"Destination Servers"

I cant wait for the post in a few days mad about the random server they got thrown on.

Just to clear up one thing, the free transfer list is really the list from February Free Character Transfers for Burning Crusade Classic Realms

The consolidation was announced in June ~4 months later.

50g says your character ends up on a retail server.

Why do you think the forums are here?

People can talk about this if they want to. Itā€™s just as valid a topic as any other game-related topic and itā€™s related to something going on right now.

If you donā€™t care thatā€™s ok. Just stay out of the threads.

1 Like

Splitting factions during the realm consolidation effort is an interesting idea, but the process isnā€™t currently set up to do that, unfortunately. Weā€™d like to do our best to match, say, a Horde dominated realm that is being consolidated to another horde dominated realm so as to negatively impact as few players as possible. However, in many cases the population on some of these realms is so low its hard to even categorize any of these realms as either Horde or Alliance dominated. At the end of the day, the best way to ensure that a player on one of these soon-to-be retired realms ends up on the best possible destination for them is for that individual to take advantage of the FCMs that are being offered right now and will be offered right up until August 9th when we kick off this process.

There is blizzards point of view.

Click the free transfer button. The servers that pop up are the only possible destinations. And I would transfer before because they could push you into a different zone server. For example Stalagg (east) could go to grob (west) or yojumba (oceanic). Itā€™s terribleā€¦

Good point. The OCE servers look pretty healthy and not overpopulated on the surfaceā€¦ so I wouldnā€™t be shocked to see Blizzard putting NA players there.

If that happens and people return to their characters being in a much different time zone and with game latency, it wonā€™t end well. Hopefully, Blizzard is smarter than that. I know a few NA people have chosen to take free transfers to the OCE servers which is good for them, but if people from NA just get put on OCE and come back to see this thereā€™s going to be a lot of talk about this for a while. That goes for people who resub in a few months and have no idea this is going on too.

Blizzard never properly communicated beforehand, which they said they would do. Also, the free transfer list WAS NOT the consolidation list as many of us tried to point out. The way this whole process was handled is honestly sad.

wasnt the whole sexual harassment watergate not enough?

It was absolutely horrible. As someone who is in sales and by default customer service, this was a shameful way for a company to act. Unfortunately, you come to expect it from large companies.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.