Delay when casting spells

Just started playing retail again and when pressing a spell or ability, it doesn’t feel like it’s going off instantly. It just feels really sluggish did they change something or is my computer slow? My latency is 30ms home/world 60fps. I’ve been playing classic and everything feels instant and then coming to this it feels very strange i even feel like the character reaction is slow too.
Anyone know the issue or have a fix? Thanks

2 Likes

I’ve been experiencing this too

1 Like

ill let you know if i figure it out

2 Likes

Us forsaken gotta stick together

2 Likes

I was able to find something that fixed it!
Paste this into youre chat window to check what your spell que is at
/dump GetCVar(“SpellQueueWindow”)
mine was at 400 i changed it to 130 my pasting this into chat
/console SpellQueueWindow 130
hope this helped

1 Like

There’s a delay players can change on casting spells? This is new to me. Is this what is happening when I hit an ability and it lights up as if it’s about to cast, but just sits there lit up and doesn’t actually cast until I hit it a second time? Kind of like it forgot to cast? (It’s different from lag where things just fire really late…)

check in your options… you may have spells set to cast on key release instead of key press

Try paste that stuff into chat if it doesn’t help you can always set it back to how it was with
/console SpellQueueWindow 400
assuming yours was 400 like mine

Ty so much, this was hella annoying.

1 Like

I didn’t even know that was a thing. Thanks steak <3

Get the delay when in Bastion, and when in the river of the dead area of the maw.

i tried poking around to find the setting before so i could give specifics on where to find it…

i couldn’t find where it was.

i assume it’s still a thing, but the interface options are all over the place, and never seem to be in logical places. :roll_eyes: