Demon Hunter Changes

Demon Hunter

• Havoc

• Unbound Chaos (Talent) damage increased to 500% (was 300%).
  • Burning Wound damage over time damage increased 100% and Immolation Aura damage increased by 100% (was 50%).

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable (GIF Image)

Im starting to think they just don’t frickin listen, why in the frick, would you further buff Unbound Chaos, NO ONE USES IT, Though the change to the Immolation Aura Lego is needed, but the Burning Wound still sucks

15 Likes

it’ll be good for pvp. not so much pve tho. It does more damage than glaive tempest can do, except it does it upfront whereas glaive tempest is overtime and ppl have to stand in it.
burning wound not all that good. it basically adds another viable legendary for us to use in ST situations, although chaos theory is still better, and for aoe situations well we have at least 2 other leggos that are far better.

blizz dont read the feedback that is been provided, stop messing with that talent that no one use since pre beta and still trying to make ppl use it.

Fix DH! we already told you whats needed and what we want!

2 Likes

People don´t use it because it does not do enough damage, so it makes sense to buff it, although i agree that this isn´t the way the should buff havoc demon hunter. Personally, I like that they are buffing ubc, it synergises very well with momentum.

1 Like

This isn’t going to solve the problems the class has. Frankly, if you’re not satisified with this class you should probably abandon ship now. Blizzard is known for leaving classes in miserable shape for months if not years. It will take a new expansion to fix the problems the class has.

8 Likes

The only problem is a build like momentum is often dashing as a part of your rotation is going to screw up mechanics. Like mythic hungering, it would be so detrimental to take those talents on that fight.

2 Likes

Bloodlet synergized well and yet they removed it, Id rather have that back

1 Like

That wasn’t the point of what I wrote.

This was

Its still not going to be used, unless they add more to it, just adding 500% damage to it is just bloating the number up, other than that it just wastes a talent spot.

I agree, plus using it in any pve content feels bad as positioning of and the loss of movement when you need it really hurts. It looks like it’ll feel great for pvp though.

But it is though, remember fel rush is uncapped, and it will be bis in pvp, and for those who play momentum it will be even better.

1 Like

Mentioned above me, fe rush is uncapped!!

On ptr. With the gear I’m currently wearing at 215 ilvl, unbound chaos is making my fel rush hit 6-6.5k dps and I’ve seen 14.8k crits.

So every 25 seconds you have a mini nuke hit which isn’t to bad. Honestly, if they are stuck with fel rush being damage idea, I’d rather just the old talent that just made fel rush as a whole hit harder all the time rather than just a one and done talent.

1 Like

Fel rush unbound chaos talent change is going to be great for pvp and it also doesnt cost fury to cast whereas glaive does so it’ll help out alot on havoc with chaos theory rotation. In pvp scenarios you’re doing a dash burst that also applies mortal wound so its pretty clutch. The burning wound legendary looks pretty bad but some youtuber tested it and it turned out decent but still not great as you still have to manually apply it to multiple mobs which beats the whole purpose of being a havoc, the uncapped aoe class. Single target wise chaos theory is still better since you can crit on it but i guess burning wound will have its niche where its decent in single target and decent in 3-5 target packs.

i want to see how it goes when you fel rush into the horde and see if you can survive! i dont care to fix unbound chaos, they been playing with it and they couldnt even properly align the demon, so they change it, as they have interns working on the code.

we cant survive, we dont have the tools for pvp, and you want to felrush into a pack of horde? or you need to pass them with Frush and then come back to them? is good that doesnt have a cap yes. damge might be high, will see. no one will grab it. i dont want them to keep working in a usless talent, i want them to fix the class. at least work on the survival row.

leech is bad. window of 6 sec with demonic is bad since force us to ALWAYS have those 2 talents all the time. netherwalk… they run of ideas. blur increase absorption for an additional 10%, that is a joke.

Our AOE damage is okay, but our single target is a joke. Also meta should not be a 4 mind CD, it aligns horribly in some dungeons.

1 Like

Wrong legendary. Check
Doesnt know how to pvp. Check
Complaining about survivability on demon hunter. Check

Hard disagree with CT being better than new Burning Wounds. Proc vs Always active, is Always actives win. CT has so many issues as a legendary, one of which is the droughts you an go through during fights without it proccing thus making it a glorified stat stick. Meanwhile Burning Wounds can be used in Cleave and in AoE, making it a solid take it for all instances if you want Legendary. Sure it won’t beat CA in Cleave and AoE, but burning Wounds has already been tested to show it is going to be on par with CT in ST.

1 Like

What do you mean when you say this? Because it seems to me that you are talking about bgs.

I for one and pretty pumped about the burning wound buffs. I like having some sort of dot, great if cc’d and keeping something in combat long enough for them to hopefully not get away. The fact that it also buff immo aura I think is super cool. Watched a video on YouTube and on single target, immo aura was top damage. AoE immo aura was through the roof as top damage with applying the dot to multiple targets.

I think it will be pretty decent in pvp too. So many time you get a CT proc and either get kited, rooted or just fury starved at that time where you can’t get the full benefit of the leggo. I guess will see soon enough though.

Well when you determine what’s BiS you generally use parses and averages, so CT may still be better in theory. But I’m 100% with you that I just don’t enjoy RNG proc stuff in general and would choose Burning Wounds regardless even if it wasn’t BiS. DH in general isn’t BiS so as long as it’s competitive it’s good enough for me. This is why I currently use Collective Anguish in PvE and Darkness in PvP. I just don’t have fun using CT.

Now that said, these changes aren’t going to be enough. I’m personally not a fan of pushing fel rush into a PvP DPS rotation since we rely on Fel Rush so heavily for defense as well as offense. The above suggestion by making the talent provide an extra charge would go a long way.