Demo should be able to summon Infernals and Darkglare

Why does Destruction and Afflic have access to demons that demonology does not?

Even if these demons are more shadow oriented or more fire oriented, they’re still demons, and it’s not a stretch to think the master summoner could easily summon them.

I don’t really have a specific idea how to work them into the demonology tree/spec, but it’s weird that there are demons we Demonologists don’t have access to while other warlocks who are far less adept at summoning can summon.

Also (and this is just personal preference) I think having destro and afflictions power not trapped behind a demon makes more sense. Especially affliction, for me the big demon summon always felt so out of place for that spec

1 Like

As an Affliction main I am more than happy to give Demo Darkglare back. Affliction never should have had it to begin with.

4 Likes

Demo used to have Infernal/Doomguard as talents but they got taken away cause reasons.

Does feel weird the ‘master summoner’ mainly summons small fry.

1 Like

That how I feel. I know we can’t go too far into big demon summons because we’ll end up as a CD stacking mess (looking at you arcane mage) but it would be nice to have like 1 more. A fel lord, infernal, dark glare etc

Just something to add a little spice

Warlocks are a pet class, even not as demonology. Having a summon as a big cool down isn’t entirely out of place.

That being said, one of the main reasons is probably game balance. Do you know how much rebalancing would have to go into that? Not only would you have to figure out how to jam those talents into the demonology tree, but you’d also have to rebalance the different summons for demonology. That would be a lot of work.

The soul shard fragment generation of the Infernal would need to be reworked. The dot extension of the Darkglare would be mostly worthless. Do you think demonology would actually want those summons? It just doesn’t make sense from a gameplay perspective.

2 Likes

They said in a post for BFA I think, That they wanted each spec to have a Major CD in the form of a pet individual to its theme. Rather then Cd’s like darksoul that are just stat % modifiers.
Since we are a “pet class”

So cause of that you get what we have now… Trust me as an aff lock they could delete darkglare and I would be so happy.

1 Like

I agree, even if they’re only temporary damage-boosts.

You’re assuming they would retain the same functionality for demo…

They could be generic damage summons like the Felguard. No interaction with dots or shards. It would be pretty easy to reskin a vilefiend to look like a dark glare or infernal.

So long as GoSac is a choosable talent for Affliction I will never identify as a pet spec. If they want Darkglare to stay in the game for Affliction then let me GoSac it for some massive buff similar to how it used to work in MoP.

No, I specifically called out that they would have to be reworked because of how useless their functionality would be for demonology. I also called out how much work it would take to rework and balance them for demonology. I personally don’t think it would be worth the effort involved.

As for just reskinning them, do you really want a discount infernal that has none of the abilities that make it a threat? It would take the least amount of work however, so if anything happened, this would likely be the route they took. But overall I’m pretty sure they wouldn’t even do this.

There was a talent that allowed us to summon Infernals and Doomguards as pets. I have no idea why that was removed.

To tie affliction and destro to big demon summons

Destro I think makes more sense having infernal than affliction does having dark glare. Dark glare feels so odd in the affliction spec

Dark Glare is awkward for me and I don’t like it at all. Destro having Infernal is sensible due to the fire, but Demo should focus on having more powerful demons as permanent pets, not just having Felguard and otherwise being a shadow Beast Mastery spec. It would be fitting for Demo to get Doomguards at the very least.

1 Like

Demo should get access to each summon. Let darkglare double the extended duration of all summons. Tyrant will be the nuke demon. Infernal is the aoe/utility demon.

I said what i said

1 Like

Infernal/Abyssal makes the most sense for destro because it’s one of the more chaotic demon types. Barely sentient and when called upon crashes onto the scene burning everything until its time is up.

Gameplay, balance and mecânica should never be more important than class fantasy in a MMORPG, being said that, demo should get all demons, even if they do not worth, I remember in Padaria using the infernal on pvp just to find rogues with his passive damage aura.

So they should go through the effort to add infernal and darkglare to the demonology talent tree even though are not going to be worth it without heavily reworking them? They’d have to choose a spot to insert them that doesn’t break the rest of the tree due to pathing. They’d also need to find a place to insert the talents that buff them, or again they would be worthless.

That is a lot of work to include something that wouldn’t benefit demonology in any meaningful way.

Bring back perma Doomguard and Infernal. Legion iteration.