Delves as a warrior

out of curiosity, any of you have been able to do a t8 as arms of fury warrior, even as prot warrior?

solo, i managed to get to the last bosses as a prot warrior but i was never able to kill it due to channeling abilities doing a ton of damage

i finished one by going prot

2 Likes

Yes. Only 1 of them gave me any real trouble.

Albeit i was using health pots quite a bit.

yep, t8 as prot. Nothing special.

Nope I die quite a bit as fury warrior tier 8 delve in 584 gear. My mistweaver at 585 has no problem completing tier 8 delve.

Sticking to prot for them mostly just to outlive some of the silly damage intake, but I’m also using a DPS Bran instead of Healer.

finally managed to finish 1 t8 solo as fury, i took my time, trying to get mobs 1 by 1 when possible and waiting for cds, last boss was painful and killed me 4 times but on my last life i was able to kill it by switching brann back to healer

2 Likes

Did a couple T9 today as prot. 10 was where I started hitting a brick wall against some caster heavy pulls. I’m 590ilvl and not really min/maxing my PvE gear. No enchants or anything.
I’m sure someone with a bit more experience as prot or actually taking the time to tailor their spec for the pulls could do it. Also definitely depends on the delve.

1 Like

I think the issue is when I’m trying to do these T8 delves is if there is even so much as a single caster it has to be burst down or itll just chunk me for 1.5 mil a cast which can quickly evaporate my health bar which can be frustrating, plus some of these mechanics just hurt and feel like theres not enough CDs to really get through it. :frowning: like the waterworks boss, that damn little fire thing he does just chunks away the bar and then you get hit with wax throw and that hurts, just a bungle of hurt for a poor dps to handle x)

1 Like

Oh my God. Waxface or whatever his name is. He’s the WORST. It took me 9 tries and that was just a T6 as Fury. I had to switch over to defensive stance the entire time and time spell reflect for the fire spell and save Victory Rush.

In the end I just had to maintain as much uptime on him as possible. If I missed a single window of standing just outside the fire on the floor with him on the edge and not burning down Brann’s Dino egg it was game over.

I’ve solod several T8 as Prot for my vault. Just had Zekvir spawn in a T8 in kinda a bad spot but managed to handle him but didn’t get a map though. I do plan to push more and see how it goes.

I think I’m doing well because I main Prot in PvP and kinda used to taking 60% extra damage and a lot of spell damage. I’m also talented and geared in a way for this which I think is helping in Delves.

I have very high Versa from my 606 PvP gear. I’m also socketed 6 stam/versa gems. I run more mastery as well for bigger Ignore pains and attack power. I’m working in some 600 ilvl PvE gear now as I do Delves. So hopefully next week I can attempt solo Zekvir and high Delves.

Also the new PvP gem does have uses in Delves with 5% damage reduction after being CCed.

I soloed like 10 t8’s as fury, Think I started t7’s around 590 ilvl then quickly went to 8’s

Wait for cd’s for full burst and defensive stance is your friend trust me.

Fury in Defensive Stance > Prot in delves.

Take second wind and heroic leap out if you need to and get full health.

I’ve completed a couple of T8s at around 575 - 583ish.

As long as you don’t get an unlucky special mob placed on top of objectives, it’s a challenge but doable (granted I’ve only done a few so far). You really need to use your defensives and time your heals well - spell reflect can also chunk the enemies if you use it well. Leap to avoid tough packs/special mobs as much as possible.

If a mechanic is obliterating you, look it up. The big nerubians killing me with stinging swarm I learned to leap out of the 50y range, for example.