DF Feedback because I know no one is reading every reply

Shadow:

I love to see hungering void and ancient madness together. That’s amazing

I also love how each track is separated with a main play style, and defensives at the top making it very cool to mess around with.

Cons

• You could be capped on insanity THE WHOLE TIME as Devouring Plague is one spender of insanity now that it is not stack or timed base.

• The other spender is of course we “all love” (god awful) searing nightmare.

So quite literally, you could never spend any insanity as a shadow priest… why is the resource there if the spells of the resource REQUIRED IN A CLASS to use them, are talents?

As far as apparitions/DOT play style… okay, I see it but if people are obsessed with dots, play affliction warlock. that class was designed for it?

However there could be some joy IF the old (BFA) mastery was a thing, psych link, and dot + aoe thru mind blast play style. that way could be enjoyable.

Because the current mastery feels clunky, for me at least. I could see how you dot everything and have a main kill tgt! Therefore the current mastery would work better. But then you would need DP on the MT to even benefit from psych link + your mastery.

(old mastery Shadow Priest’s Mastery: Madness increases the damage dealt by your Void Eruption, Mind Sear, Mind Flay, Mind Blast, Void Bolt, Vampiric Touch, and Shadow Word: Pain.)

I personally intend on throwing my few dots on everything and letting my spookies and things from the void do my bidding.

Unfurling darkness is dumb and how could anyone track that buff procing. Perhaps after x amount of tgts then…? That sounds a bit more better to control and time. It’s okay I gotta sit and cast, tgt, insta cast, sit and cast… and it’d be okay if it was every other, but it’s not and it’s every 15 seconds + the next one.

Also damnation is dumb, because it casts DP but it doesn’t summon any apparitions? You lose out on AOE from apparitions because we lack in dots?

Shadow crash is dumb too, it was only cool when it applied shadow word pain, but y’all ruined AOE, so I’m not sure what to do with that there lol.

Vampiric embrace used to be a single tgt dot, what happened to that? I would love to play around with San’lyn.

• Either way I think it’d be cool to have a shadow slight healer class that did mediocre dmg but healed less than most healers through vampiric embrace. imo would just make things more interesting. But that’s not there, and I can just go play disc!

I loved shadow priest because the old void form was a race and a very fun one. I had minimal dots but and they were good for longer AOE fights (because void bolt used to extend them), and the ramp was fun and it balanced the downtime.

You suck then you race then you do good, then you suck again, only to be good. :slight_smile:

Just like life?

Anyway,
I loved when shadow was good single tgt and aoe.
Not amazing in one or the other, or purposefully told they could only do one or the other.

I also could see why the apparition change of every shadow word pain crit would proc it, that maybe a bit too OP. But the spells right now and talents that work with the new proc, don’t even work. Example is Damnation. Unfurling darkness would be nice if it proc’d apparitions or something else with it. Then it would be worth effort to track.

I personally would sacrifice lower single tgt for AOE and vice versa in classes.

The game and classes are ruined when you try to add everything to everything.

You do not have to cater to a certain play style, when there is other ones out there that both come with pros and cons, that the PLAYER must decide. If they can’t then don’t play.

Which is what I intend to do and benched shadow and maybe won’t even play DF at this point.

And that’s okay! I’d rather others have fun if this is what they want, but this is my feedback. :slight_smile: