DH Tanking Question

So I had talked to a DH tank a few months ago he was tanking for me and he said that he loved tanking dh because he can use mostly the same gear for tanking as he did for dps just wondering if that is true?

Can DH use the same armor? Or are we like others where we have to have 2 sets of gear just a question i have tanked some heroics. And I was keeping armor for tanking and different armor for dps. So again sorry for the noob question but I haven’t tanked much as a DH mostly dps and I want to tank and eventually get into M+.

dh veng can share gear with havoc ez. both need a fair amount of haste and verse and both specs uses dark glare boon as the to go lego. if anything you use different trinks so veng can be squishy if your starting out. but you can easily swap to dps oriented trinkets in 15’s if you know what your doing

Hey there, fellow Vengeance enthusiast!

It is true you can use just about all the same gear as Havoc as you can for Vengeance! I will add that just about every slot is going to have haste/vers as your stats. If you are going to tank, I suggest getting your 4 piece tier as soon as possible from the creation catalyst and going from there. When you get to a point where gear dropping from m+ does not matter anymore, you will more than likely have 2 sets anyways because of sims, like for example my havoc set is not the same as my vengeance one anymore since I now mainly run crit/haste for havoc and haste/vers for vengeance.

For legendaries, it might be beneficial starting out with Razelikh’s Defilement on bracers and Unity on your belt until you get your 4 piece tier, and then swap to Darkglare Medallion on your necklace and keep Unity on your belt.

I am also going to link the wowhead vengeance demon hunter guide. It is filled with a lot of information written by Itamae, a very knowledgeable tank. I will also share a link to the demon hunter discord, The Fel Hammer, that is full of helpful people you can ask questions with.

If you have specific questions or do not feel comfortable asking in the discord, feel free to message me on bnet (Soulre#1113) or discord (Solre#7260).

1 Like

Thank you I been looking at wowhead and icy-veins. With this said i am coming back into this patch so all of this stuff is new I just got flying a few days ago in the new zone.

probs dont ever make Razelikh’s Defilement. It is for the extremely high end players only as it enables more tank damage output to they can kite more effectively.

Darkglare Boon is the go to if you’re looking for simple gameplay that you dont have to worry about min-maxing. Fiery Soul will allow you to be more tanky more frequently if you are playing the Burning Alive talent, but imho you are going to start running into agro issues if you’re playing with high performing DPS. and you will frequently have to balance between Spirit Bomb and Soul Cleave to ensure that you are getting the CDR on Fiery Brand while not overcapping souls from Fracture.