<Deja Vu> recruiting - Horde | PvP server | PvP & PvE focus - Hardcore but chill

Hey there everyone,

I’ve seen a ton of recruitment posts hitting the forums. I was never a fan of “mass recruitment messages or forum posts.” However, I’ve read through some of these posts and I thoroughly enjoyed reading the replies. I love the sense of community that is forming around Classic WoW again.

Déjà Vu will be a Horde PvP guild that also participates in plenty of PvE. This worked out well for us in Classic and in TBC. Generally we would make PvP events and PvE raid nights. Often times after finishing one, we’d have a lot of guys together and basically just say “Hey, wanna sneak into Stormwind and cause some trouble?” Then off we went with plans to sneak rogues and druids and a warlock into a hidden pantry in Stormwind somewhere to begin summong a raid group of 40+ people before kicking down a closet door and causing mayhem.

I do not deal with drama. Generally speaking, most of the dedicated crew are very chill and a bit on the older side. The average age for those we run with so far is in the mid-late 30s but anyone is welcome to come be a part of Déjà Vu so long as they are mature and not prone to excessive rage. Respect is expected among members and all of the playerbase, even amongst enemies. We’ll kill the alliance scum indescriminately but a spit macro to flood the chat is just nonsense. Have a good attitude. We are a tight-knit group of gamers who support each other and are always eager to have a good time. (Bow-chicka)

Death happens. Some of our most hilarious and pleasant past moments came from a raid wipe caused by a well respected and loved member named Sam, that would accidentally pull off “Leeroy Jenkens moments” after building a pyramid of empty beer cans half-way through a raid. Sometimes mid-way through a raid just from silly conversation and having fun we’d have to take bio breaks or wipe our eyes because we were laughing too hard. We have fun and plan to keep it that way! Have a good sense of humor! No raging over silliness. Be prepared to have fun in our success and our failures.

That said, we also get a lot of progress done. If Sam (or whomever) got too disruptive because his beeramid (beer-pyramid) grew too large then I’d pull him aside and let him know, we gotta get this done. He understood and would usually head to bed, allowing someone else to take his place so we finish the raid. Same goes for anyone, I just like using Sam as an example…

Discord will be expected of our members. Even if you do not have a Mic - you can listen and this is key for end-game coordination within PvP and PvE. Discord seems a lot better than some of the old programs we used to use. Only the utmost dedicated of the #NoChanges people will be opting to stick with Ventrillo or Teamspeak etc…

Without going too far into depth on specified raiding/pvp schedules I will say after the rush to end-game we’ll be planning a mid-week and weekend raid/pvp gathering. Participation is highly encouraged! Despite having a more laid back approach, we will be pushing raids along side the hard-core raiding guilds and we will be topping the PvP charts as well. There will be core groups of active players and we leave it up to each individual to prove that they have the passion to be part of it.

That said, all are welcome to join. Unlike original Classic it appears there will be a whopping 1,000 member slots available for guilds. Originally the guilds were capped at 250 or 325 or some-such, I do not recall but I vaguely remember the number was a bit odd. As we approach our member cap then less passionate (long-offline) players and alts will be removed as needed.

In the past while being within the top teir raiding we’ve never needed to use a “DKP-esque” loot system. If you show up, you have a chance at loot. Pretty simple. Let me know if I need to slow down for anyone. That said, if the same members continue to show up over new members and R.N.Jesus (RNG - dice) has not shined his countenance upon them then in the past it was not uncommon that for supremely dedicated players to get a piece of loot on reserve. Sort of an “honorary DKP system” if you will allow the term.

In the interest of full transparency I do want to note that there are a couple streamers within our ranks. Nothing crazy like Asmongold or Sodapoppin (although I have played with both). But understand by joining you most likely will be on live-stream from time to time. Should be a lot of fun to go back and watch replays of some of the nonsense we get done and the fun we had doing it.

If this sounds like it could be a match to you then feel free to come chill with us in discord. Make sure to send Kaincallavis (aka Hubster) a message saying you joined in discord hoping to join Déjà Vu when Classic goes live in August.

Link to “The Hub” discord - home server of Déjà Vu: [link redacted] - invite code: ZaaEeBd
kaincallavis (aka Hubster)#7838 - if you prefer to private message before joining a server or you are unaware of how to produce a link out of the invite code…

If you are interested in my experience then feel free to read the following:

I played Classic WoW. I began several days before the official live launch in 2004 with the week long beta release just prior to the official release. I quit Classic prior to Naxx; however, some of the crew have completed Naxx via either private servers and at least one of our members was lucky enough to finish during authetic vanilla WoW. I played a NE hunter named Garreth and very confidently say I did well in PvP, as did my guild. We raided cities and had a blast… Our guild name was Midnight Flight and if memory serves we played Spirestone, but it might have been Magtheridon. Sorry, 15 year old memories aren’t quite pristine.

I quit Classic prior to Naxx, I was not a huge fan of the battelgrounds. Don’t get me wrong. I enjoyed WSG, AB, and AV. However, I never really got incredibly excited during a battleground. The pvp all felt “canned” and it did not produce the same rush as world pvp. If you suddenly hear the cheap shot come out of no-where and a rogue is starting his combo on you then you have to react quickly, outplay, or die. It feels great to out-play a gank and survive… It feels amazing to turn the gank around on them and win.

I rejoined WoW at the start of TBC and played through all of its’ content. Upon returning I decided to try Horde and swapped to a Druid as it was the only class that ever gave me trouble as a hunter. While I played Classic I do not recall anyone keeping track of the “best guilds” or ranked guilds for pvp/pve etc… but in TBC I remember there were ranking charts. On Coilfang in TBC our guild was rank #1 on PvP and rank #3 on PvE content. Our guild name was Emerald Dreams and we had a spin-off Guild named “Of the Abyss.”

Other than one month of legion following a really hyped up announcement for official classic servers I have no real experience in retail and based on that one month I don’t have much desire to further that experience. Not trying to down-talk it. If you enjoy it, great! Just not my thing…

Did anyone actually make it this far? What are you doing with your life? …