DF Survivability (all specs)?

Just got shaman to 60 and have messed around with all specs. Currently 240ilvl and I love the look, sound and playstyle. I really like the idea of it becoming my main or my main alt.

What I don’t like and its been a major issue so far is how fast I go splat. Testing on the same stuff I found I can face roll (3 buttons only) my equally geared fury war on things that my Shaman will need cooldowns to kill. No downtime and no risk of death.

My poorly geared unholy DK is slightly harder than war but not much and my really bad fresh to 60 Paladin can basically do the exact same stuff my Shaman can but with 70 less ilvls… and I wont go into what I can pull off on Monk.

Just hoping shaman gets some love for DF.

1 Like

Get used to going splat. It doesn’t get any less splat-able

3 Likes

Shaman survivability in DF boils down to poorly designed, overtuned healing surges which have been implemented as a bandaid fix to the class having no real defensive capability. So if you can pick up all the healing surge modifiers in the class tree, spec tree, and pvp talent, and if the opponent lets you cast them, then you can have an ok time surviving until you go oom. During stuns, however, you can just prepare to go splat.

Alternatively, if you enjoy playing shaman, I would suggest you play WOTLK instead where your shaman automatically walls itself during any stun silence or fear. You also passively have 50-55% damage reduction from armor (an extremely high value stat in WOTLK that screws over all melee classes INCLUDING dk pally).

2 Likes

So uh what finally pushed me to play Shaman on retail is leveling my shaman on TBC/wotlk pre patch… silly me I guess.

1 Like

I had the same question as OP. I really liked the idea of ranged, melee and heals instead of just melee dps (I don’t tank, it’s better for everyone that way). But the extreme squishiness is turn off. Oh well, stick with Warrior I suppose.