Destro Challenge Not Looking Good

(2v2)

A while back I mentioned I would be attempting something to test out Destro!

The goal is to take a boosted Warlock to 1800 in just a week gearing through Arena matches and playing in LFG only.

Probably just going to play with healers in LFG otherwise can’t really get a feel for how I play.

I have 0 xp playing any DPS class over 10+ years of playing, it’s been different.

The reason I am trying this is because Destro has been targeted as free 1800. I just intend to see if it’s true. With no gear and 0 DPS xp in arena, I feel it’s going to be a task to hit 1800 in 6 days.

1 week too late bro

1 Like

Why, what happened.

Should we tell him?

4 Likes

so youre not going to get 1800 on a 390 ilvl destro and then say its not free 1800? or i dont get what this proves

2 Likes

I mean I am still going to run it.

You do realize this is gonna prove nothing right? Destro will still be op at the end of the day. You need gear for rating all the kids saying destro aren’t op are all like 470 ilvl+ terrible kids who for some reason cant capitalize on how broken it is…

Run it Chris Brown!

I think I have a good chance at getting the 1800 actually. Judging based off the games so far.

so i think a better thing to say is 1800 or bust cause if you dont hit 1800 theres literally no point to this

Sure, I am not asking you to follow what happens if you are not interested.

Sure, that is actually a good point. Pretty much what I am going for.

1 Like

Honestly I played my lock alt to 1800 in Legion and I had zero idea how to set a single thing up yet. I just pressed buttons randomly in an order I thought was decent and then chaos bolted.

It was so unfun to play though I never devoted more then a few queue sessions to learning it before I realized it wasn’t for me.

1 Like

I mean that’s not all I said lol. Your test is under skewed circumstances. If you cant hit 1800 on a naked warlock it doesn’t mean it isnt busted.

1 Like

Sure. I agree. The point is more if you can hit 1800 with no xp or gear maybe they are busted.

1 Like

with a geared healer it might actually be easier cause you wont get pillared all game ha

4 Likes

Destro and challenge really don’t coexist.

5 Likes

Unless there’s the M word in front

I will keep that in mind. Gonna try to keep my partner around my CR and around the XP of whatever bracket we are in.

So far I think Destro has been fun to play. Some games I have been able to put out alright damage. Some games I have been trained to the ground and my damage mainly came from infernal.

Still trying to figure out how to react to alot of stuff but the basics feels like fear/ember/coil/conflag root/ infernal/ root/bolt/bolt… that type of thing.

Feels pretty fun to me.

Says the huntard trololol :joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy:

The irony.

5 Likes