DF World Content has a serious flaw

Then you’ve either not been doing much world content or gotten very lucky. A simple search on GD will show various rage posts about sharding screwing people over. I’ve had it happen to me many times during DF and it’s extremely frustrating when it does. Did you even do the storm event? The sharding there was hilariously bad. You had about a 50/50 chance of getting sharded mid-boss fight. And that was just one example. Remember the storm chest events? Yea… There are many examples.

The reason why sharding has affected DF more than any other expac that came before is because the amount of world content in DF is far more than in any expac that came before. And sharding hits world content. It doesn’t hit instanced content. At least as far as I know.

1 Like

It is pretty common when doing community feast for example that you are ported away from the instance you are in.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

There’s now a long delay at the end of the soup event between when tasks stop being given out and the soup/elemental is available.

It’s very easy to be tricked into thinking one has been resharded away when one actually hasn’t been.

1 Like

There were enough Legion world quests with a variety of rewards so you could choose to do the ones whose rewards you wanted. Also, gear from Legion world quests was good. You can see by looking at the map that there are still Legion world quests that give gear, but the ilvl they give is 50, which is utter trash after multiple stat squishes. The intent is for the gear to be worth a few silver, making the quest rewards completely useless. Only a small number of dungeon world quests give gear that is Legion mythic level (141), and these quests can’t be done by a 45. So again, now useless.

1 Like

The world content is great in my opinion, plenty of variety. Of course the experience will change per person, depending on what you opt out of doing.

I will agree with the issue of sharding, though. Hopefully they find a way to stabilize it a bit - it can be a bit annoying to be thrown into another shard without warning. Maybe offer the player a choice, with a buff benefit, like GW2 does? Not sure, that may cause other issues.

1 Like

I liked the Time Rifts for awhile and Fyrakk Assaults are kind of interesting and both feel kind of like the old daily/weekly hub zones. But after doing them enough times they become very boring again and again for me at least.

For me world quests have been pretty hit or miss. At times I’ve enjoyed them somewhat like in Mechagon, Nazjitar, or Broken Shore, and somewhat in the Maw even for a bit. I haven’t enjoyed the Primal Storms at all for the most part, Dreamsurges, and was meh about the artifact hunt event stuff. Forbidden Reach had some cool rares at least and interesting stuff to do and was a good middle ground imo but they stopped doing this early on.

But as for phasing I’ve had issues with that going as far back as WoD from what I remember. Have noticed the phasing tech get wonky at times as well but I’m not super upset about it either as again I’m not very into the content.

1 Like

of course i’m not, because the openworld content in DF is boring, tedious, and unrewarding. that’s the primary reason it sucks, not because of sharding issues.

1 Like

So what you are saying is it’s working as intended to get people like you to give up world content.

1 Like

no, it’s making players like me unsub. and i’m pretty sure that’s not what they intended.

4 Likes

Unsubbing is just another way to give up world content. I think they were hoping that people who found world content unrewarding would look to higher difficulty content for better rewards.

1 Like

As a player of MMORPGS since eq1 and SWG this really is disappointing to read because I know that many players have this mind set and the content for me in MMORPGS is being out in the world. Running around finding stuff, getting into sticky situations and less about how fast can we run X, to get to Y to get Z and be done with this patch.

My biggest gripe with WOW over the years is how much stuff is thrown into instances, phasing, and generally just from other players that were shuffled with in a queue system. I believe it is the main reason why I can’t really stick around with retail that long anymore come new patch/expansions and majority of my time is on classic servers.

3 Likes

My biggest issue with world content is how everything is scheduled to happen at, like, the same time.

9 Likes

It is probably good that the war within is removing world quests, world rares, and other unused content and streamlining all gear to M+ where the majority of players voted for and want to see the content improve.

I am an old school MMORPG player and world content is my jam. EQ. AC, Lineage, etc.

:man_surfing: :surfing_woman:

1 Like

My first MMO was DAoC and just being in a shared online world was incredible.

I had a great time in vanilla and classic in the world.

What retail has become in terms leveling and the world though is just super boring. I’m not sure what the fix is, but it’s really boring toothless content that tries to put me to sleep.

I’m just glad I’ve enjoyed the DF dungeons and raids.

The game outside of raids, dungeons and pvp is irrelevant, and even then, it’s only the “seasonal” content that’s relevant.

In my opinion, this is the worst thing about wow. Not enough content variety, even within the content that it excels at you still don’t have variety.

No, 8 dungeons a season and a raid is not “good variety of content”.

1 Like

Nah, You said that donʻt do it so how would you even know?

In the beginning -
Its varied, not the same thing every quest, often takes little time to do (Dragonflying to the area usually takes longer than the actual quest), and the rewards can be very lucrative for your character.
Near the end -
At this point (for me) Itʻs more of a grind, I am doing the quests purely for the reputation. Rarely are any of the physical rewards better than anything Iʻve already got. I didnʻt buy the boost so i get no “Free lvl 20 rep” Iʻm still slowly grinding them out quest by quest.

And yes Sharding is bad :frowning: Boo! sharding

1 Like

That’s the point I was getting at with my post, and the fact that Blizz will require the 3 that are for a given patch for the weekly. If you are a player that only plays 1-2 hours a night, you will only get one done, which basically means 3 nights to complete on one character, so if you want to work on more that 2, good luck.

1 Like

i don’t do it NOW. i tried all of it. some of it many times. and i didn’t enjoy any of it.

1 Like

If this is true about half of ppl playing are going to leave . There is a lot of us that do not do M+ . Not sure where you get majority of players voted for but thats not true .

3 Likes