Devs update with refusal to pull the ripcord

Thinking Blizzard would make any major system changes after entering beta was foolish. They want live game data to further their decision making at this point.

1 Like

It is foolish to trust Blizzard to listen to anything the players say.

9 Likes

It won’t affect me at all so you’re simply wrong.

1 Like

No, they listen to the players too often, frankly. Player feedback drives a lot of changes in the game and always has been. Just because your feedback isn’t the one they’re going with doesn’t mean they’re not listening to other players.

16 Likes

It’s almost like there are two different camps of players and no way to compromise without negatively effecting the others experience :thinking:

2 Likes

Ah forgive me. You don’t care and will be unaffected either way. That’s great. Good for you.

1 Like

"In designing this system, we’ve done what we can to minimize the burden of regret. "

That’s not entirely optimistic. There will be a new beta build in 1 week to see what the differences are. I still don’t see how they’re going to make one covenant less appealing for some content than another.

2 Likes

I think the annoying this is you can swap them at will

Yet everyone alive just wants to stay in one and not hop between them all

I don’t see why they can’t just make it that we can borrow power from the other covenants (you know because we are the maw walker and they’re all allies?) so you get the ability that doesn’t suck

You still get all the cosmetics rewards, you still get your quests from your local hub you still get the stupid weekly no one wants to really do every week

10 Likes

I mean, opening them up does nothing to negatively affect anyone’s experience. If you want to stay with what you’ve got, don’t swap.

People are still gonna min-max within the confines of a trash system, this isn’t the equalizing silver bullet you’re looking for :wink:

4 Likes

Except pulling the ripcord wouldn’t have affected anyone negatively. At all.

8 Likes

You aren’t allies , you have to pick a covenant , you betray the covenant you leave. Maw Walker is literally 'cause you went to the Maw and left and can go back again, the name itself speaks volumes. No other person can do that there.

It may get changed at some point but people were delusional thinking it was going to happen before launch.

People were hopeful because Ion said in an interview that they had a ripcord in place to pull in case covenants didn’t pan out. Now we find out that ripcord was just a bald face lie. Just frustrating is all.

3 Likes

When all the raids happen, and you get to the Jailer one, I wouldn’t be surprised if they say something like, ‘‘Now that we vanquished Sire Denathrius, and the Jailer is still growing stronger, we must band together to fight him head on… collect 10 souls to be able to unlock all covenants abilities’’ lol

3 Likes

I’ll hold my tongue till I see how their balancing plays out (as mentioned a paragraph or two after what OP posted)…

Not 100% convinced, but the explanation makes sense to me, even if I don’t fully agree. It is their game to make or break. But balance is essential… just hope they do it before it goes live and no-one gets screwed by nerfs…

4 Likes

So I’m some super unique dude that all the covenants love because I’m single handled saving them in their joint quest to save the shadow lands from the jailer and for some reason, my player character once again is the chosen one and the covenants will be fighting over me like devoiced parents at Christmas

Wonderful

5 Likes

Not a lie. It’s probably a feature switch they included. They just want to see how bad the complaints are before flipping the switch.

Betas are usually a good indication of that though. Too much is put into the differences between elite players and casual players. We are mostly the same.

Edit:

No I was wrong.

“Granting access to one of these without the others would lead to an incomplete or confusing result. In short, pulling on that thread (or cord, as it were) would unravel the entire fabric of the system. Even so, we would embrace the work required to rebuild the covenant system along those lines if we agreed that it would be an improvement, but we ultimately do not share that view.”

It looks like they decided not to put it in at all.

1 Like

I know he said that but he NEVER said ANYTHING about doing it before launch.

1 Like

Sounds like WoW to me (lol)

It effects my RPG experience and will make me have to do extra work constantly chasing the best covenant for X. Maybe don’t speak for everyone in the future.

5 Likes