Deep Wounds Mastery GONE! YES!

I love the bleed for PVP and for fights where I cant have 100% uptime. I’m not currently raiding right now though so I don’t have an accurate opinion.

1 Like

Because that mastery should be all about POWER! I mean it’s a warrior, the mastery should buff damage or something.

2 Likes

Because we’re only allowed to do so much damage or we are OP. Deep Wounds contributes a lot of damage, which means our other abilities have to contribute less. This runs counter to what Arms has always been, which is a slower spec that gets enormous crits.
It’s also a problem with every spec currently in the game, there’s so passive sources of damage in BfA that it dilutes your individual abilities. Personally I’d like to see Deep Wounds go back to only proccing off crits.

I won’t even delve into the mechanical side if things, but from a class fantasy point if view Arms has historically been a slower heavy-hitting spec with big Mortal Strike’s during CS/Recklessness windows.

I don’t particularly mind the Overpower bladeweaving kind of style right now, I think its fairly fun. But the lions share of our damage coming from a passive mastery effect is boring and lame.

Well,Rogues can just disappear from fight and regain 100% hp…I am not even talking about CC they have.
DH’s can fly in the sky,dodge,heal,deal tons of damage with 1 button
Monks can afk while their totems are healing everyone
Priests can keep healing unless 3+ DPS literally lays on them…

All we got is Mortal strike for Arms & Bloodthirst for Fury…

Don’t think that’s quite how any of that works. But okay.

1 Like

It works way that trolls can abuse those classes to call their selves good. I am sure you have seen 99% of DH players doing it or less % of rogue players. It is not to insult you or any good rogue player but some people can abuse those class abilities regardless of their skill level.

I mean yea everything is dumbed down to a point where things that used to somewhat mean something don’t anymore. I’ve had rogues triple DR kidney me at 2200 mmr this season. I see 1800 DHs and laugh.

But there comes a point where you can’t do stupid things like that anymore. You definitely can tell the difference between good and bad players.

Except DHs and warlocks in the current game. DHs are literally 2 buttons and warlocks just bind half their keyboard to chaos bolt and the other half to conflag and slam their head on the keyboard.

1 Like

Yall need to turn your on screen damage numbers off as Aedan said above earlier. If you’re worried about arms not “SMASHING ENOUGH” which shouldnt even be a problem with your freaky test of might windows giving you “BIG SMASHES”.

1 Like

The issue I really have with Arms is that they have tried many different routes with us over the years. One moment we were the only one with a heal debuff thus we were only considered the PVP spec and our debuff wasn’t needed much in raids.

Fast forward we became a burst spec. Then remade into a ramp up spec for 1 patch before it was removed. Then told we are supposed to be heavy hitters yet all we had was Mortal Strike and hit WW to dump rage. Time and time again it feels like Arms has had no fantasy over the years.

This will be the first time our mastery isn’t changing since mastery came out. Yes in pvp, having it helps when we don’t maintain 100% uptime on our target however that was rend was for back in the days and in fact rend felt a lot more stronger maybe because of the numbers as you saw a feral druid running away only to die to a rend tick.

Again we will not have the final numbers and people must remember our numbers will be small going into shadowlands. We don’t have all the info such as what the soulbinds will bring us, we have no clue what effects the legendaries will have.

Final words, learn to adapt or maybe warrior or Arms is just not for you.

This is an unintelligent take, and piggybacking off what the male blood elf said doesn’t change that.

Turning off your dmg display won’t change the fact that the class mastery/playstyle has changed four times since the beginning of MoP. And I just so happen to really not enjoy the current Maetery/playstyle. I’m sorry that this is hard for you to comprehend, and why myself and others enjoyed the slower but larger Colossus Smash/Mortal Strike windows of the past.

I’m actually curious as to when you two started playing warrior and what your highest level of play/favorite expac is.

3 Likes

Its just Warriors are thrown in garbage while some 1 button classes are getting buffed. It is easier to kill Arms than Warlock who gains shield worth tons of armor…

They do have a point though. What’s the difference between pulling 80k DPS with Deep Wounds vs if you pulled the same DPS with MS hitting for 200k and Deep Wounds not existing?

There is none. The only difference is that if there was no Deep Wounds, your cleave damage would be trash.

I get the “Arms should have chunkier swings” argument, I do. Believe me I hated and still do hate Deep Wounds mastery but I learned and adapted my playstyle and I realize Arms really isn’t that bad.

Coming from someone whose favorite iteration of warrior was MoP, when we could one shot someone with Heroic Strike in the first patch, and then 2 shot somebody in a single stun with Slam later on in the expansion. Trust me, I preferred the times when warriors were absolute tanks, both offensively and defensively.

And before you question my warrior experience, I’ve mained warrior since release, have seen every version and almost every patch since then. I grow tired of that argument. “You’re new, you don’t understand warrior, you never played before WoD, blahblahblah.” So what, that doesn’t mean we should value their opinions less.

Just because you don’t enjoy the playstyle, mastery, or whatever else, doesn’t make everyone else wrong for making the best of it. It just makes you look bad for whining on the forums about how the spec doesn’t perform by your standards, even though there’s nothing wrong with it.

The games changed and classes change. Would I like to see us return to being the devastating heavy hitters we were before? Absolutely. 100%. I’ll agree with that every time. But the fact of the matter is regardless what happened/will happen, this is the state of warriors currently, and I’ll learn and adapt and become better at it, and if it changes again I’ll do the same because I enjoy the class, and have for a long time.

1 Like

Started in TBC, multiple CE raider with M Nzoth down a couple weeks ago plus pushing 20+ keys each season, and WotLK & Legion were my favorites, mostly due to thematic reasons (WotLK) and loving Artifact weapons (Legion). Look me up in armory, WCL, or raider io if you need more detailed information regarding my performance. I’m an open book.

You’re a dummy. There, since we’re throwing out personal attacks with no argumentative value, there’s yours. How pointless.

Except it does change everything. You’re freaking out over the size of your MS hits, when as Backstabbath points out:

You are obsessing over the pretty numbers that flash across your screen and the fact of the matter is, it’s completely useless. White noise. Turn it off, free up all that screen space and attention, and devote it to something useful. Your enemy’s health bar is going down the same way, and as long as you are playing correctly, there’s reason to be paying any attention to exactly how much is coming from what, except for the feeling it gives you inside, which again is inherently useless.

I don’t necessarily disagree, I can see the argument from both sides and I think it’s legitimate to say that the playstyle doesn’t matter as much as long as the damage is there. This is fine.

It’s just not the playstyle I’ve enjoyed from Cata up til now, and I see others sharing the same sentiment. It should also be addressed that I think the glaringly obvious differences in our mastery say from, WoD to now aren’t necessarily as prevalent in PvE as they are in PvP. Emotionally everything remains much the same, but the pacing is different, obviously. And the playstyle for warrior in PvP was flipped on its head. We are closer to sin rogue/feral now than we are to arms even just one expansion ago.

As I said, legitimate arguments on both sides. But to say just turn off your dmg display as an aside to fix what I deem as poor mastery design is not legitimate.

Look at what they just did to the new cleave talent today. So sad. I was excited about it and they just flushed it down the toilet.

Going to double post because I’m on mobile at work and don’t feel like reformatting my post. First, if that to you is viewed as a personal attack I’m sorry. I can’t imagine how you view the rest of the internet outside of Blizzards unmoderated forums.

And I did my research, I see you have a few Cutting Edge achieves, all from BfA by the looks of it. Lots of AoTC, good good. Keys too, that’s fine.

But in your rush you dissect my argument you assumed I was solely referring to PvE, this is not the case, as I focus more on PvP. In my above post I address why the current Mastery affected PvP more than PvE.

I wouldn’t have as much of an issue with our dmg is our passive mastery wasn’t often #1 in details.

Have they fixed rage generation with arms? I don’t like the gameplay of having to stand around auto attacking to generate rage. It feels too slow and clunky? I’d say copy and paste FF14’s samurai class, put Blizzards little spin on it and call it a day. Well we do have samurai don’t we? Blademasters in lore?

Blizzard’s forums are by far the most automated and overall unmoderated forums I frequent.

Didn’t get off the nonstop deployment train until mid-Uldir. That crap will put a damper on your high end gaming ambitions. I generally always figured out how to get through heroic when I was around though. And heroic was the top difficulty when I was raiding in WotLK and Cata.

The bleed is like 6 seconds long, and bleeds in general are more powerful in pvp anyway. Less actually, I think its affected by haste. The argument stands, stop looking at your individual hits, and look at what’s happening to your opponent over the course of a couple gcds, and it’s all the same.

I completely understand the first portion, my brother got deployed mid 5.4 and any plans we had went down the toilet.

As for your last point, I mean I am telling you as someone with much more PvP experience the playstyle and pacing are different. That’s just a flat out truth.

I bow to your PvE knowledge however, you could run circles around me here. I got AoTC in one tier and that was enough for me. I did challenge modes quite a bit, but that’s about the extent if my experience.

At the end of the day, it doesn’t matter, and you have a fair point when you say it’s all the same. Yeah, sure. But there is some minutia there that’s changed. Just personal preference

1 Like