Delves so far

Trying to do them all at least once. So far they range from ok to I hate them. They aren’t for me but I didn’t like Torghast either so I’m not the target player for them.

My favorite thing about them is at least as far as the ones I’ve done they don’t take very long.

Imagine being excited over champion gear

God the underwater ones are a mess as a pet class with pathing
The spearfisher mobs randomly yeeting you all the way from across the map was also gross but they nerfed that somewhat. And its been a little better

The water one yesterday, had a boot jump thing that randomly just didnt work which was … fun…

My gripe honestly still is the fungal ones and probably the candle/air totems those arent overly enjoyable

1 Like

LFR gear which turns into normal through upgrades actually

those LFR and normal tier sets are great.

Sure? Not everyone can or wants to do mythic. Its a time sink, and the solo content for gear thats decent is fine.

4 Likes

…so what? The joy of this gearing system is that we can set our own milestones and be happy to achieve them through various means.

Imagine crapping on people being happy about a thing you don’t even have to participate in.

7 Likes

I like them so far. I didn’t think I would.

But it’s fun to customize Branns abilities and I like to collect the treasure at the end. It reminds me of withered training from Suramar.

1 Like

Super annoying, I hardly finished 3 and then quit the 4th midway as I can’t deal with these unfun mechanics. I mean, I can, but I don’t want to. Haven’t stepped in a delve since

I am enjoying them. I do not really like the underwater ones. But I have never enjoyed underwater anything in this game. I cannot wait for the higher level tiers to open up.

2 Likes

I’ve only begun and finished two, but so far, I am really looking forward to doing a lot more of them. Well, perhaps not the underwater delves :slight_smile: I haven’t ever enjoyed underwater content in WoW either.

1 Like

Enjoyed all the ones Ive done so far (Which is all of them). I’m kinda just plodding along playing it safe but I can see how I’ll have to use my brain / play well later on at this rate. Even the underwater ones I surprisingly didnt dislike due to the speed buff and otherwise ground based movement.

Delves are probs going to be my main source to gear my dps alts, they are simple yet challenging enough to be fun!

I did a few while leveling to test them out and liked them a lot.

When I get around to grinding for gear, I think these will be fine for doing it. (And I look forward to getting my first piece of gear from the Vault.)

For now, I am setting up characters with Professions but after a couple of weeks, I will probably start progressing through the Delves.

1 Like

Imagine being wrong about what content I’m having to participate in.

They’re fun for me.

Considering though that the actual progression form of content for them isn’t available yet (starts with Season 1), I think it’s way too early to be judging them.

1 Like

Delves are interesting. Just not very rewarding currently with them being capped at T3.

Maybe it’s just me or are the mobs also scaling with your ilvl on top of the Delve tier scaling? I thought T3 delves would be quicker once I got 580+ in every slot, but no everything is still as bullet-spongey as they were when I was a fresh 80.

yup. having a lot of fun with them so far.
Loving the four dungeons Ive run too.

Everything I do is about what mood Im in.
Sometimes I’ll be in the mood to farm instances, so Im sure it’ll be the same with delves.
No different than any solo game I spent time playing.

Maybe? Feels like its more related to the class tuning. Some classes it feels like just have an easier time blowing through delves than others.

On the hunter as BM trying to rework everything so i have MD and AoE and not lose defensives makes it feel a bit weird.

May just simply be related to scaling all the same

1 Like

as someone that loved toghast even though torghast did not reward actually gear, i find delves so far to be a flop. i get that we only have access to level 3, but i still cannot see them being fun due to the fact that there is nothing fun about them. and even at a 8+ where they only drop champion gear, i will only get my achievements and forget they ever existed.

there is no depth to them. there are no fun abilities, no fun niches or mechanics. just run in kill a few mobs with overly inflated hp and open a chest that gives a handful of gold (not even enough to cover a non death repair) and 10 valorstones.

torghast imo was 1 trillion times better than these delves. if delves drop some end game gear at a similar difficulty and time sink level, i would be more inclined. but until then /flop

2 Likes

My opinion is still a work in progress - my reactions have already spun up and down as I went from first impressions wandering in blind to progressing the first three tiers to now slightly outgearing tier 3 and trying to decide if they are worth farming against a backdrop of many other activities across a large warband all competing for my attention.

It’s going to take me more time, probably most of season 1, to figure out where my feelings on them end up falling.