gone from a visual point of view, but design space wise they are a waste currently.

Other than that, we are on the same page. Apparitions are amazing visually and they should rework all of PL damage and design space into Apparitions.

I was merely pointing out, that people love them for the visual not what they do (which isn’t much).

2 Likes

I love the apparitions. It’s very satisfying to be in AoE and basically summon an army of ghosts. The travel time I think should be tweaked. Maybe each or every other DP causes ghosts currently traveling to rush to their target and explode for AoE damage. Or maybe give us a Shadow version of Warlock’s Implosion, that we can squeeze out some extra damage on execute phases.

I’m also of the opinion that, like Voidweaver’s mobility tool, we should have increased movement speed when walking alongside our traveling apparitions. Plenty of opportunities between packs when ghosts are being summoned and we are still running to catch up. Call the passive “Haunted Step” or something with a little Shadow visual by our feet.

1 Like

1000 % and if they insist on priests keeping it make it a self buff ad in a choice node with a interrupt of something.

Careful, with the results Priests get, they may just change them to the Cataclysm version where they slowly walk to your target and they are targetable so the enemy can slap them down and kill them without them doing a dang thing and then always just be something a warrior can charge to both get him closer to you as well as building up rage on both the charge and weapon swing so he can punch you squarely in the face and send you on a trip to the graveyard lol.

I personally like Psychic Link and I think it should remain part of Shadows kit. However, it should be optional choice with Mind Sear.

But if Mind Sear should return, then our mastery needs to be addressed. Addressed in the way of it needs to be changed completely (arguably should be done regardless) so that you don’t feel like your damage is suppressed if you don’t have all 3 dots on the target which is felt in both PvP with no threat of dispels and in AoE when you realistically are unable to apply 2 dots let alone 3 to ALL targets as anything past 10 and you are eating into you dot duration time if you are trying to use either Psychic Link or Mind Sear.

For Shadowy Apparitions, I really think they should explode and deal a portion of their damage as AOE damage up to a max target limit. That would cement them as a slow but efficient AOE cluster bomb if you will.

Similar to how Seed of Corruption works… or did work where you toss out some seeds and after a moment they all trigger and blow everything up.

With Shadowy Apparitions, their unique feature is that same slow build up to explosions. Then put that explosion feature into a redesigned Idol of Yogg-Saron.

The issue I think is that there is no simple 1 change answer to fix things.

I think we need many tiny changes that create synergistic talent paths/builds that you can choose to lean more in one direction or the other.

But sadly we are most likely not going to see such levels of changes until Midnight beta development cycle… if ever.

1 Like

Here we go with another end tier boss that casts roots and has knockbacks and Priests have the perfect toolkit for it. /sarcasm

3 Likes

And let me guess, not dispellable and of course Phantasm only works on snares/slows, not roots, right?

1 Like

It’s a combination of Dathea knockback and Tindral roots.

Wait, don’t tell me you’re knocked back so you can’t group up to AoE down the roots? Either way, a bunch of running around in a spread out raid won’t do us any favors… just hopefully we won’t need to be rescued by any scalies!

I’m not sure enemies need better CC than us… the return of Siege of Boralus reminds me how annoying things like getting death gripped and backstabbed and hamstrung by trash can be.

1 Like

A Simple way to solve: change some talents position on priest tree, to be able to take phantasm, etc, easier. Make dispel Magic and empower purify a 1 talent point, and dispel poison as well. Add Sanctuary talent to Smite baseline tooltip, JUST SMITE - not Void Blast, and make scale a bit better (Will fix a bit our “sustain heal”).

Give us back Shining Force, and an Interrupt, even with 30-45 secs CD Doubled if PVP (maybe that way).

And, the most important change: Void Blast can be casted wile moving, but with 80% of your speed.

GG, and after that, we will be tier B at least.

Agreed, we need a most value mastery, more scalable, to put aside some damage to heal more. Will be easier to balance at all.