Diablo 4 on Game Pass

WOW you’re up soon.

1 Like

How does a subscription-based game work on Game Pass?

You switch it to F2P that’s how.

Diablo IV is a no sub game that wants you to make in game purchases.

Being on gamepass seems right.

3 Likes

So World of Warcraft is not going on Game Pass. Good to know.

4 Likes

So, assuming that the leaked numbers are correct, Blizzard makes around 105,000,000 per month from sub-revenue, which comes to 1,250,000,000 per year.

How much do you think they would have to add to the store to make 1.25 BILLION a year?

No game making that much money is going to go free-to-play…and that’s just from sub revenue. It’s probably much higher when you include pets, mogs, mounts, and services.

1 Like

At least 3

1 Like

I have no idea what the numbers are only Blizz and Microsoft know.

What I do know is that in order to get new gamers to play the game they really don’t have much of a choice.

Today’s generation the majority there is no way in hell that they are going to pay a sub fee to play one game.

Do you think Microsoft is going to cater to the aging gamers that are currently playing?
Highly doubtful.

Anyways continue fighting the good fight but it is inevitable.

An MMO would be a good fit for game pass because it never ends, so neither will your game pass.

D4 went on gamepass before they made it fun, rip $100

Gamepass IS a subscription, so it would be included within that subscription?

WoW would only go to gamepass if more players + more battle pass users outweigh the current subscription model

Which I doubt but who knows

WoW is not coming to game pass anytime soon.

the only way that would actually happen is if it ever got ported to Console, they’d then put the base game on Game Pass so Xbox Players can try it before purchasing a Sub.

and don’t get it twisted, the WoW Sub is NOT going away, like ever. even with Game Pass.

You’ll end up paying both the WoW sub, and Game Pass sub. just like FFXIV.

PC gamepass exists, people. And it would be easy to put it on the gamepass, same way they did LoL and made all the champions free for GP users.

ESO was on the game pass, for example.

The reason why it wont happen, however, is because MS would not want to have two ways to essentially play for free: Tokens via Gold, and Game Pass via MS Rewards. (I can actually buy a month of GP right now with my MS rewards.)

WoW on game pass would cost more than the current sub. It would also give you access to thousands of games, so it’s worth paying the added $2-3 a month.

GP announcement for WoW would bring me to my knees in prayer as I thank Allah for this wonderful blessing.

I’m aware.

I just don’t believe that Microsoft will ever put WoW on Gamepass, PC or otherwise.

WoW on Gamepass, you would still have to pay the full regular sub, it wouldn’t be folded into the GP price.

You’d be paying for both Gamepass, AND the WoW sub, full price for both, separately. That’s how it is currently working for FFXIV, and that’s how it would work for WoW.

1 Like

For console

I don’t care what console babies are doing.

Microsoft has put emphasis on increasing GamePass numbers (subscriptions), seemingly with not much regard to short-term profit.

Offering a free WoW subscription to GamePass subscribers would probably make sense. It would increase GP subscriber numbers (players who formerly only paid for the WoW subscription) and more people would try out WoW – and subsequently buy cosmetics from the store or at least stay subscribed longer than they might otherwise (more people playing, especially when there’s not much new content).

I don’t know how much overlap there is between people who currently have both a WoW subscription and also a GamePass subscription, but I doubt it’s a large group.

This. They tried ESO PC on game pass and it didn’t work. They pulled it.

1 Like

that’s cute.

doesn’t change anything I’ve said though.

If WoW was put on any version of Game Pass, you would STILL have to pay the full Sub for it, in addition to the Game Pass sub.

Guaranteed.