Devos Bugged

Watch the videos of this actually happening before ignorantly shooting your mouth off.

If you have high latency it doesn’t matter if you wait or not. Devos is not where she appears to be. All the videos of this bug involve Oceanic/US/LA cross server groups.

And you are trolling if you’re telling people that there’s no bug just because you haven’t experienced it yourself. The bug is well documented.

Worth noting, this isn’t just an issue for the spear to phase her. Her hitbox is also incredibly unreliable for the spears for the achievement. Around 50% of the time, we’d nail her right in the chest with the spears, and it would even sometimes register the damage, but not apply the “tracker” debuff stack to her for it. Eventually, we just got fed up with wiping to try again and killed her, and despite her only having 3 stacks of the tracker debuff, it counted because we had actually nailed all 5 spears.

So ya, definitely something highly fishy about her hitbox and those spears. This mechanic needs either some serious TLC to make it more reliable, or a straight rework to make it less janky.

This has happened to me and my guildies a lot of times. Just an hour ago we arrived at the last boss with more than eight minutes to spare in a plus 8 mythic key, and the bug happened TWICE. Blizzard please do something, this is incredibly frustrating.

Whos the ingorant one. Like I said originally it is a server/client desync. The boss “moved” server side, but has not yet moved client side. The fact that it is only happening for high ping players is a big indicator. It could be someone form OCE joining a NA server group or vice versa.

If you ever played a FPS like counter strike you know about latency and how that changes where the hit box is for you vs the server.

With high ping you need to either wait for her to move AND stop before throwing the spear. Or not pick up the spear.

The video I linked literally shows the spear operator doing exactly that and the spear still fails.

Go watch the video and cease with the drivel.

Or not pick up the spear.

Not being able to perform dungeon mechanics because of cross realm grouping is not an option. You’re just trolling at this point.

You seem to not understand how desyncs work. To the client, which is the player, the boss is standing still. On the server side the boss is already on the move. The video I saw someone post showed that the spear was thrown and the boss moved shortly after. Meaning the boss was already moving a couple seconds beforehand on the SERVER end even though it looked like the boss was standing still on the CLIENT end. People with high ping or cross realm can do this as many people have done successfully by waiting patiently for the boss to move and stop before throwing. I run with pugs exclusively and frequently with OCE servers and have never had this “bug” in all of my runs which is more then a few. If it was a real bug it would present it self to more people rather than happening only to the same people doing the same mistake multiple times.

just flagging you at this point, can’t be bothered

The video of this bug occurring has been posted multiple times in this thread and you’re refusing to watch it and still telling people to git gud.

I did watch it and I am not just saying to get good. I gave specific instructions to wait for her to move and stop before throwing. You keep referencing the video, but again all that shows is the CLIENT side. You really cant comprehend desync. The perosn recording sees the boss staying still, but on the servers end the boss is not there.

Which is exactly what they did in the video.

You really cant comprehend desync.

I comprehend it just fine. What you are proposing doesn’t work, the video clearly shows that, just jog on.

Video here again for anyone who isn’t a troll and wants to see the bug in action

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kx7KkahqEj0&ab_channel=Gretel

A bug would happen to all players more evenly, not just high latency players. The fact that this is happening overwhelmingly to the same people and multiple times at that, shows otherwise. This is a desync issue. You can feel free to jog off. Multiple people have shared in this thread and others that waiting works.

No, it’s just you that has shared that factually incorrect tip. The video posted immediately above proves you wrong.

Dude, I was with you at the beginning of the thread. I haven’t seen it bug, I’ve done it a bunch of times and I’ve played with a some players who would cry bug at the first opportunity.

But the evidence is clear, you were wrong and you’re trying to reframe a false statement to make it look like you weren’t wrong.

If the evidence provided doesn’t convince you that something isn’t right, you’re just being a dick.

3 Likes

Think what you want. It is telling that the same video is being shared to signify the bug, which was posted over a month ago. I did a breif search on youtube and found 1 other video, also from a month ago. Wouldnt you think if it was a big prevalent bug, there would be more evidence? The same evidence being presented multiiple times does not make it a stronger case. If the bug was happening all the time across the board, there would be more recent examples. It may have been a bug a month ago, but with the lack of current evidence it is no longer. Currently, with high ping or otherwise, waiting to throw is the solution.

The only “evidence” is the same video being reposted from a month ago. It could have been a bug back then. If it was still a true bug and not a lag issue then more people would be uploading it.

This is the truth in your post.

This the manure. You have zero insight into how many times this is happening. If this is a relatively infrequent occurrence you have to map that against the number of times that it was being captured, and caught on said capture, as I’m sure there are tons of times stuff gets missed because the camera was pointed at something else.

Dismissing it because YOU haven’t encountered it, or because YOU don’t think it’s as big a problem as other people is not cool.

You can be skeptical, but you aren’t in a position to dismiss the evidence. You are not an authority, you have no access to the evidence necessary to dismiss this claim and all you’ve done is be a dick to people who are frustrated and don’t want to have to suffer this issue anymore.

I havnt been a dick to anyone besides having discourse with one other person. I never started by called anyone names, but somehow been on the receiving end from you and the other.

I never said or implied that just because I didnt experience it, it doesnt exist. My words said that there would be more recent examples of evidence from others of it happening. Not just a couple videos posted a month ago. People have Nvidia which can capture the last 5-10 minutes of gameplay even if you don’t actively choose to record. I get that not everyone is recording content, but with the hundreds of thousands of players, there would be more recent evidence. Having a disagreement is not being a dick. Learn to have discourse or a disagreement without making personal attacks.

Continuing to ignore the evidence and continuing to claim that waiting for her to stop moving is a solution, in the face of direct evidence showing that to be false, is being a dick.

You’re basically saying that this bug doesn’t exist and that people are just doing it wrong, despite me repeatedly linking video evidence to the contrary.

Like I said that one video was from a month ago. It may have been a bug but there is no recent videos showing the same thing. I saw you post in the other thread on this issue where the majority is also saying what I am saying.

You and other people not knowing about the bug doesn’t mean the bug doesn’t exist. Most people don’t have to play with high latency so it doesn’t affect them.

You didn’t know about the bug before, now you do. FFS stop pretending it’s been fixed. It hasn’t.