Diablo Immortal banned in China?

I have no idea if this is true or real but if it is, this is a massive fail right? Like ultramassive fail. Wasn’t Diablo Immortal specifically made to cater to the play style that China has? Wasn’t that a big complaint from long time fans about it?

or did I imagine all that? Either way if it’s true it was banned, that’s a huge portion of the market lost to Blizzard, which certainly won’t end well for some scapegoats Blizzard will inevitably sacrifice.

3 Likes

Focus on free nations and kick the tyrants to the curb in my opinion. Their money isn’t worth bending over backwards for.

13 Likes

they should never do business with China to being with. Majorly of the money we gave them goes right to government and suppressed human rights.

11 Likes

I know what I’m about to say is controversial, but I would hardly call USA the gold standard of human rights at the moment, particularly on a lot of women’s issues…

14 Likes

2 Likes

If true, it is a huge kick in the honey pots for Blizz. DI was absolutely created for the Chinese / Asian mobile markets.

It may also be why they are rushing DF out the door - they were banking on the cash influx coming from DI for Q3 / Q4. The whale market for US is probably starting to slow down and most Americans (outside of whales) aren’t going to pay much. I’m guessing they are pushing the DF timeline up in hopes that the China situation is resolved by the time they would / should have launched DF.

2 Likes

There’s no confirmation the game has been banned, just speculation that it may be because of a tweet critical of China’s leader.

I’d probably characterize this less as controversial and more as ignorant, particularly in response to a comment about Chinese human rights. But, hey, any opportunity, eh?

3 Likes

If your referring to the recent supreme court decision than it had nothing to do with human rights but with a dubious decision made prior that it was an issue of privacy which is protected. Its important to note that the supreme court did not ban the big A but rather kicked all decisions to the states. As people are still able to freely travel between states every person in the US will still have the ability to get an A as long as California holds their position that they will still allow it to be legal by simply booking a vacation. Or people can lobby their state governments.

I only bring this up because there is a lot of misinformation about this topic right now.

7 Likes

At the moment

has it ever been?

1 Like

The social media account was supposedly (unconfirmed) banned but there’s no evidence the game itself was.

When there were no humans in America, way back when… then it was a gold standard since no human rights were violated.

Dinosaurs didn’t violate human rights!

:smile:

1 Like

After China limited how long young people could play to 3hrs per week weekend nights only why would any game company keep catering to that market? From what I’ve heard even Chinese game company’s are marketing to consumers outside China now.

4 Likes

Honest opinion: is DI really that bad or do they have micro transactions just like all mobile games?

It’s hard to tell what’s truth and what’s fake rage on these forums.

1 Like

The game has apparently been delayed, not banned. I would imagine they are trying to see if the Weibo tweet in question was a legit Blizzard employee or if the account was spoofed. If its the former the game is probably done for a while. Not just because the government takes a dim view of insults, but the Chinese people do too.

I think the issue lurking in the background though is how the game is monetized. China has been swinging the ban hammer on games that monetize in far less dubious ways than DI does.

And you would be wrong.

1 Like

It just kicked the decision back to the states. You can still get what you need.

People need to chill on this topic and/or do some research outside of FB

6 Likes

From what I understand, the leveling is decent, but at end game, they push too hard in the credit card.

2 Likes

Hahahhaahahahhahhaahahaahahah

Laughs in:

|Egypt|
|Syria|
|Yemen|
|China|
|Iran|
|North Korea|
|Central African Republic|
|Burundi|
|DR Congo|
|Burma|
|Libya|
|Venezuela|
|Eritrea|
|Russia|
|Nigeria|

4 Likes

Hopefully all Blizzards IP’s are banned in China so they have to actually care about NA again.

1 Like

I am not saying those countries are any better

1 Like