Demonology is a challenge

I’m really quite impressed with the B.F.A. demonology. Most specs are mind-numbingly easy now, maybe even Destro, but Demo is NOT one of them. It’s mind-numbingly hard. I love trying (and failing) to juggle everything, and I love how everything has a ramp-up time and if I misjudge a pull and don’t get my Tyrant off until too late then my damage goes to [bleep] rock-bottom.

I don’t find this kind of complexity in most other classes and I’m just addicted.

However, I’m not fond of Imps. Or HoG as a resource dump. Or Shadow Bolt as a resource builder. (Shadow bolt would be great as a builder for Affliction, however.) And I miss having a DoT. Doom would be nice, but it is just too much work for too little pay-off. The imp-sacrifice talent, in tier 2, makes it much easier to not cast Shadow Bolt. Instant Demon bolts (that’s actually a spell now >.< ) just feel so good. I just wish I could build up to more than 5 Shards.

And I miss my Doomguard.

But beside all of that, I am quite impressed with the work done on Demo and quite satisfied with its complexity as a spec. My other favorite talents (and maybe even optimal) are Demonic Consumption, Soul Conduit, Soul Strike, Demonic Portal, and Bilescourge Bombers.

one thing you might want to try out if you are running demonology for m+ is power siphon, its technically a dps loss vs demonic calling and but when paired with inner demons it can help out a lot in m+

for example, say your demonic core procs between pulls are going to drop off between pulls you can use power siphon to refresh the duration on them

also it allows you to go into boss fights with up to 2 demonic core procs so you can start into your burst demonic consumption/tyrant with a 9 imp proc right off the bat rather than having to wait for your first set of dreadstalkers to despawn.

on top of that power siphon lets you kill off imps from inner demons when you are trying to avoid aggroing/avoiding some mobs in places like waycrest where you can’t mount up,

I don’t think demo is hard as much as its faster paced and proc based which makes you have to pay attention, but there are other classes like that. If you don’t want to manage pets you might want to look into fury warr or frost mage. Similar proc based gameplay without the pet side of things.

1 Like

I use doom in every fight. At a minimum it marks the target and functions as an attack command for the pet. If the target doesn’t die fast to other things its takes a big shot from the doom.

Don’t use doom, its the the worst talent on that row.

3 Likes

Lol doom, seriously it’s so bad. :-/

1 Like

I love doom and am logging in to put it on some horde players right now. If you guys want to lowball it so much that the devs buff its damage or reduce its tic even more its all good.

You do you, but don’t give people bad advice.

I described my experience with doom; if people want to try it for themselves based on that fine with me. I don’t want Blizzard to drop the ability based on a false impression that no one finds it useful. BTW about 8 horde in Najatar were deleted by doom since my last post.

Random BGs and wPvP is literally the only area of the game that Doom is useful. Mainly because you’re usually fighting players who have no idea how to PvP. If you enjoy doing that content then more power to you. But know right now that in PvE/rated PvP it’s not really good.

1 Like

It is indeed a challenge to a certain extent. Once you have it down it feels good though. It is the more reward spec of the 3, I will say.

dealing with the excessive cast time on almost every spell is a challenge.

Even the cooldown has a cast time!! #mindblows

2 Likes