Defending objectives a bannable offense?

This company and game keep getting harder to enjoy. Now I have to sweat being banned because I defend the currency NPC in Ashran from the inevitable rogue? Maybe they’ll just start auto-banning any hunter who enters a battleground and plays defense on a node the entire game just as their RBG role has taught them.

Source?

4 Likes

It’s correct. I’ve seen the original post. This part of the OP:

Is a direct quote from that post. They are basically saying “If you don’t follow the rest of the group, you could get a ban for it.”

1 Like

Therein lies the dilemma. Each player has a different interpretation of “Bad Time”. Most of what I have witnessed is that a “Bad Time” =< “you didn’t do it my way”. Within this frame it is very much leaving you at the mercy of unethical players and their uncontrolled emotions. C’mon, you know…the all caps “YOU GUYS ALL SUCK!” sorts.

Yet on the other side of it, I was in a very long IoC last night in which we had dropped their wall with 56% of our wall still up, and we controlled Hangar and Workshop. As I was dashing pell mell to their keep to help push through the hole in their wall, I spotted 4 (ours) players sitting in obscure spots where they could be close to, but not involved with the fighting. We ended up losing through resources…which is VERY rare. 2 of those players were 2 of our 4 healers. Had they been at the fight, we may have pushed through.

There is good cause to be concerned on both sides of the issue, and at least Blizz is attempting to spank those bad cats in the herd. Time will tell if they can refine the efforts.

If you read between the lines they are saying “We dont care why you were reported, if you were reported we are just going to uphold it because we dont want to spend the money to sort it out. Deal with it.”

Basically the algorithm they have is not really capable of sorting it all out well and they arent going to invest the manpower to sort it out with a human.

1 Like

Blizzard : We give you bonus honor for guarding a flag or node.

Also Blizzard: Don’t guard flags or nodes because that’s not being team friendly.

Also Blizzard : Tuna is a fish but only when it’s earned it’s white swimming badge from tuna summer camp.

2 Likes

Well they responded here in this post in regards to this:

Looks like they’re still doubling down that their bans aren’t automatic. Id bet money that if you had everyone in a battleground report one player participating, they’d get a suspension lol

6 Likes

Here you go.

7 Likes

HAHA. Thank you for linking this. This made my day.

3 Likes

While I can’t disagree here, I can say that it would be a monumental task to satisfy everyone based on all the opinions we see. For that matter if I were a Blizzard employee being exposed to the sheer amount of vitriol spread on these forums, I would most definitely think twice about my career choice.

I mean that is pretty much how I am taking it.

The truth? 30 days is the biggest problem with me. First time offense and a 30 day slap to miss the expo is kind of a big problem for me. I defended towers. Hell I capped the tower most the time. As in I clicked the thing, got the cap, and defended it. If that is considered against TOS now then ok, I just wont do that anymore, but 30 days for it is EXTREMELY harsh.

1 Like

Yeah but this is basically not letting you use the service you paid for. There is no other company or industry where they just flat out deny you use of a service you paid for using an algorithm and seem to care little about its effectiveness or fairness.

My theory is people put up with it because we played games since we were kids and the relationship subconsciously becomes adult to kid.

Imagine going to MCds and paying for your food and they take your money and not give it to you because someone told them you cut in line after you paid. No reviewing the camera.

If Blizzard were forced to give you the option of a full or partial refund of the xpac and sub you paid before they could ban you, then they would be incentivized to at least look.

4 Likes

Yup. No sense of scale to the punishment either. Just hey… we just made up these rules last weekend because of the ragers in AV were mad. So now defending nodes, back capping, and all that stuff is against ToS and we made up some bull about damage and heals because we got numbers and stuff to point at.

Sure you capping that node won the game. Sure back capping that one won another. But where is the big dam? You are just a green parser in AV man. Sorry… you need to miss the WotLK launch. Its just how it is. We got to make these report happy ragers happy.

Pretty disgusting.

1 Like

Its all automated now. This was proved a few weeks ago when asmongold got banned. Then told all bans were final, no appeal, like everyone else and then his account reinstated after a careful review that should have happened first before the ban.

I would not queue for RBGs or use the LFG tool anymore. You may lose your account. Play with friends, people you know only.

1 Like

I don’t think I’ve posted for years, but just logging in to say Vrakthris’s comments are extremely concerning.

Battlegrounds have objectives to win, and if you do them but the rest of the team (who are likely complete random) may do something different, exploiting or min-maxing the most efficient way to farm honour over the game designed objectives, and you may ban the player trying to win by defending an objective?

I will always play the objectives and try to win. Do I really have to play this game in fear of what random arbitrary decisions Blizzard make these days?

5 Likes

Thank you for linking this. People still believe Blizzard actually reviews these things and its not automated.

4 Likes

I mean maybe someone at the company has a port in their brain that they can install algorithms in and then those people review things at a rapid rate. Give them the benefit of the doubt! (lol)

2 Likes

I also just got the email stating my ban is reduced to the 14th.

1 Like

Can confirm mine got reduced to the 14th as well. Email just hit minutes ago.

1 Like

This is terrible. No way to appeal. They just take your game time away for no reason.

1 Like

Yeah I don’t think the appeal process is going to be super effective. I mean, put in your ticket and hope.

I hope everyone at the very least gets it down to that. While I am still pretty mad about not getting to play until the 14th because I was defending nodes I will take it at this point.

3 Likes