Destro shadowlands

Really disapointed we got corruption baseline in shadowlands never been a fan of dots so much on warlock it’s why I’ve mostly played destro or demo I really wish they would’ve given shadowburn baseline as a bursty execute again or even better given us hellfire again I mean it’s litterally in the original wow cinematic and it’s so nostalgic for destro

2 Likes

A couple things,

I don’t think you’re wrong to be worried, and I know that blizzard has a let us down In the past when it comes to changes, but I do think this is a wait and see situation. There are glaring holes in the design of what destro and demo are getting back. I’m inclined to say wait and see before giving in to despair.

We’ve had times before where we say “it’s only alpha, they’ll fix it” and then we get nothing changed. But I’m hopeful because affliction got some love. I think destro and demo might get a little down the line. I think if we keep presenting ideas and feedback as often as we can, we can sit tight and hope for the best. If nothing changes though, we can open the gates to letting them know of our displeasure.

I guess what I’m saying is, there’s a lot of information coming out all the time. Let’s wait and see. But I am worried too.

After seeing multiple alphas from blizzard I can say I’m EXTREMELY worried too. Typically all the major changes are made before the alpha and everything after that is minor tweaks. It’s so disappointing but more than likely we’ll be shipped as is, with just a few minor adjustments.

3 Likes

Unfortunately I’ll agree. I’ve seen many alphas in my time as well.

My point ultimately was just that even though they’ve let us down In past expansions, we should give it a chance, they seem to be trying to make amends with the disaster of BFA.

So I’m inclined to spend a little more time hopeful, before dipping into violent bouts of rage. :wink:

I’m not saying I don’t love destro I love it so much and I think it’s in a great spot personally I’m just really disapointed in receiving a boring dot when all these other classes and specs are reviving some awesome old stuff

3 Likes

Of course you care about it, you wouldnt be disappointed if you didnt care. I think destro is in a good place at its core, but we need more than a core and so far Blizz hasnt delivered on the “Great Unpruning” for warlock in some ways at least.

2 Likes

I would say destro is more tolerable than “good”.

Sure it can be ok on the meters but the essence of the spec is garbage (not to mention its nearly a copy paste of ele shamans)

3 Likes

I would say destro is more tolerable than “good”.
Sure it can be ok on the meters but the essence of the spec is garbage (not to mention its nearly a copy paste of ele shamans)

I agree with you, though I would also add that us destruction being based around a 2/3m cd and so heavily on azerite traits / essences (borrowed power) that when Shadowlands comes around we won’t see a power curve for us (unless massive changes) until at least 7 months into the expansion once things begin to normalize as usual.

2 Likes

How many times do we have to give Blizzard a chance before we’re allowed to just call them out on their sh-t on a historical basis?

1 Like

THere’s so many things that could be unpruned for Destro, shadowburn, the pet revive ability, BURNING EMBERS (Arcane Mages & Shadowpriests get unique resources why can’t Destro-lock), instead the ‘unpruning’ is giving them an affliction spell.
A really sh-t affliction spell.

1 Like

Kind of agree about corruption. On alpha I’ve just ignored it and not bothered putting it on my bar. It’s flavour, I suppose but doesn’t interact with the spec at all - its not the kind of flavour that makes me feel good about getting back.

2 Likes

Burning embers was my baby

1 Like

Considering they’re trying to unprune classes I really wish they would give us back a bunch of stuff Baseline that’s talents right now and just replace those talents. I’d also like so see some old stuff come back like demonic breath and fel flame for some instant cast stuff while on the move. I mean I could go on about how many old abilities that are gone now I would love to have back. So please blizz, listen to us and unprune like you say you’re doing. I don’t consider giving us a few curses back and corruption which is pointless to use with a cast time and no interaction with resource generation unpruning. Just my quick 2 cents, plenty more where that came from.

6 Likes