Developing a delve boss

If a game developer design a boss that can’t be beat by a game developer don’t expect to beat it as a normal player nor hardcore player.

If a game developer can’t beat a boss that they themselves have designed then we have an issue and should be rectified before release.

i believe they are good at there job, bad at the video game.
or.
we are not meant to beat it week 1. sudo mage tower.

Is there some kind of context to this?

1 Like

if its tier 13 then yeah its super hard.

those tiers dont matter though. all that matters to me is tier 3-8

You’re early on the delve whine train. This is supposed to happen about a couple days after TWW release after people are pikachu shocked that their fresh level 80 character cannot one shot all the content.

4 Likes

Just to avoid confusion: there aren’t 13 tiers, it’s a “secret” 13th delve that (at least in early development) unlocks from completing all 12 regular delves on tier 11.

I think they are hyping it up the story of it being unkillable just for the intended mage-tower-fan audience (I’m not one of them, but I do see them from time to time and they seem sincere in their desires).

For the moment, I’m setting my expectations going in at “I myself will probably never see the boss”.

yeah idc about mage tower stuff i just want my normie loot and mount customizations

Oh hell yeah, there will be difficult content in delves? Happy to hear!

Where did you get this information?

Little bits of info have come out here and there in interviews - I don’t have a link handy to any particular one.

difficult content that awards no gear. tier 8 is max for gear

Unbeatable now? Sure

Unbeatable by the time people gear up from 11 tiers of delves and a maxed out Brann? Bloody doubtful.

Oh that’s very disappointing…are delves just going to offer heroic / mythic content for almost no difficulty? :frowning:

It has been said that it will be theoretically possible to get heroic gear though it’s not yet clear how many hoops one has to jump through (keys from other world content are involved) or whether the top gear is from the delves themselves or a weekly vault option from doing enough high end delves. We also don’t have a clear picture of what the difficulty curve will look like as tiers increase.

2 Likes

Well I hope that gear remains requisite to difficulty completed - if it’s heroic / mythic, it should be a difficulty equivalent to high M+ or mythic raiding.

Delves are going to offer normal raid ilvl gear from completion and heroic ilvl gear from vault progress at level 8, I expect the difficulty for those to be around comparable to the other content that awards that ilvl of gear.

So champion track, which is equal to current M0s.

1 Like

I doubt the first part. I think they’re likely unprepared for development and playing.

Also OP: Fine, I accept your silly terms. But Blizz begins hiring devs like this. Will you stop QQing then? :joy: