Deepstar Polyp not dropping 100% with lure

So yesterday I fished for around 8 hours to get the “Strange Goop” item from Zerith Mortis to get that sick looking jellyfish mount. After seeing 2 of my friends get theirs in around 50 casts and both summon/kill the guy and get their mounts in a few resets I settled in and ground it out. When it did finally drop at I think around 1300 casts or more I went and did the hidden storyline, got my lure, equipped it, and finally fished him up excited for my new mount. Nothing Dropped. No mount. So at this point im fuming angry but i figure it’s a bug just submit a ticket. Got my ticket response today the GM said its not guaranteed even if you are the lure user then referred me to a wowhead article in which the first line the person says they believe its guaranteed to lure user. So basically just messing with me at this point. Why would you need a SECOND layer of RNG to a 1 in 1500 chance. How does that makes sense. Dont waste your time trying to get this stupid mount cuz it wont drop.

2 Likes

Sheet Game, Sheet Company, Papa John’s

2 Likes

Give this man a goop or give me death.

1 Like

monkaS

KEKW

Same happened to me today. First kill ever of this rare. Went got my lure. Lured him up. No mount. Blizzard tells me that it is secret content so they can’t tell me why I didn’t get it, can’t restore any of the items used to get it, etc. So basically I’m without a mount and very angry.

From what i’ve learned is if you have killed him at any point during a rare lockout phase where you’d not get loot if killed again, then you wont get the mount. You’d have to wait to fish him after the reset and then you can loot it.