Deep Wounds Mastery GONE! YES!

I know some will say “It’s just alpha” and it is but so far from what I’ve seen is not looking too hot. I was really hoping they’d revamp arms play-style and make it more enjoyable and less “rend, rend spam bleeds” and give it more of an actual warrior feel. Like… man I really want to… you know? Actually DO BIG DAMAGE NUMBERS! and I want to feel like I’m actually killing stuff by pressing buttons not slowly killing them with bleeds.

DEEP WOUNDS MASTERY IS GONE!!! I AM A HAPPY CAMPER

• As of 6/20/2020 Deep Wounds mastery was removed and replaced with a raw damage buff to your MS, OP and CS.

https://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-warrior-class-changes/490692/52?u=melhart-ragnaros

5 Likes

i dunno i think arms looks great to me.i had a feeling pre-mop that warriors were going to be a terror and they were and im getting the same feeling for shadowlands. that being said a baseline heal of some kind that isnt victory rush and fixing our haste scaling and just adding a softcap to it so they dont scale out of control by the end of expansions

10 Likes

Anything related to heat? come to Fury.

From what I’ve seen Fury looks more or less identical to BFA.

1 Like

You guys need to seriously just turn off your floating combat text already. It’s white noise that doesn’t drive decisions during an encounter and apparently it makes you really unhappy with a spec that’s operating really well.

12 Likes

Arms looks like one of the better specs heading into SL. What?

9 Likes

arms is looking ok, but fury is a lot more concerning.

1 Like

Saying “a lot” might be too strong with how minimal the changes are. A little concerning, that I’ll give you. My own main fear is that without CSHB Fury will be a simple “stack Haste lol” spec with very flat Rage generation.

However, CSHB is old borrowed power and we still haven’t seen what most of the new borrowed power options are. So I’m reserving judgment until we find out what the soulbinds and conduits and crafted legendary items all put on offer.

1 Like

Despite how unpopular they were with some people, warriors have really benefitted from the systems they added over the course of the expac. When I think of the old 8.0 fury…yeah that was pretty boring in comparison. I hope it’s not back to that.

poor class design should never be an excuse tho

2 Likes

On that front, Fury might benefit from the talent changes. No more mandatory but boring Endless Rage and Carnage that do nothing but passively speed up how often you get to hit Rampage. Instead we’ve got interesting options like Onslaught and Wrecking Ball that actually change your rotation.

Of course, if those will be viable picks comes down to numbers tuning, and we’re a long way from that. But the potential for interesting choices at least exists.

3 Likes

im guessing Cold steel will be a legendary which should make fury feel better but arms will always struggle until they increase the % of haste to haste rating and then soft cap it so arms doesnt scale insanely out of control by the end of the expansion. arms just doesnt function in pve without insane haste or a big dmg buff to all our skills so its less spammy and bigger slower numbers to compensate kind of like what its playstyle dictates

Could always look at surv hunter. Think of it as a warrior with a battle buddy, but their mastery is actually good.

Seriously though, they gotta drop the bleeds on arms.

3 Likes

If anything I think Arms is a little overtuned in SL, particularly with that crazy execution covenant ability.

Arms looks fine. Fury and prot look basically the same except worse. Not a problem unique to Warriors though, pretty much every class has one spec that looks good and two that don’t.

1 Like

Looking at Arms myself and I have to give them credit on shoring up our weaknesses that we had all expansion. Numbers aren’t finalized at this point.

Having ravager and Bladestorm being used at the same time is really tempting for me at this point. Having Ignore pain will give us a baseline defensive choice, having our big 3 min defensive CD reduced too 2 min through leveling is big improvements.

I am sorry all people see is just numbers and again those numbers won’t be finalized until the tuning.

1 Like

If they were to bring single-minded fury back sure.

Arms will probably be insane first season of SL lmfao

2 Likes

Yes I agree, I’m getting that same feeling as well.

I’m still trying to figure out why people hate the bleed so much.