Devos Bugged

Then show me more recent examples. Then ill shut up.

1 Like

Feel free to just shut up now.

Well heres the thing, I dont need to. Neither do you. Yet you keep coming back knowing I will too. Quiet a predicament.

I appreciate your words and I think it goes both ways. There is not enough evidence to point it in either direction. 1 video isnt enough to make either claim, I can agree to that at most. Like you said, only Blizzard knows the objective truth through data.

1 Like

Ah, so is it latency based? I am living in the Philippines right now and play with people from NY on an LA server. Ping is around 235ms generally.

I obviously know to wait for her to move and stop before I toss the spear right at her chest, and it still misses sometimes. I need to remember to turn on Shadowplay next time I do Spires but it looks very similar to the clip up above - I really dislike that people assume it is a user error or that I do not know to wait for her to move and then stop before throwing.

Seems like her hitbox is too small or just inaccurate if it is due to latency. There is no way she has started to move again before I throw the spearā€¦ I just do not get it.

Yeah youā€™ll absolutely get this if youā€™re playing with 235ms latency. I am playing with 130ms (thailand to Oceanic server) and Iā€™m getting it.

Hereā€™s the thing. If latency is causing the spear to miss, this is a badly designed and badly tested mechanic. It also adds nothing to the game play, its not fun, there is no ā€œskillā€ involved, and it becomes a mechanic that people dont want to do because its so unreliable. Its depleted keys for me and losing to game elements completely out of your control is extremely frustrating. This should be an automatic hitā€¦ every single time. As long as you pick up the orbs to access the spear and someone clicks it that should be it.

Stupid mech adds nothing game play wise so why is it even here?

3 Likes

I just had it happen yesterday, but you probably wonā€™t take my word for it and say itā€™s a user error because Iā€™m not posting a video.

To which Iā€™ll reply, get your head out of your butt and accept this has been bugged since release and they never fixed it.

(For context I play in Senā€™Jin with 160ms to 220ms since Iā€™m from South America)

We had an evolution of the issue this last week. One of the angels that is supposed to fly up and do battle with the foresworn bugged and just stayed floating nearly in front of the spear platform. The spear reticle was catching on that angel, and any spears thrown through the angel would fail to register on the boss even if they nailed her center mass (even on other peoplesā€™ screens, which negates the latency argument, since that involves two round-trips to the server).

This also happens with the bubble the friendly kyrian casts, which is why they made her cast the bubble further back from the spear now.

All in all itā€™s a terribly designed fight and bugs are the cause of failure more often than not.

1 Like

I just want to bump this thread because this damn boss is still bugged af and it doesnā€™t matter where we aim the spear sometimes. Iā€™ve watched replays of my group, sometimes even myself, hitting the spear in the center of her chest or even her head and she just ignores it completely.

Tonight my group brought all the orbs and her spear at the base was totally unclickable by me, the paladin and hunter all trying. yaaaaay we all died.

Devosā€™ fight seriously needs to be reworked if this clunky spear canā€™t be properly fixed.

I believe you.

I still donā€™t understand why only certain people come across this issue though, and multiple times at that. I have run this place a total of 57 times, throwing the spear every time and have never run into this issue.

I know latency was a theory, but I have run with people from Frostmourne which is OCE and my ping was 150-250 during those runs.

I have always waited for her to move, and have never missed. Idk.

1 Like

This was a bug? I honestly didnā€™t know it was a bug. A while back I did this on 15 and used bubble taunt to help out the healer and instead it nearly cost us the key, so I chalked it up to never bubble taunt there again lol.

Good thing to know itā€™s bubble taunt-able now!

1 Like

might want to be more clear.

Iā€™ve never seen devos bug, and iā€™ve ran hundred of mythic on 3 different toon now.

Videos of the bug are posted in this thread. Now youā€™ve seen it, youā€™re welcome.

4 Likes

ā€œIā€™ve not personally witnessed it, therefore it doesnā€™t exist and all of you are lying.ā€

2 Likes

I can confirm, as of yesterday, that this is indeed a problem. I did a Spires key and ā€œmissedā€ the spear twice. Iā€™ve never missed the spear previously. Thankfully, it was only a 5 so we were able to recover and time the key. But, without a doubt this will kill high keys if itā€™s not fixed.

I missed a +11 by 20 seconds because of this. So frustrating. So dumb,

1 Like