DF Affliction build w/out awful Malefic Rapture

I despise MR and the way it’s ruined affliction. As a result, I’m trying to make a build that excludes it entirely. Not sure if that’s feasible or how this would actually net out, but here’s what I came up with:

Also, I wrote this up but no one has replied so I’m sad. My dream for affliction

1 Like

Bottom thing bout other thread is weird, the build in the DF talent calc is alright. You can’t actually exclude it, unfortunately, as it’s the first thing you’re forced to take.

What you can, however, do is swap in things or take other things that you think will do as much or more damage as MR to occupy your time with so you don’t have to MR as much.

might be better for you, if it displays the things I changed around. This is more or seems/might be more akin to a ST DS spammy build.

Interesting.

In the build I made the intent was to have Deathbolt be the spender, basically ignoring MR entirely, using it only when DB is on cooldown or when you have 4 soul shards to try and proc the Death Dealer talent.

This one could also prob work, as again it’s another DS mainly build kinda thing but I think taking points out of DB and putting them into the Haunt side would give more Drain Soul damage since Drain Soul is, in fact, a DoT so that should actually buff it’s damage by 20% as well, giving you even more buffs into Drain Soul spam.

Again, though, no clue on how it actually performs, the intent here is just use Soul Swap to get all DoTs up to give more time spending channeling Drain Soul for WB damage, along with using MR to keep the MW buff up for more DS damage just like on live now.

A single target build without malefic wrath is going to be fall way behind.