Defensive stance shield glyph?

prior to shadowlands defensive stance had you pull out a shield and has now been changed to a set of 3 translucent shields that rotate around your character. i liked the old vfx way better and would like a glyph for that

3 Likes

We be needin more glyphs Mon, so many glyphs.

new glyphs, old glyphs, give me all of de glyphs!

2 Likes

That’s funny, because I remember a lot of people complaining that they hated the shield and wished you could T-mog the shield or just get rid of it altogether. Which is what they did. I don’t mind the spinning shield animation however.

1 Like

The shield just ruined mogs.

2 Likes

not for me, i liked being sword and board

though if they added a glyph both camps would be happy

2 Likes

Blizz is lazy, imo. The sky is the limit with the Glyph system. There should be HUNDREDS of customization options per class via glyphs. So much creative potential and it’s wasted.

1 Like

The shield wasn’t favored for a lot of people because it was the old High Warlord/Grand Marshal shield that was created back in Vanilla WoW which was considered to be pretty unappealing by many. This also made your attack animation play out as if you had a 1-handed weapon which I believe some players also didn’t like.

Personally, I think the way Defensive Stance looks now is a better option, but I can understand if people like the cosmetic look of walking around with a weapon and shield out. Thus, I don’t think putting in as a glyph of sorts isn’t a bad thing, but perhaps maybe it’s Blizzard’s way of avoiding confusion for others as well?

1 Like

The derp was real with this lol

The shield looked bad with a lot of mogs. If the shield could be mogged, I would have been fine with it, but we know that didn’t happen.

Let’s just push it back to requiring an actual 1-hander and shield, and a macro to swap weapons like the old days for spell reflect.

I was and still am one of those people lol.

I’m all for options however and think they need to really focus up and come out with more glyphs.

I one one was ecstatic to see the vfx change to SR though. that shield was ugly af.