Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

I’M SO HAPPY, THIS IS AN AMAZING CHANGE!

I’m so thankful that the World of Warcraft community is coming together. Orcs & Humans can finally be friends :smiley:

19 Likes

WOW i was not expecting this. This is great news i will be able to play with my friend that are horde faction since my heart is with the alliance! WOW :o Some great change are coming :3 Is microsoft buying activison have something to do with it lol?

3 Likes

Nerf shadowmeld.

1 Like

Baby steps, I’ll take some baby steps right now. Cross faction guilds tho Blizzard LETS GOOOOO

39 Likes

Fantastic change!! My only concern as an alliance mythic raider is that this won’t make it any easier to recruit. We’re still not able to recruit from 2/3 of the players and have until cross relm opens up to raid with cross faction friends.

99% of the way there but please please address guilds not being able to recruit cross faction

23 Likes

This is great, i love this. No point in splitting playerbase in 2022. RP servers can do their own thing and keep to the faction thing. Everyone else can enjoy faster queues and more people to play with.

4 Likes

RBGs wont change, will they?

The guild thing makes it so you can’t cross-faction raid till HoF is filled (Which notably takes a bit).

For players that care about that, this actually just means that you should probably go Horde cause you can play with friends from alliance and have more players to guild with on Horde.

Surely this is not intended on how the change is supposed to go and it doesn’t free me or others in the same situation to actually play in the faction they want to

8 Likes

It is the first step, the testing ground per-say. Patience, that will come in time

1 Like

i don’t believe thats correct. faction balance is a big issue in both randoms and epics. alliance have taken randoms and horde has taken epics. cross faction play doesn’t have to be random, but grouping and queueing should certainly be allowed.

1 Like

Thanks for this! It’s a step in the right direction!

3 Likes

Never give up Spaartan :smiley:

unrated pvp can already bypass the faction barrier.

Arena’s already fight HvH and bgs you have mercenary mode.

I am exceptionally excited about this change, and very pleased! I say that as a founder of a RP-PvP guild who has engaged in a lot of World PvP and faction conflict. I LOVE that I will be able to opt-in to cooperating with people on the other faction, and would love to see that feature expanded further! I honestly feared we’d never see it. Thanks for all the hard work that went into making this possible! <3

3 Likes

Posing in an epic thread. Based microsoft.

Imgur

They’re about to become fully accessible. : )

Keeping factions separate for guilds is a bad idea. Give players the option to choose if they want a cross faction guild or not. While this is a step in the right direction Limiting cross faction guilds will still hinder Alliance to a large degree. Its easier to keep track of everyone when there in a guild together also easier for people to socialize when they otherwise may not.

We have things like discord and what not yes but WoW should not be actively trying to make me rely more on outside tools to manage raid grps.

44 Likes

It truly seems these past few months have been an inflection point in the direction of WoW. This is incredible news and gives me great hope for the future.

1 Like

I’ve tended to be against this over the years, but I think it could let players choose the faction they really want to play instead of the faction that simply has the best chance to do end game PVP/PVE content. So… it will be interesting and odd at first to say the least!

People not laughing at the joke is a small price to pay for being first.