Delves so far

I’m hoping the higher difficulties mean better rewards. I have not received anything of value from them just doing the level 3 difficulty.

They are fun but they aren’t that efficient imo. Which is fine.

They feel like a worse dungeon experience. I’d rather they give us 16 dungeons per xpac than do delves or other gimic BS. Then we’d have 8x dungeons for the first season all FRESH, 8x of the other new dungeons the 2nd season (maybe they are later released too as a new patch), then S3 = S1 rotation and S2 = S4 rotation so our dungeons are “fresh” and we still get to just play new xpac dungeons instead of going back to to older versions of dungeons.

I like them more than I dislike them, but they seemed to change the gearing in them. Or I don’t know how it works. I don’t seem to be getting any gear from end of chest runs from the Delves unless I do a bountiful delve (I only did one of them and I am saving the rest of my keys) It seems like once your a certain overall ilvl they stop dropping gear even if you could receive an upgraded piece in a few slots? I ended up just buying something cheap on the AH cuz the ilvl of the piece I was hoping to upgrade was like lvl 528 but it still kinda sucks. Or did they just totally remove the gear from regular delves and make it bountiful only? If so, that change sucks but I’m not sure. I will see how they feel when more of the tiers open up.

It’s hard to judge them the first three tiers- but some of the boss fights were really fun and like the perfect happy medium between fun and challenging. ((for me anyway))

1 Like

some are loooooooong , too much trash , rewards are kinda meh right now , 50g and and pat on the back at best

Yeah they’re a major win. Just needs mythic tracking.

What?
One of the under water ones you can literally skip to the boss with the story perk the rocket voot things
None of them are egregiously long, and guess what you can also skip trash you dont need

1 Like

I swapped spec from ret to prot and did Night Sanctum or w/e it’s called on tier 3.

Clearing the mobs was fairly easy and fun, almost died twice on mobs but when I came to the last boss, that npc on the ship that once you kill him he comes back as a fire shadow dude and you have to kill him a 2nd time, I kept dying before I could kill him the 1st time so I took a break, watched some YT videos of other people doing it on tier 3 and then tried again.

This time, I changed Brann out to healing spec and went ahead and finally killed him but he didn’t change into the shadow fire dude.
He just stayed dead and then it was done. I thought that was interesting because the AI must have figured out I was having trouble (I’m relatively low geared) and helped me out so not all the delves are going to be the exact same experience for all players.
Thank God.

• Forgot to add, I got ilvl 522 shoulders from it. Again, I did it low geared 502 shoulders so maybe that’s why I got the gear.

Agree, I find joy in the “ooooooo a chest” as I farm for the Seeker of the Loot title lol so I am enjoying it so far

1 Like

I’ve only tried a few and am still trying to find one that is interesting and enjoyable.
They’re each quite different so I think it’s just finding which works best for each player.

That is an adorable story!

Thank you for sharing for you!

:cookie: :cookie: :cookie: for you!

1 Like

Delves are fine.

The thing to remember is that they scale in difficulty and reward, so they are a long-term gearing source for solo players. This is the first time WoW has had this for solo players, so I think a lot of the group players are underestimating the appeal of delves because they are not the target audience for them – obviously M/+ is. But for solo players, having the bountiful hest gear and then the vault gear every week, for doing solo content, is new, and is very welcome, and the delves will be very popular with solo players, especially people looking for more of a challenge as the levels get higher (capped now at 3, so it’s pretty easy).

1 Like

I think they could be far cooler if they had a slight branching alternate mysterious path. Maybe a bit of a Harrison Jones vibe where we can go off the beaten path and have a bit of a fun little adventure. Or maybe we branch off and do a little jumping puzzle, hit a hidden lever, and unlock a secret treasure room. There’s really a ton of things they can do with these that don’t all have to feel like dungeons or torghast. There’s a lot of room here for creativity as I’ve said on beta in my own thread regarding them. Maybe another room we get stuck in and it’s an Escape Room and we have to solve the mystery to get out.

Maybe go into a darkflame cleft type cavern and hop on an old mining cart and have to fight off a call of duty style wave of cart chasers and flying mobs (oh and void infused kobolds on bats flying around!) :smiley: All while trying to get more candles to keep the darkness away :open_mouth:

They’re really missing a bit of an opportunity for really wild crazy fun stuff in my opinion.

Here’s another wild and crazy idea: You enter the Delve and you become Bran helping an adventurer lol. Once you complete it the first time you earn an achievement like Bran for a Day. At the end you beat the boss and a body swap device is deactivated putting you both back in your correct bodies, and Bran says “let’s keep this between us okay?”

I think you mean:

The thing to remember is that they scale in difficulty and reward, so they are a long-term gear treadmill for solo players.

I agree the content, in of itself, will be popular with solo players.

But I doubt the treadmill will appeal long-term to solo players. Probably do a season and then recognize doing the same content over and over and over again is not fun and then just do them they same way they do dungeons.

Duos though, I bet they are going to have a blast with this!