Demonology spec bonuses

For this specialization, in Season 4, I would like the bonuses (updated) from:

Para esta especialización, en la temporada 4, me gustarían las bonificaciones (actualizadas) de:

Para esta especialização na Série 4, quero os bônus (atualizados) da:

• Season 1 / Temporada 1 / Série 1
  • Season 2 / Temporada 2 / Série 2
  • Season 3 / Temporada 3 / Série 3
0 voters

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/choose-your-own-gear-in-dragonflight-season-4/1760899/1

4 Likes

I feel like with the changes demonology received in 10.2 (less cores, tyrant changes/nerfs) the season 2 tier bonus feels meh, especially as pit lord and nether portal feels worse as well.

I like the season 3 tier set in mythic +, adds some consistent AOE damage. The season 1 tier set, although wasn’t super impactful, was nice for mobility, and now hand of guldan hits hard now too with malefic impact

6 Likes

If the season 2 set bonus ends up winning demonology is going to be horrific. After they gutted Tyrants dps and its synergy with nether portal the season 2 set bonus provides essential no value. It gave no AOE value in S2 and is going to provide next to no single target value after the Tyrant and NP nerf.

4 Likes

Set 1 was passive damage increases with extremely marginal changes to gameplay (instant cast HoG), set 2 was nerfed going into this patch and doesn’t make sense anymore with how the talent tree was redesigned to kill the ramp gameplay and all the spec’s skill expression.

Current tier set seems like a no-brainer; it is singlehandedly keeping demo from being in the state of “needs extensive buffs or sizeable rework” that aff and destro are in, has meaningful impact on gameplay and skill expression in multi-target situations, and its pretty cool to spawn doomguards.

3 Likes

I think that blizzard is doing us a pretty serious disservice by not showing some of their ideas on how they’re updating old bonuses. Because, yeah, season 1 can’t hold a candle to season 3 as they exist now. But there are ways in which that any bonus could become competitive, and we are not even being shown that before being asked to decide.

I have grown to really enjoy doom brand and doom fiend, but I would really like to know their ideas for the other two bonuses as well.

2 Likes

Anyone who voted season 2 is legitimately trolling. Can you please make it so max level of the respective class can vote only?

4 Likes

Season 1:

• 2-Set - Demonbolt and Felstorm damage increased by 20%.

• 4-Set - Demonbolt has a chance to make your next Hand of Gul’dan instant and deal 50% increased damage.

Season 2:

• 2-Set - Demonbolt damage increased 15%. Consuming a Demonic Core reduces the cooldown of Grimoire: Felguard by 1 second.

• 4-Set - Grimoire: Felguard deals 40% additional damage and empowers your active demons, increasing their damage done by 20% while active.

Season 3:

• 2-Set - Demonbolt now applies a Doom Brand that explodes after 20 sec, dealing (79.6289% of Spell power) Shadow damage to nearby enemies. Demonbolt and Hand of Gul’dan reduce the duration of the primary target’s Doom Brand by 1 sec.

• 4-Set - Hand of Gul’dan damage increased by 15%. When Doom Brand explodes, you have a chance to summon a Doomfiend that blasts your target for (81.0779% of Spell power) Shadow damage every 3 sec for 15 sec.

8 Likes

I hope Season 3 wins. The tier set is so amazing and fun to play. I seriously hope they change our current Doom talents into this tier set next expansion so we can continue to use this.

10 Likes

Just want to post here for my fellow warlocks to think about something.

This is a fun experiment Blizzard is doing, and they are taking the step of promising to retune/rebalance tiersets who get choosen.

So, as a number guy for Demonology, let me tell you this.

Its more fun if you do legitimately vote in what you think is potentially more fun/interesting than if you vote in what is strongest based on what i or anyone else says for you to vote.

Your Vote is yours and nobody’s else.

3 Likes

I just wish the season 3 tier could proc more than one doomfiend at a time.

3 Likes

How is Season 1 winning and Season 3 last? Do half of these votes even play Demo or are they just bitter Aff players that want Demo to suck in all content

Are you sure about this?

Remember that the S4 set bonus will get retuned, so don’t focus on power level of the bonus in previous seasons, focus on what you would like to play the most.

1 Like

The thing is, we know why the s2 gameplay was tuned out, it was an endeavor that had been tried since 10.0.5 and met with pretty much universal hatred every time it got brought up until it just got there anyway, unpopular decision and all

I’m voting s3 not only because I find the gameplay more fun, but I don’t trust the devs to make the s2 set work without it being either extremely overtuned (especially now that we’d very likely have easy access to the Neltharion trinket via Dinars) or just not worth playing due to how much both Tyrant and NP were absolutely gutted.

5 Likes

^^^ I second this post

Unless ya’ll want Warlocks to be a cookie/summon/gateway tool with mediocre dps, don’t vote on S2.

Our talent tree took significant nerfs lowering the value of the Felguard/Tyrant combo, both because Reign of Tyranny is now capped on the stacks Tyrant gets and the 2pc got nerfed by how often we get cores now in comparison to before the 10.1.7 nerfs so Felguard has a 1 min 45-ish second cd instead of the 10.1 almost perfect 1 min 30 seconds.

Demon’s damage is no longer a roller coaster where it dips really low during CD downtime and skyrockets during CD uptime, we’re more consistent, so unless Blizz does some huge talent changes with Season 4, Amirdrassil set is literally our only option if we don’t want to be relegated to a support DPS role.

Everyone sleeping on s1 tier. HoG kinda slapping with malefic impact (especially in dungeons where you get sustained aoe) and the quality of life from insta cast gives nice mobility. Also, knowing that they are going to tune the tier sets (and how warlock always ends up in a fine spot dps wise), I would much rather the tier set that gives me options for moving while casting, and takes us away from the god awful vers/crit situation we have ourselves in right now

5 Likes

Crit/Vers isn’t because of the current tier set, it’s because of Iridal/Dreambinder, Belor’relos, and Nymues, three on use effects that only gain from Crit and Vers, and contribute to a decent chunk of our damage, otherwise our stat priority would still be “anything is fine, they’re all close together.” If I recall correctly, Mastery becomes higher value than Vers in big cleave/aoe.

And HoG doesn’t hold a candle to Implosion or Amirdrassil 2pc damage in sustained AoE.

You injured us this patch, but at the same time I am doing damage… Maybe just the gear. But, sometimes there’s literally nothing i can do but, cast shadowbolt and hope nothing pops up underneath me. Maybe if there was some ability which made Shadowbolt instacastable every so often, or maybe if it had charges?

I am seeing a lot of people saying s2 is a troll vote, in my opinion i dont like s3 cause of the rng behind the 4 set and how its based off demonbolt after our core economy has been nerfed almost every patch. change the set to apply from HoG and 4 set procs after 3-4 brands and s3 is very good and fun, also make it scale off mastery not vers. Demo has been a mess this tier playstyle and stat wise.