Devs gone radio silent since WOTLK launch?

If so, I think a lot of them might be getting screened out because I haven’t seen any blue posts since Classic’s flagship product, WOTLK, was released yesterday.

What’s going on? How difficult is it for a blue post saying “We’re working on it guys!”

By the way, I have a lot of respect for the developers including Kaivax, and I’m more concerned that their blue posts are being prevented or limited by other factors.

To anyone limiting Kaivax or similar dev blue posts, please stop limiting him and let them talk to us.

5 Likes

They fear the customers whose reception of the game they depend on. It’s weird

1 Like

Maybe. I’d rather believe it was because they’re being limited from communicating than the depressing thought that Kaivax doesn’t care about us.

I don’t believe that though, I do think he’s trying his best with what he has. Just like the rest of the dev team that is unfairly not given sufficient resources and thus caused this mismanagement of Classic.

I mean, that’s what I think personally. I would love if a dev could give his thoughts. Maybe their Community Council is more important than the Plebian threads. Who knows.

I can’t speak for Kaivax, but I do know the more vocal, passionate, and connected CMs that were beloved by the community have either been fired or quit and gone on to greener pastures. The one I’m thinking of is Ythisens, and his firing left a really bad taste in the mouth of the community, since he was pretty much the only one communicating with the player base after years of radio silence.

Blizzard doesn’t care. Most of the CMs avoid this place, but also don’t seem to care much, either. I figure those that do care (or did) have been stifled by Blizzard.

4 Likes

Guys they’re a small indie gaming company with 25+ years in the industry, cut them some slack!

4 Likes

It’s not that they intentionally avoid this place, they could the forum’s biggest lurker. Kaivax’s existing posts are always well made and come from a place of honesty, so it’s strange the CMs would ignore us and then talk happily with us.

Secondly, there is definitely random huge spikes in CM activity like in the prepatch… then silence…

The cycle must be broken.

What I meant was Blizzard management fearing communication with us, and asking community engagement team members like Kaivax to limit communication like you said. That’s definitely the case, it’s out of character for Kaivax to not engage with us and they had to have been told not to until the launch stuff cools down.

It’s just terrible management decisions

1 Like

I’d guess that they haven’t given him any info to post.

1 Like

Not trying to give you homework but where did you read this? it would be great to read if there’s an article or proof about it somewhere.

That is even more depressing thought, oh woe is me. And you too. Woe is all…

Honestly, just an acknowledgement of the current problems WHILE they are happening would be nice.

1 Like

I may be being a bit doom and gloom, but honestly it wouldn’t surprise me… which is probably telling in itself.

1 Like

I think that’s’ the biggest reason why the radio silence. When they have these acknowledgement, such as for Angerforge problems on one thread (Last blue post I’ve seen by kaivax)

Then it gets attacked by hundreds and thousands of people saying “GIVE ME RDF!” and other nonsense, when the thread Kaivax is replying to isn’t about RDF.

Kaivax or CM, if this is the problem, give me a sign. Shanxi is a navigator.

1 Like

From a profit standpoint they probably don’t NEED to address any of the current issues. They know people will cry and moan but still play the game regardless. Unless their profits go down dramatically they don’t care.

Obviously I can’t SPEAK for anyone that works at blizzard but this is the IMPRESSION that they are giving off.

there is a thread of blue post in the CC forums about this. Ignoring the answer and communication because you don’t like the answer is not the same as not getting an answer.

This thought probably explains every “Social Media Manager” of any corporation, to be honest.

2 Likes

Last update was yesterday btw. Check the blueposts.

If I wanted to make a thread about customer service staff, I would. Talking about community managers in charge of communication in Classic Discussion + more, all of that is part of CM job as far as I know.

full of blue walls of text

this game is called “world of warcraft wrath of the queue king” is just another mega failure like warcraft 3 refunded. they did the same, hide their heads on bobby boat

1 Like

they probably took PTO after crunching to launch WOTLK.

1 Like