Development Preview: Cross-Faction Instances

Oh JHC there is no way this is the council’s doing. People have been begging for this for years. Let’s not even go there.

2 Likes

I can’t, I’m physically incapable of being that petty.

Dwarf: Never thought I’d be fighting side by side with a Blood Elf.

Blood Elf: Then how about a friend?

Dwarf: Aye, I could do that

11 Likes

Now all we need to do next is open up mythic raiding even more. Cross realm mythic from the start or the moment world first race comes to an end at the latest, and make it so you can do multiple instances of mythic raiding with different groups like how you can do so with normal and heroic raiding.

I don’t mean the scaling, keep it at 20. Just let other players join any lockout and every lockout they want, regardless of whether they have their own lockout or not.

Anywho, this is amazing! WOOO!!!

2 Likes

So excited to hear this! Awesome news!

I’ve already made a post on the CC forum about this, and that was one of my questions.

My early assumption is that they want to test this out before expanding to guilds, but I sincerely hope it does get expanded

6 Likes

Only way I could see players accepting cross-faction BG matchmaking is if there were an opt-out.

Some players enjoy playing their chosen race for the racial, passives, looks/transmog, etc so if you took that away from them with “mandatory” or “automatic” cross-faction BG teams I can see those players being upset over the lack of choice/opt-out.

A good move, but are min/max groups going to take alliance players?

Now all we need are cross faction guilds. Too many times have i’ve seen raid guilds swap off to the other faction and leave raiders behind, but hey, at least this is a start. Now if they do faction swap, they can still raid with that person that refuses to faction swap!

8 Likes

Wrong, I can now make Draenei/Tauren only groups. The takeover begins, NOW

Also, idc what folks do with their guilds. I just want to do the merc guild I’ve always wanted to make with a xfaction guild. Folks can make their pampered petite elf guild if they want. They already do.

4 Likes

This is a good change!

Some people like to do a little more challenging content than just get KSM and in order to do that effectively right now you almost have to be horde. So its great that after this that will no longer be the case. It opens up a lot of possibilities while closing just very little if any

I’m sorry you find this to hurt your RP experience, however gameplay has to come first.

1 Like

Guilds should be cross-faction as well they are the friends and community that have been built for example I play with a horde guild but I would prefer to play as an alliance but don’t want to leave the guild I have been playing with for 8+ years I would still need to be able to add and take things from the guild bank to be a helpful part of the guild and help my friends and Guild community we would also not be able to see guild chat to see if guild members need help with something . so I would Highly request that dev’s would add the cross-faction for guilds as well.

10 Likes

First good news I’ve seen in a while. I may roll an alliance character in the near future because of this.

1 Like

This is the seed of an idea that we are being asked to iterate on. This isn’t the final say, so being indignant, or uppity isn’t really necessary yet.

The chef has previewed some new meals and asked us if we’d like to suggest any changes or additions before the menu is finalized.

Now’s our chance to ask for everything we want and hope that they continue to generously accommodate our feedback.

2 Likes

This is awesome. The RPG element has always been meaningless. Great step in the right direction. Next, they should just give all classes access to all abilities, all legendaries, and all transmogs. No more capital cities too. Hell, let’s just start at level 60 too. Faction identity in PVP??? what a stupid concept. Min/maxer for life!

OMG!!! I NEED to recreate this…

4 Likes

Hooves or gtho.

2 Likes

If cross-faction trading gold is allowed, it will be a boom for moving large amounts of gold cross-faction. Might as well open up mail gold cross-faction.

2 Likes

That’s the optimistic hope in the back of my mind, as well. I know they don’t like to move quickly and break things (other than when it comes to balance decisions. <.<)

But thank you for pushing this. I am soooo tired of the stupid factions.

4 Likes