derek spoilers

10/28/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Jerolan

10/28/2018 07:23 PMPosted by Galenorn
But then that !@#$ing Lorash at the end...
He's one-note enough that I doubt he'll do anything of note. He'll probably just die again trying to take on the demigod archdruid. At least someone will.

I really do wonder who primarily writes him.

Like... I get a ridiculous number of HotTopic coupons in the mail and via email. I will give them all to them, if they just... stop.
Don't act so surprised. We both know the Banshee Queen has always been capable of tactics like these. - Unknown

Fist pump of the year goes toooooo................
10/28/2018 07:37 PMPosted by Kazala
Don't worry, "I'll never betray my Warchief" folks.

I'm sure they're tooooootally not going to railroad you into fighting Sylvanas by the end of this expansion.

I still don't think they are. I know they keep hammering home how bad she is, but I also honestly cannot see them getting rid of her with how much money she prints for Blizzard.
10/28/2018 07:43 PMPosted by Reignac

I'm sure they're tooooootally not going to railroad you into fighting Sylvanas by the end of this expansion.

I still don't think they are. I know they keep hammering home how bad she is, but I also honestly cannot see them getting rid of her with how much money she prints for Blizzard.

She is in Heroes of the Storm, and thus eternal :-P

No way she'll die. At worst she'll get exiled from the Horde (or flee if !@#$ turns on her too much). She'll likely have an important role to play in the next expansion regardless if she's warchief or not however.
10/28/2018 07:45 PMPosted by Droité

No way she'll die. At worst she'll get exiled from the Horde (or flee if !@#$ turns on her too much). She'll likely have an important role to play in the next expansion regardless if she's warchief or not however.

Bet you a wowtoken she's dead by the end of the Xpac. :-P
10/28/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Saiphas

i would take that bet if i had a wowtoken

joking aside even talanji is distancing herself
Yet de raising of Derek Proudmoore makes me uneasy. It reminds me of what Zul did to my beloved Rezan... a foul deed dat broke my heart.
De Alliance must be brought to justice for my father's death. But we must not let rage blind us... or make us forget de honor dat makes de Zandalari grea

Not taking that bet while she's still got a "1up" left in her pocket lol!
10/28/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Droité

Here I will make it better, She is not only dead, but will NOT use her 1up
10/28/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Saiphas
10/28/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Droité

If she does use her 1up, she is screwing over the forsaken, proving that she only cares for number 1

Oh god, she really is Garrosh 2.0! Time for her to go back in time and then invade with the Iron Scourge!
10/28/2018 07:48 PMPosted by Withpuppys
joking aside even talanji is distancing herself

I mean ... of course she would. She's closer to Rokhan and Baine than she is Sylvanas or Nathanos; her experience with Rezan is a lot like this (in that he was forcefully resurrected and his body was forced to attack those he never would have in life); and the Zandalari are one of the few troll factions that still follow Bwonsamdi's practices (and her patron Loa is now Bwon). He's not a fan of undead.

Even if she wants vengeance for her dad, she's a little too young and idealistic to throw away all her principles to attain it just yet.

And, I mean, Talanji had no issues at all with me resurrecting dead trolls to beat up other trolls. I mean, do we really think my Army of the Dead is pulling humans out of the swamps of Nazmir?

Hell, if I’m raising Blood Trolls into ghouls, I’m even probably mindslaving siblings against each other!

And I’m the Champion of Azeroth! End this unrealistic double standard for necromancy. Even the average Human Paladin will happily devour the crystallised souls of his foes for vitality if his friend the warlock serves them up fresh.

Who, I ask you, are we to judge?
10/28/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Katiera
10/28/2018 07:49 PMPosted by Saiphas

If she does use her 1up, she is screwing over the forsaken, proving that she only cares for number 1

That's my point actually, hence why I am making it part of the bet. All signs still point at this time for me where my analysis of Sylvie's arc is taking her. And betting a wowtoken is in good fun :)
10/28/2018 07:54 PMPosted by Yersynia

And, I mean, Talanji had no issues at all with me resurrecting dead trolls to beat up other trolls. I mean, do we really think my Army of the Dead is pulling humans out of the swamps of Nazmir?

Hell, if I’m raising Blood Trolls into ghouls, I’m even probably mindslaving siblings against each other!

And I’m the Champion of Azeroth! End this unrealistic double standard for necromancy. Even the average Human Paladin will happily devour the crystallised souls of his foes for vitality if his friend the warlock serves them up fresh.

Who, I ask you, are we to judge?
i dont think they take class abilities into consideration regarding story
10/28/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Saiphas

I don't even have to dredge up things from BfA though. What about Abominations? They've been used by the Forseken as guards in Undercity and in other conflicts throughout WoW's history. Surely, if raising one human is disturbing, those things would set off all sorts of alarm bells for anyone dealing with them.

It's just baffling that this is somehow the worst thing Sylvanas has ever done.

EDIT: It doesn't really matter if the other characters are seeing this for the first time for not - if they're trying to pass this off as a "Forsaken are going too far" moment for the players, they really need to rethink WoW's history.

There is a difference between intellectually knowing a thing, and an emotional, visceral response when confronted with derek’s pain and Resurrection. There is a reason when studies were conducted about desensitization, that most* people who started at the maximum could not “kill” the subject and had to be walked up the path overtime. This is basically that writ large. It’s personal, humans (and thus all the Warcraft races because they are written by us) are really like that. Confronting 1,000,000 deaths as a statistic or from afar is orders of difference from confronting a act of torture.

So then this makes the scene stupid if only because she's doing it in front of everyone and not off to the side like she did with the other two new Forsaken (Stone and Valentine - Zeiling happens in front of Rexar).

I'm still really trying to figure out what this scene is supposed to accomplish, aside from making everyone involved somehow worse off than they were before.
Hey now, don't move the goalposts on me! I just said the Horde PC will end up forced to fight her.

In fairness, I do think she'll die... but I don't think we'll be "getting rid of her".

My prediction remains that she'll be taking up a prominent position in the Shadowlands by the end of the expansion, and that she'll continue to be a major lore figure going forward.
10/28/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Resìleaf
I assume it's the "Mind break him into killing his entire family" part that's rubbing people the wrong way.
That still seems like a lesser offence compared to the attempted genocide.
10/28/2018 08:00 PMPosted by Vespero
10/28/2018 07:18 PMPosted by Resìleaf
I assume it's the "Mind break him into killing his entire family" part that's rubbing people the wrong way.
That still seems like a lesser offence compared to the attempted genocide.

Humans (as in real world humans and thus all the wow races as they are written by humans) are easily able to rationalize mass death. One only has to look at the Air bombing campaigns conducted by the great powers to see this. When it is at a distance, it is alot easier to compartmentalize. Its a proximity and intimacy thing.
You know what this expansion needs more of?

*Smells pile of garbage*

Another dose of faction pride.