Did 11.0.5 Forget Priest?

Echo has more value because were doing less overhealing compared to last expansion. I remember in M+ it would do 80%+ overhealing even at 10%, now it’s a lot less.

Raid overhealings about 1/2 what it was in DF so far.

1 Like

This thread needs to hit 500 responses and likes minimum

3 Likes

I just played through a delve with a special ability called Lightspeed dash that is literally a priest mobility spell. I’ve also witnessed xalath take void portals as she pleases. If we trap her back in the knife, can we bargain her freedom for void portal knowledge?

8 Likes

Disc imho needs a rework the most imho after playing around with it over the weekend.

When it was revamped in 10.2, Disc’s Flash Heal baseline was +50% stronger than Holy and Penance also could move hp bars. This made Disc able to funnel decent single target heals.

With TWW Disc’s Flash Heal heals the same as Holy without the Echo of Light + talent bonuses + tier set that Holy gets. That makes Disc have the weakest single target heals ingame now imho.

Disc is really lacking on healing cooldowns because you just have Void Rift, Mindbender, and Uppies. 2 out of 3 of these are mainly used as dps cooldowns to boot. You can really feel the loss of the S3 tier set bonus because you used to be able to reset Mindbender in 15s to have a near continuous uptime on it.

Disc can handle consistent damage patterns, but once crap hits the fan, and the groups getting pounded you really feel helpless when Mind Blast and Mindbender are on cd.

Holy in comparison has Halo or Premonition (1 minute), Divine Word (1 minute), Apotheosis (2 minute), Answered Prayers (every 1.5 minutes on avg), Divine Hymn (3 minutes), and Shadowfiend (w/ Essence Devourer) heals for more than Disc. There’s always a cooldown available so I always have a tool to handle every situation even when its full on chaos.

I just see no advantage of Disc vs Holy in M+ like it was last I played during S3. Disc back then just flat out clapped Holy.

Will admit that not seeing the actual work for “many talents” adjusted and talent points consolidated with the announcement of the patch was… very disappointing. After all that fuss about Resto Shamans with their “10 2 point nodes,” Holy was also at 10, and was drastically reduced to … 9.

There could be a massive rework on the way that’ll make its way onto the patch sometime later, as they figure more of the balance out with the massive changes and tuning adjustments they’re making… but I don’t know how much I believe that. I tried to refill my prescription but, for some reason I can’t speak to an Operator, and the automated system keeps telling me the prescription number’s invalid. I’m rationing the last of it.

Speaking on Holy, it’s nice to see others who think it’s more of a generalist. I get the desire for a niche, but I don’t know if I want that to be playing whack-a-mole. It pains me that Prayer of Healing is so bad in dungeons—making the spell more powerful outside of a raid is right there, just like they did with Atonement. We’re the healer that doesn’t get anything for free, … so Prayer of Healing shouldn’t suck in dungeons.

Would love to see more Support elements, perhaps a split path between those who like to AoE nuke with Holy Fire and, optionally, to contribute that damage to others with a channel (Mercy beam) or something. While we need an interrupt for Delves, I’d also be okay with some way of empowering other people’s interrupts (increased lockout, CDR, whatever).

We do have a couple areas that no other healer does and there’s great opportunity there.

Restitution

This should be higher up. Yeah, yeah, Arenas, but figure that out. Others get their cheat death for free or very high in the tree. It could even have a CDR element on it, where the lockout on revival has to be brought down with Apotheosis casts or something.

Ray of Hope

:pray:

A second external, and the opportunity to do damage reduction via direct healing, while balancing out the “reaction” aspect of Holy by getting more time to react to that damage.

I know, more buttons. I like buttons. I signed up for buttons. Make the buttons optional, but I want the buttons. It’s nice, though, when those buttons are worthwhile to press… Prayer of Healing.

And no more skills put into Prayer of Mending unless we’re consolidating something, and adding Divine Insight back in.

That’s my cook. And I get that the smoke alarm’s probably going off. Don’t worry, it’s just sensitive.

Holy feels like its the strongest its ever been in the last couple of expansions, while at the same time still has a clunky and outdated talent tree design.

The no interrupt situation seems to have been overblown because the trash doesn’t have that much more casters then in DF and you’re not going to even get one shot by missed casts until you’re in a lot higher keys then what people are doing now. Archon Holy has access to double Psychic Scream so you’re getting 2 for 1 on a 30s cd.

I’m only farming +8 delves and I just run them with groups to fill my vault out each week. Blizzard has ping ponged all over the place with the tuning though so it’s been a rollercoaster.

Is Holy meta? Not really. Probably a solid B-tier at best, but it’s still strong.

That double scream seems useless, no? The initial scream clears mobs off you and the second one goes off before the enemies are back on you, or have been picked up/killed by dps or the tank. How are you using it successfully?

1 Like

Psychic scream is used for AoE stops for casts that aren’t interruptable, and scream is very easy for targets to break out of.

The double scream lets you stop one cast → party breaks the fear with damage (will happen automatically) → Mob starts to re-cast since they do that now → Second Scream.

Agreed. :weary:

Take Siege of Boralus. On the one hand, some are not describing it fondly. On the other, I M+'d as a Holy Priest during BfA, and it’s so much more pleasant… relatively speaking.

My theory? Honestly… the devs take advantage of the fact that the people who play priests, healers in particular, are probably more even keeled and obliging than DPS classes.

At the end of the day, we have no way to get genuine visibility. I haven’t logged in in close to 3 years until last week. I don’t see any community managers like Tseric or the Candle lady.

It’s silence.

And they know we’ll take it.

1 Like