Defend Azeroth When You Defend Your Account

I have a smartphone too. Can’t be used to setup authenticator. You must have a “post paid” phone plan to set it up.

1 Like

Not true at all, I’ve been using prepaid-style service (Tracfone, Simple Mobile, etc) for years and never had an issue. My authenticator works just fine

I pay a whopping $25/month for cell service, and this phone cost me $80

This notion that you need like a $1000 iPhone and $150/month service plan is nonsense, not sure where you’re getting this stuff from

It’s possible you’re in another country or something? Maybe it’s different due to location? Idk

You probably got grandfathered into the new system just like I did. Then I tried to remove my authenticator from my old phone and add it to my new phone and now I can’t add it anymore.

I would suggest you try but I suspect you either a) would say you did, but didn’t b) I wouldn’t want you losing your authenticator just to prove a point, so please don’t.

Players cannot setup NEW authenticators unless the phone plan is “post paid” (that’s literally what it says when you attempt to set it up) post-paid in case you missed it, means a contracted 1-2 year plan with a carrier.

No workarounds, no vpn’s no software/hardware spoofing, no 10-minute phone numbers work. post-paid only. I’ve tried it all, ive tried some weird @#$% suggested too. NOTHING works. post-paid. ONLY.

The phone part doesn’t matter, it’s the phone plan that matters. I have half a dozen old phones that would be valid to use if I had a valid plan. But I don’t.

1 Like

Trust me all of this is confusing to the point I haven’t played the game for two months and now this again when i just up my security when comcast and microsoft updated this mess . It’s been secured alright. :weary: :dracthyr_nervous_animated:

This article got all the meat our development update lacked.

Awesome.

1 Like

This person on Reddit had the same problem and said:

If you have a pre-paid plan, you can’t connect that number…if you’re in the US, use talkatone, buy 60 credits as a one time purchase for 1$, and you’ll be able to connect it, that’s what a bunch of us have been doing. Can confirm it indeed worked for me.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/s/GHP4V8vfoh

Have you tried that?

Another thread discussing this and Talkatone: https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/overwatch/t/which-places-work-and-dont-for-prepaid-wiki/692802/18

I understand those are Overwatch threads, but still Blizz and may work.

I have tried 4 different apps similar to and including this one, doesn’t work. Again I really mean no disrespect but I have as well as many other players have tried every trick/hack/secret you can think of, I promise I mega super ultra giga I swear to jesus h christ promise you I have tried dozens (like 25+) different things people have come up with

IT DOES NOT WORK

edit: several people in the thread you link even say it doesn’t work too, so not sure why you bothered linking it? :thinking:

1 Like

And the answer would be yes, for anyone who isn’t deliberately avoiding society. Having access to a smartphone is practically mandatory for living in the world post 2010. And it’s only becoming more and more mandatory.

Blizzard’s mistake with that quote wasn’t assuming their audience had phones, it was assuming their primarily PC-centric audience (with a bit of console players mixed in) had any interest in a shoddy mobile version of Diablo.

1 Like

Some people in the thread said it worked as well. Sorry for trying to help? You’re insufferable.

Get a prepaid account and then cancel it.

Talks about account security, shows possibly the weakest NPC Guards I’ve ever seen in a game

You two took an obvious joke far too seriously…

android emulators are not accepted. maybe you should stop poor shaming.

1 Like

I still get blocked from making most groups in LFG because of not having a authentator thing.

when did they change this? for awhile they were accepting pre paid. cause i AINT DOING POST PAID.

Certainly.

When you are willing to pay for a phone for me and the monthly bill that goes with it.

If not, come up with a free option because I already paid for your game and am paying monthly for the subscription and that is quite enough, thank you.

Or you can keep dealing with the headache.

Oh, and you still owe me a refund for the authenticator I did buy back in the day that I can’t use because when the battery dies, I will end up permanently locked out of my account.

4 Likes

Its free, just because you can’t or won’t get a phone is not there problem… they are not going to cater to the less than 2 percent that don’t have a phone in north America

phones are not free.

Yes you’re absolutely right, but the app is 100% free…your point?

you know exactly what it is quit being obtuse. if you dont then you have no place in this discussion or are just trolling.

How am I being obtuse?

I literally said

The app is 100% free