Defending is too easy in Wintergrasp and needs to be nerfed, extremely hard

Yeah I’ll even afk out of WINNING Wintergrasp games :roll_eyes:

I simply don’t enjoy the bg, there’s just not enough PvP for my tastes :thinking:

…but Southshore vs Tarren Mill on the other hand, you pretty much “overdose” on PvP in there. Non-stop PvP from start to finish, I love it :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

1 Like

I will have to agree with op, I think I have seen the attacking team win once out of 20 WG played since it became an epic bg.

2 Likes

They did come out and say offense/defense wins are fairly even.

4 Likes

They also said “we think AV is in a pretty decent spot” and “Alliance wins the majority of Alterac Valley games” :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

5 Likes

They do have the data that we don’t. There’s far more instances going on than we can keep track of.

2 Likes

Your right they did say

That does not reflect at all what I’ve experienced first hand though.
In the games I’ve played there always seems to be a clear advantage for the defending team.

5 Likes

They feel about the same to me. Only offense games I’ve lost I can point out the reasons why we lost. On offense games you just can’t tunnel vision.

I do feel that 5-10 minute “avoid each other” phase at the start needs looking at though.

2 Likes

I’ve been in several losing matches on the defensive side. In almost every case, attackers zerg sunken ring and then just start cranking out vehicles

3 Likes

Okay but doesn’t mean it’s auto win. I’ve won on offense before, pretty quick too.

2 Likes

Yeah no crap. I got the Achieve for winning WG in under 10 minutes in this ebg version, and witnessed others get it many times since. You can’t get that achievement as defense since “victory” is playing out the clock.

And for people that say there’s not enough PVP in WG, if I sort my reflex by HK’s Wintergrasp occupies the majority of the top page. It’s only beaten by the rare AV Turtle/resource games, but those are very rare these days. IoC is the clear “dud” for “PVP” as it’s consistently low HK’s.

2 Likes

My favorite thing about WG is when I’m giving the Alliance the business here comes 3-4 Cata-putzes that flamebroil me down in like 2 seconds.

Pallies are my favorite thing to sizzle.

Oh I understand, me being Ret does NOT help, especially after I have made it unpleasant as I possibly can for them or their team. I would have done the same.

2 Likes

Cats allow all of us to be ret for a short time. High burst, extra health bar, wheels, the whole nine

2 Likes

I thought you were talking about Feral at first when you said Cats lol and I about choked on my drink in laughter

2 Likes

Every offense win ive had in there was when alliance cuts off horde from doing their circle around the southern WSs and wipes them while they are enroute. After that a few roam on defense and the alliance has the ranks and vehicles by then to just plow through.

It was fine until the cat nerfs. Now eat your lunch.

I think we all have but id be curious to see more recent stats from them. If its similar then it is what it is

2 Likes

i think what most people are talking about here is players fighting other player characters.

IMO a ground troop vs a cat/demo/seige is still pvp, its just facing a different “class” than normal. you still need to outplay another person.

Exactly. I don’t recall people saying Halo sucked cuz it had Warthog jeeps or whatever