Dialogues missing in Shadowlands and BFA (text and spoken)

Thanks. Would be great to see a blue post at least acknowledging this is on their radar.

3 Likes

Same problem

3 Likes

Thanks all for express the issue, otherwise Blizz will not give it the urgency it deserves. Please report the bug in game too.

2 Likes

Exactly. Let’s hope this thread and in game tickets get the attention it deserves they address it soon. Thanks for all who have posted so far.

1 Like

I am also having this issue, in the intro to the maw, and with the overseers in Oribos. I submitted a bug report in game as well.

2 Likes

I’m also having the same issue :frowning:

2 Likes

Also reporting the same. Hopefully we can expect a hotfix in the near future.

2 Likes

I’m being optimistic that it will be fixed on Tuesday maintenance. The more reports we can get from players the better!

1 Like

Beyond reporting in-game, I also tagged @WarcraftDevs on Twitter

6 Likes

That’s awesome. Going above and beyond!

1 Like

Same story for me, and my attempts to submit a ticket in-game are met with a Support Window that won’t load.

Perhaps fewer millions to the top end and more to actually having support staff, Activision.

4 Likes

same problem here, the npc cleary gesticulate and the other respond to him, anyone got close to fix it ? i already deleted cache and etc, repair in launcher etc.

1 Like

Most of tried that too. It’s on their end. Started on the 16th I believe. Please submit a ticket if you can.

2 Likes

Posting here, again, to bump, because this is a game-breaking bug for newer/returning players. Something that merits a response under normal circumstances.

5 Likes

yeah, I’m having a really hard time following the story as a returning player ;/

5 Likes

This is still happening for me. I have submitted a ticket but they keep trying to suggest it’s on my end, even though I have reinstalled the game 3 times (also removed all files that stay behind after uninstalling) and wiped all my addons and addon folders. I don’t think enough players actually bother to listen to quest voice lines or read quest text like us, most players just skip quest text/cinematics and voicelines, and that’s why this issue is underreported. I hope they notice this forum post soon. Otherwise this issue is never going to get fixed. I’m holding off questing through the Shadowlands campaign until they fix this.

3 Likes

This is exactly where it was happening for me too! Amongst many other areas, even legion/bfa content. But the Overseers in Oribos and the Maw were the first places I noticed it too.

2 Likes

Hopefully, the more in game tickets and the larger this post gets will make it more difficult to ignore or pass off this problem to just being on the players end. I hope we at least get acknowledgment that this a problem sooner than later.

1 Like

I refused to spend money on Shadowlands but was considering running through it now that it was free. This is not instilling a ton of confidence that Dragonflight is going to turn the game around. Not sure if it is just bad timing, but it is not a good look.

2 Likes

I noticed this happening while doing the Theater of Pain side quests in Maldraxxus during some leveling starting last week. It’s fairly obvious when you do the quest " …Even The Most Ridiculous Request!" where you talk to the first NPC to ask them what they want and then no text or dialogue occurs at all until the extra action button appears to cheer the NPC.

2 Likes