Deterministic Legacy Loot should be an option

This was finally brought up in the CC so I am putting my 2 cents.

All Legacy Loot items (pets, mounts and transmog) need a deterministic backup so that you are not having to run an instance hundreds of times on multiple alts for that 1 item you want every week/day.

It doesn’t matter how easy it is to do or how good it feels to finally get the item to drop if you have to kill a boss 100+ times for the item. There is no real prestige in having legacy items that are still in the game as anyone can get them with enough alts time and luck can get any item. That said, it should take more than 1 kill to get the item or it would lessen the achievement of having the item.

My solution to all this is to add in a currency for each expansion that can be used on a vendor for that expansion to buy any item from any instance or world boss in that expansion. The currency can be farmed without a cap from any instance or world boss in that expansion(Yes this would lead to a “Maw of Souls” style of play but it will be finite.). This would also require the removal/reduction of the weekly lockout for legacy instances to avoid feeling like you need multiple alts to farm the currency as fast as possible.

Going further into this Legacy loot change, I would have an account-wide talent tree similar to Horrific Visions or Torghast that has QoL perks to making farming less annoying. Examples of these perks are fixed 200% movement speed inside instances, despawn the next boss on the list without getting loot(Karazhan chess boss or roadblocks), teleport to the next boss on the list, remove non-tmog items from the loot tables(rings necks trinkets relics), teleport to specific instances, pull or remove all trash between bosses, Torghast style auto looting.

So a really rough idea and not one I’m too invested into anymore since my sub runs out in a week and I’m not coming back till DF if at all but I would enjoy your thoughts on this. Should Legacy Loot farming be made easier/deterministic? Would you be more inclined to collect items if you knew you could get what you want without needing to rely on a 0.02% drop chance once a week per character?

2 Likes

There is something I’ve been farming 10x (got a few characters to 60 recently, so bump it to 15 now) a week for 7 years. I am way beyond caring about pure rng for ancient content.

Better idea: just make a bad luck protection system where everytime you attempt to loot an item and fail in legacy content, it adds the drop chance on to the next drop chance.
For example, a mount has a 1% chance to drop so the next time you kill that boss, it has a 2% cahnce, then 3% chance and onward. Eventually you would know that you are going to get the mount if you put in the time. This idea would make me actually try to get some of the rare stuff because i dont have time/motivation to do something i only have a 1% chance to get.
Please also apply this to warfront armor! I have been trying to get a helm and a shoulder armor for a long time and it so hard to get warfront groups now.

1 Like