Delicious in Dungeon!

What dungeon / raid bosses or monster-mobs would you be curious to harvest & make a meal out of? :thinking:

Bonus Points if you can:

• :person_gesturing_no: No intelligent humanoids (Looking at you Forsaken players!)
  • :grimacing: No demi-humans (or try not to at least)
  • If you can make it sound appetising. :drooling_face:
  • If you can whip in other ingredients :salt:
  • If you can add in Azerothian ingredients :hot_pepper:
  • Details to cooking techniques. :cook:

:point_up: The above are for bonus points or a guide of sorts, but aren’t necessarily compulsory. :slight_smile:

This is a fun thread, so have fun & post your quips, ideas and recipes bellow! :partying_face:

5 Likes

Just felt like sharing this out of obligation to the topic lol

8 Likes

:relieved:
“Ah … I see you too, are a being of culture.”

3 Likes

Fun fact. I’ve never watched Breaking Bad.

7 Likes

Those Mana Wyrms in the azure span could make a good mana recovering stew. But snake meat requires long slow simmering. I’d probably make the stew with lots of bell pepers and onion.

Shadowflame would help for just that magic pinch it needs, but if that’s unavailable, fel fire would also work. You just have to stir more often to make sure it doesn’t burn.

I’d say, after about an hour or three you’d have a delicious stew to serve up!

2 Likes

With a simple heat-resistant mug and harvested essence of Ragnaros the Firelord, you can make a Draught of Searing Agony.
One swig will cure your hunger.
Permanently.

3 Likes

Unless you’re a DID Warlock or DK? :stuck_out_tongue:

Wish I could participate more in this topic but I don’t really cook.

1 Like

Then give us some ingredients or desires and we’ll see if we can cook you up something? :smiley:

Nice try winged lion xp

Although I do really wanna try Living Armor

1 Like

(Sorry, but I’m ignoring conditions 1 and 2 because they exclude like 90% of dungeons.)

Today, we indulge in the cuisine of the Scarlet Monastery where we feast on the rich bounty of the Scarlet Crusade.

For our appetizer, we have raw thigh meat wrapped in bacon.

Next, bowl of lightly boiled blood soup with bits of facial features; lips, noses, ears.

The third dish is a thick steak cut from neck muscle seasoned with herbs grown on gravestones.

Fourth, we take human hearts stuffed into a stomach with a sweet and sour glaze.

We save the torso for a platter of blood basted ribs, oozing with juice.

Finally for dessert, we finish with eye and brain pudding served from the Scarlet Commander’s skull.

Who would I eat? Everyone! The whole world shall be consumed by the black hole that is Rita!!!

3 Likes

Albeit I wouldn’t say I’m an expert, I cook roast meals quite often & a handful of sauced dishes + have made a few recipes from the Warcraft Recipe Book. :blush:

I’ll try start to get some more spirit of the mood in the thread :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

:diamonds: “Throughout the ages, adventurers slayed monsters & bested dangerous areas throughout Azeroth and other worlds throughout the cosmos. In doing such, they attained relics & all sorts of things – the rest however, was harvested by various scavenging adventurers who sold & bartered parts of the monsters – Many of which were sold to a Bronze drake who froze them in time, ripe for using when the time was right.”

:sparkles: Hearty Colossus Surprise :sparkles:

Ingredients:

• Lor’shan Spirit Mushrooms
  • Earth-Ripple Potatoes

For both of these, they’re grown & harvested from elemental mountain giants.
For ours, we harvested them the mountain colossus ‘Landside’ in the caverns of Maraudon. The mushrooms grow on top of the giant, whereas the potatoes are grown within their feet.

• Pit Lord’s Heart
  • Sanctified Holy Water

For these, we harvested the heart of Magtheridon and used Stratholme Holy Water – Courteously supplied by our trusty dwarven friend Grimand Elmore!

• Royal Kraken Meat

For this fresh fishy fascination, we harvested the meat off the defeated Kraken ‘The Lurker Bellow’ – Once a behemoth of Draenor before its destruction into Outland, we tracked it down to the Serpentshrine Cavern and fished it out for our delicacy!

• Dwarven Mild (Cheese)
  • Suramar Multi-Purpose Wine
  • Pandaren Olive Oil
  • Amani Spices
  • Stormwind Butter

Method:

• Pour the sanctified holy water over the pit-lord’s heart to exorcize the impurities, and roast in the oven at 150 degrees for an hour, alongside the Earth-Ripple Potatoes.

Coming to the end of the roast –

• Slice the mushrooms into thin slices & sizzle in frying pan on a low heat with some olive Pandaren olive oil, Stormwind Butter & sprinkled Amani Spices.
  • Fry some sliced Kraken meat for about 10 minutes on a medium heat, and pour some Suramar Multi-Purpose Wine over to cook in.
  • Melt the cheese.

Take the roast out, chop into quarters - serve the roasted potatoes next to the sautéed spirit mushrooms, lay out the thick slices of Kraken and pour the cheese over your food of choice and your dish is ready! :partying_face:

Suggestion with meal: Choice of beverage with meal, would be Moonberry Juice

1 Like

OK hear me out,

Raal the gluttonous, but cooked by the hearts bane triad because they’re secretly lovely old ladies that want to make sure my people are well fed.

1 Like

Now then … For our follow up meal, we have –

:exclamation: :fire: :sparkles: The gifts of the Loa! :sparkles: :fire: :exclamation:

Ingredients:

• Hydra Loa Liver
  • Blood-god Tail
  • Northern Bear-god loin meat (AKA: Divine Bear Backstraps)
  • Crackling Eel-Loa Strips

For these four vital ingredients we attained the liver from the Sandfury Loa GAHZ’RILLA within the depths of the sand trolls enclosure Zul’Farrak! Next, we sliced the tail off the Blood-god HAKKAR from the Gurabashi trolls most sacred altar in the heart of the city Zul’Gurub! The Northern Bear-god loin meat we harvested from the slain bear god RHUNOK in the fallen kingdom of Zul’Drak — and finally, the crackling eel-loa strips we attained from the eel G’NATHUS, who roamed the waters of Lei Shen’s citadel from a bargain made long ago …

Additional ingredients include:

• Northern Spices
  • Gurabashi Mojo seasoning
  • Zandalari Olive Oil
  • Revantusk Sea-Salts
  • Jar of loa-blessed honey

:clap: Now then …

The Method :cook:

Eel Loa Strips -

1. Wash the eel under water until it’s a bit pale both in the front and back. …
  2. Pat the eel dry with kitchen paper.
  3. Crush it into some aluminum foil and use it to prevent the eel from sticking.
  4. Slather with some Zandalari oil for flavour & speed cooking process
  5. Grill the eel with the back side facing up. …
  6. Once the surface is cooked, flip it over and bake for 2-3 minutes.

Hydra Loa Liver -

1. It’s very lean, so it’s most often pan-seared quickly to brown and keep it from drying out, using Zandalari olive oil helps give it some additional moisture.

Blood-god tail –

1. Chop Hakkar’s Tail into thick steaks
  2. Douse Revantusk salts onto each side of per steak, as the meat is bloody (Go-Figure)
  3. Add the steak to the oiled very hot pan. The cooking times will vary based on the thickness of the steak, but about three minutes per side for 2-inch thick steak should do the trick.
  4. Add in some Gurabashi Mojo seasoning throughout cooking process. :slight_smile:

Northern Bear-god loin meat –

1. Season Rhunok’s backstraps with salt and pepper and any other spices you desire. Drizzle with olive oil and rub until coated.
  2. Heat the barbecue grill or chargrill pan over a medium-high heat.
  3. If using a chargrill pan, add 1 tbsp of olive oil.
  4. Table-Spoon of loa-blessed honey buttered onto both sides of the meat
  5. Season atop of the honey with some Northern Spices
  6. Cook bear-meat for 3-4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking.
  7. Remove from heat and set aside on a board to rest for 5 minutes.
  8. Slice the meat, and serve.

Cooking Tip: Best served with your selection of vegetables grown from wondering ancients. :smiley: These can be sliced & cooked alongside the liver as a stir-fry or otherwise to your liking.

Delicately prepare each meat onto each side of the plate and place out the vegetables between each of the meats … VWALAH! :pinched_fingers:

The gifts of the Loa is served!

2 Likes

I have a lvl 60 (30 now) Heart of Hakkar from Vanilla, in my bank on my old main, and also an Onyxia’s original head lol.

The quests the items start have been removed from the game, they’re just for flavor now lol.

I keep them as digital memorabilia.

But, I’d 100% throw them into a pot for cooking something delicious, always wanted to try dragon and wind-serpent-god meat.

I think I’m more like Laios than I care to admit- I’ve eaten a lot of “weird” things, like ostrich, I thought it was good. I’ve eaten various insects too lol. I want to try more reptiles.

Anyway, DID is a great anime.

Last boss of Battle of Dazaralor.

1 Like

Can’t say it ever crossed my mind to eat anyone in any dungeon, although Ragneros looks like he is made of sauce and cheese and everyone knows the center of the world is a giant meatball, so I would eat him.

Great anime, I eagerly await season two.

2 Likes

Examples

:diamonds: I’d just like to add in & say –

That the cooking METHODS described in the two above recipe meals, are either what methods you’d use for real-life-cooking with existing foods or at the very least closest-towards it, such as with ingredients of similar descriptions etc :slight_smile:

:star_struck: So let your imaginations soar with the glorious cooking potential & tasty possibilities! :grin:

1 Like